Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm I don't seem to see the chip! Def does look pushed way in though
they fixed it but it was on the bottom edge , only noticeable if the lid was raised on the very edge, really minor. thats why they gave me the loaner when I picked mine up so they could take the time to fix it. I didnt really say much about it but that it would be nice if it was fixed at some point along with the light and they said they could get it right then so I waited. Obviously they weren't able to adjust the light. I think its a molding error every single passenger tail light I saw was tight like mine, mine was just a little worse than most as you can see in the pics.

Last edited:
I’m seriously having a difficult time understanding why some cars are leaving Fremont perfect and some are a mess. To me, it sounds like employee issues and inconsistencies with certain shifts and not manufacturing anomalies, robotics or vendors parts. But then again, it could be the stampings and whatever whoever is applying the panels and trim. Bottom line, it’s not a good situation.

Reactions: play150
Ended up getting a VIN today with an updated delivery timeline of 6/18-6/
I’m seriously having a difficult time understanding why some cars are leaving Fremont perfect and some are a mess. To me, it sounds like employee issues and inconsistencies with certain shifts and not manufacturing anomalies, robotics or vendors parts. But then again, it could be the stampings and whatever whoever is applying the panels and trim. Bottom line, it’s not a good situation.
on my tail light issue it was across all the cars I saw mine was just worse ,see pics above. the vendor or design of that passenger taillight is obviously flawed. plus apparently its not adjustable so kind of stuck till they fix the mold or find some kind of fix at the least.

on my tail light issue it was across all the cars I saw mine was just worse ,see pics above. the vendor or design of that passenger taillight is obviously flawed. plus apparently its not adjustable so kind of stuck till they fix the mold or find some kind of fix at the least.
Hey Rob, I’m actually at dinner and looking at your pics on my iPhone 12 but it looks like the drivers side taillight assembly is sticking out or away from the car. I wonder if the assembly were removed and on the backside of the taillight housing if a dremel could safely be used to remove some plastic so the assembly sits in further???
I saw at least 10 cars or more today exhibiting the same thing. I can bet when mine arrives it’s the same.

Reactions: Rob LsTa
This is one area I noticed today on several Model 3’s where the plastic bumper was grossly out of alignment with the narrow section of fender that meets it. FYI, that’s just a google photo I found online, not an actual car I saw today.

Attachments

• 844C8727-1FB4-4827-8F76-D746A81B3C54.jpeg
    844C8727-1FB4-4827-8F76-D746A81B3C54.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 76
Hey Rob, I’m actually at dinner and looking at your pics on my iPhone 12 but it looks like the drivers side taillight assembly is sticking out or away from the car. I wonder if the assembly were removed and on the backside of the taillight housing if a dremel could safely be used to remove some plastic so the assembly sits in further???
I saw at least 10 cars or more today exhibiting the same thing. I can bet when mine arrives it’s the same.
here is what they told me. since thats the charge port side they close the lid and spray water if it doesn't leak its good. The issue to me is I believe they are tweaking the deck lid due to bad molds on the passenger side. Thats my assessment as the "if it doesnt leak water , and thats the charge port" reason is really flimsy. Mine was just way worse than the others I saw.

How do y'all actually switch out the M3P uberturbines upon delivery? Could the SC swap out the wheels for me if I bring them on delivery day? Or should I just do it myself at home? I was looking at some 19" forged wheels but I suppose I don't have the equipment to put the tire onto the wheel (for my current car I've done everything e.g summer/winter tire swaps at the dealership but I'm guessing that's now out of the picture xD).

In reality, it's more like 1 OR 11 weeks. If you are lucky, and order a configuration that is not allocated to an order and are close enough to California that it can be delivered by the end of the month, you could have it in a week. Otherwise, you're looking at September.
Well thanks for that…I guess. Since I live in Kansas, I suppose it’s likely September. :-(