Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was referring to Waltamobile’s beautiful red car, but yesterday I had a beautiful blue one delivered, so at your request, here’s a bonus. :)

318E58FA-9A18-4138-8176-82540699E062.jpeg

Scheduled to take delivery of mine this Wednesday! really excited, still have to finalize the financing piece but should be good to go!

Following delivery -

Ceramic coating has been on my mind - with all the cars I've owned, I've surprisingly not done this before but really thinking about pulling the trigger for this car.

Not a huge fan of the turbine wheels - looking to replace with a 19" or 20" flow forged, really liking the HRE FF11, only downside is that apparently only comes in 20"
I had never done it before either, and decided to do it myself using GTechniq Crystal Serum Light. I did it the day after delivery, and it was surprisingly easy. Topped it with their Exo topper. Glad I did it myself versus paying way more for someone else to do it. Definitely a good option if you’re not ultra obsessed and want to fully paint correct.

Reactions: gorilla83
I still can't get over how the blue looks with the Uber's and red calipers, so clean! Congrats 🎉
Thanks! The Uber’s are growing on me, but they won’t be around long (well, they’ll be stacked & covered & available as spares).

These are going on, along with some PPF, ceramic coating, tint, and some low…
66C9AF13-121F-43EC-99C1-EDE78A08FEAD.jpeg

Thanks! The Uber’s are growing on me, but they won’t be around long (well, they’ll be stacked & covered & available as spares).

These are going on, along with some PPF, ceramic coating, tint, and some low…View attachment 675972
Where are you getting your tints done? A local shop quoted me $351 for 5 windows (no front windshield) but I'm not sure what the average price of tinting for a model 3 is

Where are you getting your tints done? A local shop quoted me $351 for 5 windows (no front windshield) but I'm not sure what the average price of tinting for a model 3 is
I’m getting the PPF/Ceramic coating/tint all done together at Concours Auto Spa in Marina Del Rey (they have a shop in Torrance too). Their normal price for all side windows, windshield, and one-piece rear is $750, but you get a $300 discount for the package deal if you combine it with other work like I am.

Reactions: 92Pluto
Checking in to assure everyone here waiting on delivery that we did indeed choose the best car. This thing is absolutely glued to the road! Took it out last night to test it's limits. spoiler alert: I didn't find any! Accelerating out of corners is insane. however much you give it, the car just sticks itself to the road and slaps you with the G forces!

That blue is amazing! 😎

Congrats on your delivery.

Now comes a wave of buying even more accessories. 😇
Thanks! I already have a pile of stuff to install/have installed. :) Tires, TPMs, Ti lugs, interior lighting, brake rotors, new wireless charge pad, 14-30 adapter & extension for charging at my dad’s place all in my garage already (with level 2 charging already installed)…wheels, lower control arm bushings, and front compression rod inserts en route…coilovers, sway bars, rear camber arms, and a new front fascia (assuming I’ll have clearance) are sitting at UP waiting for install. Plus the paint protection & tint, dropping off tomorrow AM.

At this point, I‘m not sure what else to buy lol. I‘ve already ordered a second set of Ti lug nuts (burnt blue ends), so I got on the second go-around before I even got the car. I mentioned before that I suck at waiting…retail therapy helps a little.

Reactions: Waltamobile

These are going on, along with some PPF, ceramic coating, tint, and some low…View attachment 675972

Beautiful, what are specs? Offsets? Tires?

I'm tempted if I go aftermarket, to pull my tires to make the wheels easier to store (probably in the attic, we have a completed, AC'ed area), reuse my OEM sensors, and then sell the Pirellis (and just deal with getting tires in 3 years).

Beautiful, what are specs? Offsets? Tires?

I'm tempted if I go aftermarket, to pull my tires to make the wheels easier to store (probably in the attic, we have a completed, AC'ed area), reuse my OEM sensors, and then sell the Pirellis (and just deal with getting tires in 3 years).
They’re 20x9.5 with staggered offsets, 35/28 F/R. I wanted to be flush front & back with a square tire setup without using spacers (one of the benefits of custom-ordered wheels). I bought a set of rotors with thicker hats than stock (M3P with red calipers has thinner rotor hats than SR/SR+/LR with gray calipers), might be a bit extra aggro but will help 255/35/20 clear the FUCAs on ET35. If it pokes even after a drop, I’ll try with stock rotors; if it rubs the FUCA with stock rotors, I’ll go 265/30 or try 275/30. I really want to make 255/35 work though, the taller tire gives more sidewall (better ride and wheel protection) and a tiny bit more ride height (better ride with less lowering/more suspension travel and less dragging). Plus 255 will be a big enough range hit from the stock 235’s.

I have a set of 255/35/20 PS4S waiting to go on and a set of TPMS - one of the downsides to custom wheels is you have to wait to have a replacement (or replacements) made if you damage them, so I like to keep a full set of tires/wheels ready in case something happens, at least for a couple years. I can unmount & sell the tires later before they start getting old, then (like you) it’s just a set of tires to buy if I need to run the stock wheels for a while.

• Helpful
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
What kW supercharging speed is everyone getting??
So
Is 35kW on a load of empty superchargers the right level?
What’s everyone getting?

View attachment 676152
This looks normal considering your relatively high state of charge.
If your battery was only at say 20%, the kW rate would be much higher.