Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the number/offer was in writing and hasn't expired, you might have an argument. If not, get a better offer elsewhere (Carmax, Vroom, Carvana) or do a private sell. Used Teslas are probably selling faster than new ones.
My trade in is a 2020 BMW M2 Competition. Was trying to stop chugging gas with this purchase lol. I may have decent luck in the private market as the car is pretty rare as is my spec, but who knows. The whole process is going to be greatly delayed if I still end up getting a Tesla though :(

Reactions: itsel3ctric
Bad news, I just cancelled my order. Tesla pulled a bait and switch on me. They offered me X for a trade in value a few weeks ago and then a week before my delivery date come back with X -$20k trade in offer. Has anyone else had to deal with this? I’m pretty pissed and turned off from the brand right now…
Same thing happened here (but not 20k less haha) I ended up going elsewhere to sell (or am about to, just got an offer from a dealership!) It really annoyed/frustrated me too and I was wondering about cancelling.

I have a set of 255/35/20 PS4S waiting to go on and a set of TPMS - one of the downsides to custom wheels is you have to wait to have a replacement (or replacements) made if you damage them, so I like to keep a full set of tires/wheels ready in case something happens, at least for a couple years. I can unmount & sell the tires later before they start getting old, then (like you) it’s just a set of tires to buy if I need to run the stock wheels for a while.

So with a 255/35-20 being 27" tall, which is ~2% deviation from OEM, I'm reading about possible stability control issues[?]

255/35 = ~27.0"
235/35 = ~26.5"

~2%

Are you going to set your wheel/tire config for the "Performance" option

If the car calibrates based on the selected wheel/tire, which I assume, then that would be (based on that package having a 245/35):

255/35 = ~27.0"
245/35 = ~26.75"

~1%

... or do people just bolt on wheels and say to hell with it, I'm sure it'll work :D (I've certainly done that a few times, but I'm new to Tesla)

What kW supercharging speed is everyone getting??
So
Is 35kW on a load of empty superchargers the right level?
What’s everyone getting?

I haven't hit one yet! Did get my 1000 free "miles", so I'm sure I'll make use of it soon (I noted they expire in Dec, I guess 6 months), we have a trip planned towards to the end of July, I might Supercharge up front - then I know the hotel has chargers, or the airport, anyway, will charge a little more as we wind our way home. That's going to be our first major trip - I mean, it's not a huge distance, but we're doing St. Aug >> MCO >> Universal/Portofino (few days) >> Home. I've done a few plots on ABRP, heck, I guess I can do it in the actual car now, hahaha :D

So with a 255/35-20 being 27" tall, which is ~2% deviation from OEM, I'm reading about possible stability control issues[?]

255/35 = ~27.0"
235/35 = ~26.5"

~2%

Are you going to set your wheel/tire config for the "Performance" option

If the car calibrates based on the selected wheel/tire, which I assume, then that would be (based on that package having a 245/35):

255/35 = ~27.0"
245/35 = ~26.75"

~1%

... or do people just bolt on wheels and say to hell with it, I'm sure it'll work :D (I've certainly done that a few times, but I'm new to Tesla)
This is my first Tesla so I’m just taking my best guess; I plan to roll with option 2, selecting the Track Package wheel option so I’ll be around 1% off. I expect it will be fine with the electronics.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
After a week+ of seeing the estimated delivery date get bumped up by a day each morning (remaining a steady 3 or 4 days away), once I got my VIN on Saturday, the date has remained at June 23 - June 30.
I already got the email that asked me to accept the Tesla Vision changes to the car (no radar), but so far no text or email asking me to schedule a delivery window.

I am hoping the delivery happens today, or at the very least, tomorrow. A blue Model 3 Performance with white interior, the same config I requested, was just moved into the delivery area at my local service center yesterday afternoon. I am hoping this is my car, but considering they haven't asked me to go pick it up, it's likely someone else's identical config.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 87
After a week+ of seeing the estimated delivery date get bumped up by a day each morning (remaining a steady 3 or 4 days away), once I got my VIN on Saturday, the date has remained at June 23 - June 30.
I already got the email that asked me to accept the Tesla Vision changes to the car (no radar), but so far no text or email asking me to schedule a delivery window.

I am hoping the delivery happens today, or at the very least, tomorrow. A blue Model 3 Performance with white interior, the same config I requested, was just moved into the delivery area at my local service center yesterday afternoon. I am hoping this is my car, but considering they haven't asked me to go pick it up, it's likely someone else's identical config.
Could have checked the VIN and been sure, it’s on the dash next to the A pillar on the driver’s side.

Bad news, I just cancelled my order. Tesla pulled a bait and switch on me. They offered me X for a trade in value a few weeks ago and then a week before my delivery date come back with X -$20k trade in offer. Has anyone else had to deal with this? I’m pretty pissed and turned off from the brand right now…
Carmax offered me $16.6k for my previous 2019 vw jetta with 27k miles on it, it's worth it to get quotes from multiple places.

also does anyone know if I would need spacers to make the stock wheels and tires sit flush on eibach lowering springs?

Last edited:
View attachment 673828

Got this beauty today :) . No panel gaps or other exterior issues but have one major issue with the horn. When pressing the right side area of the horn on the wheel, the horn does not work. Only when pressing the far left side of the wheel the horn makes a sound... :(
So after I opened a service case through the Tesla app, a Tesla service guy came over to my house today and quickly fixed the horn issue. Very convinient and quick service.

Last edited:

Boy that blue with the white interior is nice but too much upkeep inside and out for me.