Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joining the wait in California! Finally got to test drive a P3 and it was soooo damn fasttttt. Had to put in an order lolol. Can't wait to be stuck in rush hour traffic in a car that can go this fast.
It’s probably been said before, but my analogy of an M3P test drive is like a drug dealer of a super exotic, super addictive, super drug, has floated you a sample, on the house, and that first hit has you instantly hooked. Now that you’ve instantly been addicted, the only remedy is to chase that sensation, but only after a long wait and painful withdrawal symptoms (during the waiting process for a vin), until you’re rewarded again on delivery day with the drug you fell in love with on the first hit.
Settle in, the painful withdrawal symptoms are about to begin. 💉🏎 😎👍🏽

It’s probably been said before, but my analogy of an M3P test drive is like a drug dealer of a super exotic, super addictive, super drug, has floated you a sample, on the house, and that first hit has you instantly hooked. Now that you’ve instantly been addicted, the only remedy is to chase that sensation, but only after a long wait and painful withdrawal symptoms (during the waiting process for a vin), until you’re rewarded again on delivery day with the drug you fell in love with on the first hit.
I only drove the LR and still couldn’t resist knowing the P was a thing and in reach. Ordered LR. Cancelled LR. Ordered P. 7/9-29 latest EDD.

Reactions: Wood1030
Nice! Looks like i'm in the batch that is about a week after yours. 7/16 to 8/6. Ordered on 6/26

Yeah my order date and EDD batch is the same as yours. Not sure how the Tesla paint-shop works at the factory for the different colors, but my order is red. Back in the day red was a tough color for certain automakers to paint, and they'd often do them in separate batches from white/light colors.

your EDD makes me think maybe I should switch to Performance. mine is currently at 7-11 weeks for LR and I ordered 5/29.
Change it to Performance...it's totally worth it. Just think of it this way...you'll never regret getting a performance but you may regret getting a LR. It's totally worth $5k (after you sell the uberturbines for $3k). Long term resale as well...you'll get that money back.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Hey Guys! I’m about to take delivery in the next 2 hrs at my house. Kind of an urgent question: At what point should I reject the car if I find things that are out of order? I realize everyone is different, but in your opinion, at what point is it “too much”? Or is there a particular thing that if it isn’t up to par should be an immediate disqualification.
Thanks so much and deliveries to all of you very soon!

Yeah, the P3 is basically a Corvette Stingray except you don't need to be a middle aged dude to own one. I don't think there's anything out there remotely close in terms of daily driver pragmatism, tech, performance, and just outright fun. Trying to merge into highway traffic is soooo depressing without the P3's throttle hah.

Reactions: Wood1030
Hey Guys! I’m about to take delivery in the next 2 hrs at my house. Kind of an urgent question: At what point should I reject the car if I find things that are out of order? I realize everyone is different, but in your opinion, at what point is it “too much”? Or is there a particular thing that if it isn’t up to par should be an immediate disqualification.
Thanks so much and deliveries to all of you very soon!
I haven't taken delivery so I can't be much help but out of curiosity when was your order date?