Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly was banking on it being end of Aug towards the end of quarter. SAs and other peoples' experiences all pointed to end of quarter. My mid-July EDD is nice but it introduces a new set of variables - I'm out of town for the latter half of the delivery window and now have to line up cash or financing earlier than expected. L2 charging quotes, etc. I know 1st world problems.

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would throw my info out here to help out with tracking info.

I ordered my Red Model 3P on 6/24 with an expected delivery date of 7/7 - 7/27.

I'm located in the SF Bay Area.

Good luck to everyone waiting to get their Model 3. I hope the time passes fast!
Just an update on this for mine, I've seen it bounce a few times to the default 7-11 weeks, but the last few days it has been sitting at or around 7/13 - 8/1 give or take a day or two on the left.

So I called Tesla Customer Service to confirm if my 7/19-7/25th dates are accurate because it was 7-11 weeks just a day ago. He confirmed it was, and now that I have a VIN it is for sure coming on 7/22nd. Problems is, I'm out of town starting the 23rd until August 3rd...he said that they need a day to prep the vehicle and most likely, will not be able to hold it for me until I return. He made a note to ask my local SA to see if they can do it but I'm not holding my breath...sadly, I think it's back to the queue for me.

If anyone has an MSM Performance, black interior w/o FSD on order, my loss is your gain.

I ordered mine in March, it was ready for delivery at the end of June. When I got the news I was in vacation in Montana, they would not hold the car for en extra 48 hours that was necessary to come home and get it, than nobody called or emailed...now I am on for "maybe October".

Reactions: JohnnyMa
So I called Tesla Customer Service to confirm if my 7/19-7/25th dates are accurate because it was 7-11 weeks just a day ago. He confirmed it was, and now that I have a VIN it is for sure coming on 7/22nd. Problems is, I'm out of town starting the 23rd until August 3rd...he said that they need a day to prep the vehicle and most likely, will not be able to hold it for me until I return. He made a note to ask my local SA to see if they can do it but I'm not holding my breath...sadly, I think it's back to the queue for me.

If anyone has an MSM Performance, black interior w/o FSD on order, my loss is your gain.
Man....I would really try and talk your way into picking it up on the 22nd if possible. Maybe you can just sign off on everything and then bring it back after you get back or something? Good luck.

Reactions: JohnnyMa
I ordered mine in March, it was ready for delivery at the end of June. When I got the news I was in vacation in Montana, they would not hold the car for en extra 48 hours that was necessary to come home and get it, than nobody called or emailed...now I am on for "maybe October".
Sorry to hear. Hate that they are so lean (not gonna say streamlined as that implies a positive quality) that they cannot hold on to even corner case inventory.
Man....I would really try and talk your way into picking it up on the 22nd if possible. Maybe you can just sign off on everything and then bring it back after you get back or something? Good luck.
I'm waiting to hear back from my SA. My brother who ordered a M3P at the same time and got the same notices as me already got a text from his SA and he hasn't even accepted the radar-less acknowledgement.

Sorry to hear. Hate that they are so lean (not gonna say streamlined as that implies a positive quality) that they cannot hold on to even corner case inventory.

I'm waiting to hear back from my SA. My brother who ordered a M3P at the same time and got the same notices as me already got a text from his SA and he hasn't even accepted the radar-less acknowledgement.

I feel like your brother could just take your DL in the showroom and say his name is Johnny...

I’d change my order to MSM if it meant I got it this month 🤣, hope they can help you; it seems kinda BS that they can’t expedite the prep for sale to let you get it before to vacation

I feel like your brother could just take your DL in the showroom and say his name is Johnny...
Ha that may work, if he wasn't on the East Coast while I'm in TX unfortunately. He'll be picking up his black 3P on the 20th.
I’d change my order to MSM if it meant I got it this month 🤣, hope they can help you; it seems kinda BS that they can’t expedite the prep for sale to let you get it before to vacation
If I don't hear back via email or text I'll stop in there later in the week. Doesn't bode well for communication expectations currently.