Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To anyone that feels like providing input - I need some help!

So here’s the situation, currently have M3P Black/Black on order, EDD 8/28-9/27.

The very first car I bought myself was a White VW Jetta GLI. Absolutely loved it and threw some black after-market wheels on it pretty quickly.

I just sold my 2018 VW Passat GT, this time Black, and had the factory 19’s dipped for the all black look. I also very much liked this car.

I’m now questioning if I want to change my config to White/Black instead of the Black/Black. I’m in Houston, TX so it gets HOT out here. Although in reality I’m rarely every parked outside without cover for over an hour.

I will immediately be getting window tint and PPF/Ceramic coating once I receive whatever color I go with on the M3P.

Any thoughts or opinions on this? I know ultimately it comes down to preference…do I really run the chance of delaying delivery that badly?
Honestly go for what you really want. To me at least it would be worth waiting a bit longer to get the car I really want vs settling. Really isn't a bad color that Tesla offers if you ask me but you really want to get the color you want because you will probably have the car for a while.

Honestly go for what you really want. To me at least it would be worth waiting a bit longer to get the car I really want vs settling. Really isn't a bad color that Tesla offers if you ask me but you really want to get the color you want because you will probably have the car for a while.
Definitely going to stick with Black! Pulled up a couple good 4K YouTube videos showcasing each color and happy with the original decision and keeping black.

Also, EDD end date moved up! Now 8/28-9/17.

To anyone that feels like providing input - I need some help!

So here’s the situation, currently have M3P Black/Black on order, EDD 8/28-9/27.

The very first car I bought myself was a White VW Jetta GLI. Absolutely loved it and threw some black after-market wheels on it pretty quickly.

I just sold my 2018 VW Passat GT, this time Black, and had the factory 19’s dipped for the all black look. I also very much liked this car.

I’m now questioning if I want to change my config to White/Black instead of the Black/Black. I’m in Houston, TX so it gets HOT out here. Although in reality I’m rarely every parked outside without cover for over an hour.

I will immediately be getting window tint and PPF/Ceramic coating once I receive whatever color I go with on the M3P.

Any thoughts or opinions on this? I know ultimately it comes down to preference…do I really run the chance of delaying delivery that badly?
As everyone stated as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters. I choose white and this will actually be my first white car I've ever owned. I originally had selected black/white but after looking at countless pictures online I just couldn't pass up how good the white/white looked especially with the chrome delete. For me the only two options I considered was white or black and I think I would have loved either but decided I liked the white a little more and as a bonus I saved 1k.

Last edited:
As everyone stated as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters. I choose white and this will actually be my first white car I've ever owned. I originally had selected black/white but after looking at countless pictures online I just couldn't pass up how go the white/white looked especially with the chrome delete. For me the only two options I considered was white or black and I think I would have loved either but decided I liked the white a little more and as a bonus I saved 1k.
Great choice! If I did end up going to white, I would have definitely went with white interior as well!

Seems like post VIN your dates move more than without one.
8/14 - 8/20
8/12 - 8/18
8/13 - 8/19
All within like 12 hours. This is worse than waiting for presents on Christmas as a kid. lol
Agree, a roller coaster for sure. Mine has been on order since June 30th. I've had windows already come and pass several times. They change daily. Some days they shift by one day and then big swings. This morning the estimated time is 8/17 - 9-4 with no Vin#. Trying to get the mindset they will deliver before the end of the quarter to hit numbers. :)

Agree, a roller coaster for sure. Mine has been on order since June 30th. I've had windows already come and pass several times. They change daily. Some days they shift by one day and then big swings. This morning the estimated time is 8/17 - 9-4 with no Vin#. Trying to get the mindset they will deliver before the end of the quarter to hit numbers. :)
See that you stated Post Vin # but it's been a ride for me pre-Vin# too. The only message I've received from Tesla is asking if I've prepared/interested in installing a home charger. That was three weeks after I had already ordered and installed.

Honestly that's the only thing we know for sure. They will deliver all these cars before the end of the quarter. I honestly have stopped paying attention to the EDD. I have seen to many times on this forum where it wasn't accurate. I called the SC in Savannah where my vehicle is being delivered to and they advised me I would get my vehicle around 17 Aug. Two days ago my EDD flipped from 07-27 Aug to 6-9 weeks and now its August 18 - September 05. I am sure it will change again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Honestly that's the only thing we know for sure. They will deliver all these cars before the end of the quarter. I honestly have stopped paying attention to the EDD. I have seen to many times on this forum where it wasn't accurate. I called the SC in Savannah where my vehicle is being delivered to and they advised me I would get my vehicle around 17 Aug. Two days ago my EDD flipped from 07-27 Aug to 6-9 weeks and now its August 18 - September 05. I am sure it will change again tomorrow.
The changes you are showing the EDD seem to mirror the exact same changes I am seeing for the past few days. Mine is a M3P White/White as well. Must be scheduled in the same exact production run.

Mine got delivered yesterday, good luck everyone for a speedy delivery.
0D890986-5649-44F2-A09C-D1B7B20F7228.jpeg
ED789B1C-8A66-4599-AC0F-F088ADE9629C.jpeg
9AE82CAB-90FD-4790-B9A8-5D5753133850.jpeg