Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to pick up my Telsa on August 2nd and denied the delivery. I knew to thoroughly expect every inch of that car before accepting. There was an odd finger length dent on the bottom of the car near the tire. Definitely factory made, because it was painted over. It was very noticeable, since the car is so shiny. Also, the charging port door was not flesh to the car. It looked like it was open when it was closed.

Yeah, that was totally unacceptable.

Questions: does anyone know how long it will take to correct these issues? Telsa told me a couple days (which I know is false) They have to replace that whole area that has the dent.

My other concern; I don't want to start paying for a car that's not even in my possession. I know Telsa gives over a month before any payment has to be made, but still. What if it takes another month to get the car.

So annoying, but I definitely was not about to accept a less than perfect expensive Tesla.
Hello,
I am waiting from Long Island as well. Was yours a white on white? If you don't mind, what was your order date and delivery date? Just trying to get an idea of the time frame. Hope they don't try and send me that one! Hope they can turn a new one around quickly for you.

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself, I order my M3P white on white w/o FSD on 7/11. Patiently waiting for a VIN and a solid EDD, as of the last week it just keeps going back and forth.
The VIN won't show up until agreements are signed. As for the EDD, we all feel that. The fluctuation is like the worst psychological game ever. It's amazing how no matter who you call, or speak with, no one actually knows anything. It just arrives when it does. EDD means absolutely nothing.

Reactions: bpeed
You are not alone. On order since 6/30 with no VIN#. I've had the EDD get within a 5 day window/two weeks out at one point. Then simply pushed out to August with a 3 week window. Landed today with EDD at 8/17-9/5. Seems to be doing the normal push out of 1 day/per day now (like I've seen in the past). I think we just need to consider the EDD as complete trash.

FYI... White/White. It seems some others have white/white and appear we are mostly seeing the same EDD jumping around and never receiving the Vin#. Hopefully they will release them all at once next week.
Thanks for the heads up on the color combo. At this point it will just be a waiting game, the only thing is I need the car at this point as we are slowly returning back to work and I sold my previous vehicle at the start of COVID. 😑

Reactions: bpeed
I want to pick mine up on the 16th too! The Service Center on Democracy?

Pro tip, you can sneak around and find your car when it comes off the truck before prep and delivery. I wore a ninja suit to avoid detection,

Tim

269805C7-D2AB-4653-BCB1-F65F10926026.jpeg

Hello,
I am waiting from Long Island as well. Was yours a white on white? If you don't mind, what was your order date and delivery date? Just trying to get an idea of the time frame. Hope they don't try and send me that one! Hope they can turn a new one around quickly for you.
No lol I have a Blue ext Black int. They aren't going to give it to anyone, they're actually going to replace the dented area and give me back the car.

I ordered June 22nd, got a VIN on July 18th and by July 23rd I had a delivery date scheduled.

It was a pretty quick turn around time for the car. I just hope the repair doesn't take forever.