Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla called me around 4pm today regarding my delivery date. My pickup is scheduled for 11am on Wednesday, but they wanted to let me know that if I was available that I could pick it up tomorrow.

Due to my work schedule I am unable to do so (and the fact that I have to drive almost 3 hours to get it), but that was nice of them to offer.

PSA: So if your salesperson was virtually non-existent as was mine, you may not realize that your delivery "appointment" is actually a 2-hour window. After they were 1/2 an hour late, I called Tesla and the person on the phone confirmed that I was still on the list for today.

Got an email today to schedule delivery. Went ahead and scheduled it for 9/24.

Time Line (MD, USA):
Reserve: 9/8 - Model: White exterior, black interior Performance - no FSD
Estimated Delivery: September 22 - September 30 Location: MD, USA
VIN Assigned: 9/13
Email to Schedule Delivery: 9/18
Scheduled Delivery Date: 9/24

Small correction. The original scheduled delivery date was 9/28 (not 9/24.)
Received a text message today that the estimated date of arrival is 9/25. My pickup date was moved forward to 9/26.

August 1 Initial Order:

August 3rd: Estimated Delivery: 8/19 - 9/18
August 20th - Estimated Delivery: 8/24-9/13
August 25th - Estimated Delivery: 9/2 - 9/22
September 3rd - Estimated Delivery: 9/6 - 9/22
September 4th - Estimated Delivery: 9/7-9/19
September 8th - Estimated Delivery: 9/11-9/27
September 12th - Estimated Delivery: 9/15- 9/30
September 13th - Estimated Delivery: 9/19 - 9/30
September 17th -Estimated Delivery: 9/20 - 9/30
September 21nd -Estimated Delivery: 9/24 - 9/30

I bet on the 25th it will change to 9/28-9/30. EDD is pretty much useless.

Where in SoCal? I'm mission viejo (Irvine area) and ordered 2 days after you and seems like my car should be built today or tomorrow from what I am getting
LA. Pick up in Burbank SC. How do you know when your car will be built? The Tesla Rep I called this morning was in OC btw - the call to Burbank SC got routed to her. The rep is aware of these forums, and laughed about what others are saying about knowing when a specific vehicle is being built for a specific person saying it was not true. Not sure what to believe.

LA. Pick up in Burbank SC. How do you know when your car will be built? The Tesla Rep I called this morning was in OC btw - the call to Burbank SC got routed to her. The rep is aware of these forums, and laughed about what others are saying about knowing when a specific vehicle is being built for a specific person saying it was not true. Not sure what to believe.
It's assumptions based on what the lady at my delivery center (in OC) said and what someone else was told by theirs. Both me and the other person called our centers and were told their system shows dates that don't line up with what our accounts show online. For me my EDD was 9/24-9/30 and they showed 9/21-9/22 on their side. For him it was something similar. The only thing we could come up with would be the dates they see is the possible VIN assignment date. Vins are assigned as they are built (meaning VIN assignment would correspond to build date). The fact that my EDD changed to 9/23-9/30 today would reinforce the fact my car is being built today or tomorrow as if it was built in fremont today or tomorrow, loaded on a truck and sent down here, it would take about 6 or 7 hours and they would look it over and I could pick it up. Could all be total coincidence, but the dates I've been told and shows would back up the car being built in the 9/21-9/22 timeframe