Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P white with black interior to west coast of Canada.
10/14 Ordered with EDD: 10/26-11/23
10/25 new EDD: 10/28-11/09
10/28 new EDD 10/31-11/23
10/28 new EDD 10/31-11/04 (ok’d vision agreement)
10/29 - received email that I can schedule pickup for Nov 6. Able to see my VIN in the source code. Still a 2021 model year, so I’m going to wait a bit longer for a 22.
11/03 - clicked “I’m ready” now that 2022s are being made
11/05 - EDD 11/08 - 11/22
11/08 - EDD 11/12 - 12/08
11/09 - EDD 11/11 - 11/17 and VIN now in source code (2022)
11/09 - got a call from Tesla. Booked pickup for 11/18

Delivery scheduled for 11/20. Interestingly, when I ordered, they said I would have to pick it up. Now planned for home delivery.

A couple of questions:

When they do home delivery, do they try to rush you through the inspection or can you take your time?

For states requiring front license plates (I'm in Texas) do they attach a front plate mount or leave it to the buyer to attach? I want it left off.

Thanks.

Looks like my vehicle is getting delivered to the dealership this Sunday! its been a wait! at least for me. I know others have waited longer.

EDD Is Nov 15 car should be getting to the dealership on a Sunday 11/14 since I called and they were able to locate the truck and is well on its way hopefully no delays.

2022 M3P WHIte on black!!!!

Reactions: .Slug and gutom
M3P White/White ordered on 10/16, finally got VIN today!!

Bad news is they are telling me, I have to pay double-sales tax, as car will be registered in CA but buying it in Arizona.

Anyone know if this is true? Originally I thought the sales tax would just go to CA.
That makes no sense. I’ve bought cars out of state. You always pay taxes based on where it’s registered, not where it’s sold.

Reactions: .Slug
My order is for a Red on black and I'm strongly considering switching to red with white interior. There are a couple on the east coast in inventory that I could ship out here to Colorado. My concern is that these are "reject" cars that might have paint or body gap issues that someone passed on during vehicle delivery. Can anyone chime in to ease my mind or confirm my suspicions?

My order is for a Red on black and I'm strongly considering switching to red with white interior. There are a couple on the east coast in inventory that I could ship out here to Colorado. My concern is that these are "reject" cars that might have paint or body gap issues that someone passed on during vehicle delivery. Can anyone chime in to ease my mind or confirm my suspicions?
Someone else on this forum told me this is often the case. I've had two opportunities to take a cancelation but passed for other reasons. One, given the car was not the color I wanted and would have to pay 2K more. Two, you have to pay an additional $500 transfer fee if the available car is in a different location far from you. I thought this was dumb because I'm already paying $1200 for delivery etc. I'd be concerned I'd be stuck for the $500 and then the car fails my physical inspection when it arrives. My Sales guy also said this is a risk, so I said, "no thanks, i'll wait my two weeks for my official delivery window."

That makes no sense. I’ve bought cars out of state. You always pay taxes based on where it’s registered, not where it’s sold.
Yep. I’ve bought tons of cars out of state. Generally the dealer will not charge the tax and then when you go to register/title the car at your home DMV they will charge you the sales tax. In some instances the dealer will handle things if you are buying from one right on the border since they have so many customers from the neighboring state.

Reactions: xPETEx
I finally got my VIN. Ordered way back on 9/20, EDD was all over the place but now shows 11/21 - 11/24. Not sure why mine took so much longer than a lot of others here, M3P msm / black in Denver, CO. Typically how long before delivery does it take for them to reach out to schedule the pickup? Hopefully mine stays on track, this has been quite the wait.

I finally got my VIN. Ordered way back on 9/20, EDD was all over the place but now shows 11/21 - 11/24. Not sure why mine took so much longer than a lot of others here, M3P msm / black in Denver, CO. Typically how long before delivery does it take for them to reach out to schedule the pickup? Hopefully mine stays on track, this has been quite the wait.
In my experience, you can contact the service center you are taking delivery at and schedule a date and time. Others can chime in if this is incorrect.

I am taking delivery at the Littleton Service Center, ordered 11/3, EDD still showing Nov 18th-Dec 15th, no VIN yet. Red/Black Performance. By seeing you received a VIN today, I am hoping mine is not too far behind! How were you notified of your VIN? Did you just login to your account and see it today?

In my experience, you can contact the service center you are taking delivery at and schedule a date and time. Others can chime in if this is incorrect.

I am taking delivery at the Littleton Service Center, ordered 11/3, EDD still showing Nov 18th-Dec 15th, no VIN yet. Red/Black Performance. By seeing you received a VIN today, I am hoping mine is not too far behind! How were you notified of your VIN? Did you just login to your account and see it today?
Yes I just saw it on the order page, I refresh that way too many times a day :) It said that I had to accept something so I clicked through and accepted the vision agreement then I saw the VIN right under the order number. Shortly after my EDD window shrunk from 10 days to 4. If I don't hear anything in the next couple days I will try to call the service center in Broomfield where I have it scheduled to be delivered to and see what they can do for me.

Reactions: KGinCO
I got a message to schedule the delivery the day after I got my VIN. I was actually able to call and get an even earlier date than the online system was offering.

Reactions: KGinCO
I got a good offer from Vroom to sell my 2020 LR Model 3 with AB, but after seeing horrible experiences I got scared and didn’t sign the Power of Attorney Transfer of Ownership document, going to try my luck with Carvana. You guys think I made the right move avoiding VROOM? Any suggestions that are not private party that might give good money?