Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up again - just got a call from the tesla SA in Spokane - looks like due to trucking problems we have to reschedule my pickup to Thursday from Tuesday. He said the car is finished and sitting in logistics waiting for a driver :(

Not sure if you got a VIN yet but if you did you might want to be prepared for a similar call since I think this will push back all the Spokane deliveries this coming week.
This happened to me yesterday as well. Today was supposed to be pick up day but got a call early Saturday morning to let me know that my delivery will be delayed due to trucking problems and being unable to deliver it on time. They rescheduled to Tuesday. I’m located in Sacramento, CA.

I ordered a M3P on 16/Oct, and received Vin: LRW3F7EC0MC415148, delivery date is on 14/Dec.
I read news Model 3 will equipped by AMD processor, is it worth to wait? I want to cancel the delivery.
My car's build date is 01/Nov, why it is a 2021 Model, I watched on Youtube who had their Model 3 p recently, their car is 2022 model. that is not fair

I ordered a M3P on 16/Oct, and received Vin: LRW3F7EC0MC415148, delivery date is on 14/Dec.
I read news Model 3 will equipped by AMD processor, is it worth to wait? I want to cancel the delivery.
My car's build date is 01/Nov, why it is a 2021 Model, I watched on Youtube who had their Model 3 p recently, their car is 2022 model. that is not fair

There's always a newer model coming. What makes a 2022 any different? Don't make purchasing decisions based on rumors.

TIm

Reactions: Carolina Karl
First, where are you located? Model years work differently in different places. Either way - 2021 or 2022, the car is the same.

Second, yes, the AMD MCU will likely make it to the Model 3 - eventually. Right now, it's just rumors. There's ONE example going around the internet of the AMD MCU in a Model Y out of China - none that I've seen in a Model 3 yet. So, it could be a couple of months, or it could be a year or more before the MCU is updated in the Model 3, and even then, there's a good possibility that Tesla will offer a retrofit.

Just think of the fun you could be having in your M3P while you're waiting that completely unknown amount of time!

I'm a 10/7 order and have had 4 EDD changes...no VIN yet. Current EDD 12/18 - 12/31. I ordered red multi-coat with black interior, no self driving, I'm in Ohio. I'm not sure what is going on with my order. I've never placed a hold. Seems like people who have ordered a month after me are getting VINs in a week or so and taking delivery. At first I didn't mind as I was hopeful that the sedan/other price cap of $55k would be increased. It has not moved in any iteration of the tax credit and likely will not. So might as well get the car and start having fun. For now, playing the waiting game.

Still no VIN yet here either. Order date was 11/15, and my EDD actually starts today which is weird. 12/06-12/20. I texted my SA but no reply yet. Super excited for this car, but I keep hearing the Jeopardy tune in the back of my head with this waiting! LOL

I would be more concerned with the tax rebate implications, then infotainment processor.
Note - we are talking about infotainment crap here, not anything materially significant for vehicle performance !@

"Fair" is for horses.
Every few months or so, Tesla makes changes to their cars. The longer you wait, the more bells and whistles you might get. On the flip side, the longer you are not driving the car that you want (if you do, in fact, want it), and the price will likely go up as well.
At some point you just have to pull the trigger and accept the fact that something newer and better will be coming along.

Also note that Tesla has been known to be vengeful with some folks who cancel their car orders or refuse delivery for cars with legitimate faults. Beware.

a

Last edited:
Really, vengeful for people whose vehicles have LEGITIMATE faults? So if my front seat had an obvious rip in it then Tesla would be vengeful if I didn't accept delivery? Wow!

Yep, sadly true.
They have delivery quotas to hit, and if your car has torn interior or bumper / sheet-metal damage, you will be asked to deal with it post-delivery on your own time.
BTDT.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasTezla
It kind of blows my mind that a lot of you guys have ordered before I did, but yet I'm taking delivery in a few days. I'm wondering what causes some of us to take delivery sooner than others. My order is M3P white on black no FSD and I'm in FL.

I have heard Tesla runs off "batches" of cars at a time. This can be batched by geographical location i.e.; west coast vs east coast, by exterior color, or some other metric that Tesla decides. This may or may not be true. If you check Tesla inventory sites you can see the few cars that are available as actual inventory right now are mostly out west or down south. I'm guessing they aren't shipping much to the east coast at the moment. All speculation.

To me (a corporate financial analyst) it would make sense for Tesla to deliver as many cars as they can to the east coast about a month before the end of every quarter. It obviously takes longer to transport the cars across the country from California. That way, when it gets really close to the end of quarter, like 2 weeks or less, they can pump out a ton of cars to California and the surrounding area to meet delivery quotas and not have to worry about transportation times.

FIRST EDD UPDATE

M3P White/black NO FSD in SoCal
OD 11/4
Initial EDD: 12/13-12/31
12/4 EDD: 12/6-12/19
LETS GOOOOOO FINALLY AN UPDATE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
Congrats! Last week you and I discovered that we had the same EDD in Southern California. Now your window has changed, but mine is still 12/13 - 12/31. Maybe mine will update soon (hopefully in the right direction!)

Reactions: HarpoonS
It kind of blows my mind that a lot of you guys have ordered before I did, but yet I'm taking delivery in a few days. I'm wondering what causes some of us to take delivery sooner than others. My order is M3P white on black no FSD and I'm in FL.
There could be a million reasons for it and it's really not surprising. A certain color may just be getting produced at a bigger surplus than another. Tesla may have just been shipping to that part of the country for that time period. If someone in Florida with the same trim and order date as you was getting it way later then it would be more surprising but otherwise just too much things to consider.

My pickup date was delayed again today. Got a car from someone at Tesla telling me that my car is still stuck in transit and they hope it’s delivered by this Thursday. My original pickup date was Sunday 12/03, then changed to 12/05, and now 12/07. Location is Sacramento, CA