Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla at all care where you are in your application for a loan or if you are paying cash?

It seems like they might prioritize people that already got approved from the bank for example. At the same time, maybe they couldn't care less because if something goes wrong they'll easily find someone who can take the car.

Just picked up my 3 performance today in Littleton Colorado. Everything looked and worked great, was in and out in 10 minutes. Tire appointment on Thursday to throw on some Continental DWS tires for the winter, and window tint appointment next Monday!
How much did the tires cost? Also do you do it through Tesla or no?

I'm out in WA and go to the mountains fairly often in the winter. So winter tires would be extremely useful as you can imagine.

Just picked up my 3 performance today in Littleton Colorado. Everything looked and worked great, was in and out in 10 minutes. Tire appointment on Thursday to throw on some Continental DWS tires for the winter, and window tint appointment next Monday!
Have you ever driven on the DWSs in snow? They’re terrible, IMO, and I have no idea why they get such good ratings on Tire Rack.

Hello,

This forum has been amazing. Looking for some opinions/thoughts. First time Tesla buyer here. I placed my order 10/28, M3P White/White. My EDD changed from November, then early December, now mid to end December.

Still no vin, I’m located in San Antonio, Texas. It seems like everyone on this forum are receiving their Vins way before me.

Every time I call Tesla they just basically tell me what the app does. Any thoughts or opinions why mine is taking so long? Is it because maybe Texas isn’t a priority?

Any thoughts or opinions welcomed.

Thanks so much.
My opinion is probably not worth as much since i'm a first time buyer as well and only ordered a week ago. I have spent an unhealthy amount of time looking into delivery times though lol.

From what I gather those dates are just guesses. I asked Tesla as well and they're going to tell most people the same thing: "That's the date we have and it's our best guess."

Worrying about the dates too much just doesn't get you anywhere. You'll get the VIN and then you should have a better idea of when you will get the car (a week give or take after the VIN from what i've been told). I would assume that a lot of people are going to get them by end of year. My delivery currently shows Jan 3 - Jan 31 but i'm not worried about it too much. Three days ago it was Jan 27 - Feb 21 or something like that. Still hope I can get it by EOY because despite what Elon said I refuse to believe Tesla isn't trying to push out cars to close out the year.

At this point you're in the same boat as everyone else: waiting for a VIN. Maybe they're currently not really focused on shipping to TX. Maybe the combo you placed isn't being pumped out as much as other combos. There's really no way to know. Tesla pumps out thousands of these a week no one can really say what they're doing and where the cars are currently going. Trying to figure it out is just going to make your head spin. My mind set now is the VIN will come when it comes and then i'll know when I get my car.

Oh I see, since you are not slated for December anyway I would definitely change it and it likely would not make much difference. I believe your estimate is not far because of orders ahead of you, rather that they are now prioritizing West Coast deliveries for the end of quarter and your location is making the delivery date pushed out. Had you ordered early November its possible you would see a December delivery but being in Tennessee its likely not planned for them to load a truck out that direction. I would change it since it is something you want! Its hard to change after taking delivery and expensive, and selling the car to get it later isnt worth it imo.
I woke up this morning to a Dec 23 - Dec 31 EDD (insert whoa emoji)

Reactions: HarpoonS
Hah we are doing the exact same thing. I just got called from discount tire that my 245/35/20 DWS Plus have arrived, so I'll be installing those straight away. Still haven't set up the appointment for tint though. Was thinking 15% all the way around.

Reactions: KGinCO
Congrats! The red looks stunning in person. Are you keeping the uberturbines for now, or switching to a smaller wheel for the winter? I bent too many 20" wheels on my previous M3P on these Colorado roads...

Huh, I must have posted somewhere else earlier by mistake. My delivery just got pushed into January this morning. Not sure what happened as Tesla thought I'd have a VIN this week. Have a text out to my advisor to see if he has any feedback. Total Scrooge move after the dates sat for so long in mid-Dec. Congrats to everyone getting their cars!

On another topic, for those getting tint, are you worried about stronger tint (< 20%) impacting your ability to see the side mirrors? That was one concern of mine, so I was planning 20%. Also note I have the white interior and it makes an impact.

Hello,

This forum has been amazing. Looking for some opinions/thoughts. First time Tesla buyer here. I placed my order 10/28, M3P White/White. My EDD changed from November, then early December, now mid to end December.

Still no vin, I’m located in San Antonio, Texas. It seems like everyone on this forum are receiving their Vins way before me.

Every time I call Tesla they just basically tell me what the app does. Any thoughts or opinions why mine is taking so long? Is it because maybe Texas isn’t a priority?

Any thoughts or opinions welcomed.

Thanks so much.
I ordered on 10/7 and still have no VIN. Like you, my EED is currently at the end of the year 12/18-12/31. That EDD has been moved 4 times. I believe Tesla is currently prioritizing west coast deliveries based on this forum and following this thread. I am in Ohio. I have barely seen anything delivered anywhere near me. If you check Tesla inventory you will find a handful of cars and they are in Cali or down south in FL.

Order date: 11/30
EDD: 12/13 - 12/30
Spec: MSM / White Interior / No FSD

I have a question I can't really find an exact answer for, might need its own thread. I'm using the money I get from a trade-in as a down payment on a Tesla arranged loan, and I didn't know Tesla wants all the cash before they even put it on the truck. I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait for a VIN, trade in my car, wait for the check to clear, and then wire the money and await delivery. I'm just worried about how long I'll be without a car.

Does that sound right for the Texas delivery process? Kinda curious if that process is different since Tesla has easier access to the bulk of the funds since they arranged the loan.
EDD (updated today): 12/19 - 12/30

With my EDD now Dec. 23 - Dec. 31st, I've put things in motion in preparation for it. I've ordered the wall connector, got (reasonable) quotes for installation, listed my old car for sale (which I've received tons of interest in for a 17 year old car with 165k miles). I'm not going to start with financing until I have a VIN, since I don't want a hard inquiry with the chance the EDD gets pushed. What's the deal with DCU? I see a ton of chatter about it on here, can anyone speak from experience? My local credit unions are in the 2.7% to 2.9% range, but I'm seeing rates in the 1's (?!?!) with DCU.

Ordered in August, delayed the delivery a time or two, clicked on the "I'm Ready" yesterday and paid them today. As usual, Tesla doesn't mess around at the end of a quarter: first EDD 12/20-12/31; VIN assigned a few hours ago (N code 125XXX) with new EDD 12/12-12/18. Picking up in Richmond, VA. Happy for the moved-up date and hope it holds, as I'd like to avoid the last week of the quarter mayhem at that small-ish dealership.

MSM/black