Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't taken delivery yet, so maybe I shouldn't speak on this yet. Everyone on this specific thread is spending ~$60k+ on this car. Why do you feel it is acceptable to be delivered a car that isn't perfect? I've seen people at McDonald's blow a gasket when their $10 food order is wrong. Maybe I don't understand. Any other auto manufacturer I have ever purchased a new car from went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with the car and everything was perfect.

Reactions: Keninblaine
I hear there are still hopefuls on the tax bill coming back to life next year and thinking it could be retroactive back to Jan 1, 2022. If a change was made to increase the sedan cap to match the other vehicle types that could potentially be a $8000 decision to put delivery off another couple weeks. I mean what’s the difference in getting it the last week of the year or the first or second week of the new year.
This is the Model 3 Performance waiting room, and even if the Build Back Better (BBB) legislation was somehow resuscitated next year, the Model 3 Performance was never eligible for the tax credit even under the original BBB bill as the legislation had a purchase price cap of $55,000.

Reactions: The Meal and SumOne
I haven't taken delivery yet, so maybe I shouldn't speak on this yet. Everyone on this specific thread is spending ~$60k+ on this car. Why do you feel it is acceptable to be delivered a car that isn't perfect? I've seen people at McDonald's blow a gasket when their $10 food order is wrong. Maybe I don't understand. Any other auto manufacturer I have ever purchased a new car from went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with the car and everything was perfect.
Seems to me that most issues people have are minor cosmetic details or lack of understanding of the technology.

When I picked up my car I found one tiny spot that could use a buff with an orbital, but I'm not going to go storming back in the store over it, I'll just deal with it myself. Pretty similar situation today I didn't have the app open on my phone so I didn't know why the car was requesting the physical key card. Both of these situations would have caused a phone call/in person visit to Tesla for both of my parents.

Reactions: RD3P
Just got off the phone with my delivery center about holding my Dec 29 delivery until Jan 2 (they are closed Jan 1). This is my second call to them about this topic. After the first call they more or less told me "no" but to call back and see if anything changes. After this second call nothing has changed. What I was told is that every car in Tesla's inventory is being matched for delivery by Dec 31. They said if I chose to wait for delivery until January I will be unmatched and the car will be rematched to someone else within minutes and delivered before the end of the day Dec 31. Unfortunately for me I have had 7 delivery date windows since I initially ordered back on 10/7. I have never put a hold on the order. I expressed my concerns with having to wait so long compared to others and my fears of that happening again. I asked for them to please see it from my point of view with the lengthy delay and 7 delivery windows to juggle and that I was only asking for them to wait for me for 2 business days as I have now waited for them for 77 days. They did not care. It was more of a push me off the phone call situation and said take it or don't we'll deliver it by Dec 31 one way or another.

This is the Model 3 Performance waiting room, and even if the Build Back Better (BBB) legislation was somehow resuscitated next year, the Model 3 Performance was never eligible for the tax credit even under the original BBB bill as the legislation had a purchase price cap of $55,000.
You should scroll up tp read previous posts where I addressed that very topic. Thank you for letting me know what thread this is though. Happy holidays.

Just got off the phone with my delivery center about holding my Dec 29 delivery until Jan 2 (they are closed Jan 1). This is my second call to them about this topic. After the first call they more or less told me "no" but to call back and see if anything changes. After this second call nothing has changed. What I was told is that every car in Tesla's inventory is being matched for delivery by Dec 31. They said if I chose to wait for delivery until January I will be unmatched and the car will be rematched to someone else within minutes and delivered before the end of the day Dec 31. Unfortunately for me I have had 7 delivery date windows since I initially ordered back on 10/7. I have never put a hold on the order. I expressed my concerns with having to wait so long compared to others and my fears of that happening again. I asked for them to please see it from my point of view with the lengthy delay and 7 delivery windows to juggle and that I was only asking for them to wait for me for 2 business days as I have now waited for them for 77 days. They did not care. It was more of a push me off the phone call situation and said take it or don't we'll deliver it by Dec 31 one way or another.
Their arrogance and dismissiveness of customer concerns are appalling. It is a one way street for them: do what works best for Tesla, regardless of any inconvenience to you (the customer). Also, after making these vehicles for 4 years you'd think these quality issues would have been eliminated by now. As long as they have enough customers willing to put up with their behavior, they will continue doing business as usual. I'm lucky to not be desperate, so will gladly reject a defective car, or an inconvenient delivery date, and wait for a better one for as long as it takes.

Reactions: RD3P
Wow, get a pre-Christmas lump of coal in your stocking? No need to be an asshat. Sorry for missing that part of your original post.
Well hello pot.
Their arrogance and dismissiveness of customer concerns are appalling. It is a one way street for them: do what works best for Tesla, regardless of any inconvenience to you (the customer). Also, after making these vehicles for 4 years you'd think these quality issues would have been eliminated by now. As long as they have enough customers willing to put up with their behavior, they will continue doing business as usual. I'm lucky to not be desperate, so will gladly reject a defective car, or an inconvenient delivery date, and wait for a better one for as long as it takes.
I am in the same boat as you. I'm in no rush and don't "need" the car.

Are they delivering California cars with no front plates?
the front plate is in the trunk... it's adhesive which i refuse to adhere to my newly ppf frontal. ordered a SnapPlate.. just waiting for the plates to come in to mount it. i'll thoroughly be enjoying NOT having a front plate until then! Either way, SnapPlate is easily removable in the case I drive it into a state that doesn't require front plates.

the front plate is in the trunk... it's adhesive which i refuse to adhere to my newly ppf frontal. ordered a SnapPlate.. just waiting for the plates to come in to mount it. i'll thoroughly be enjoying NOT having a front plate until then! Either way, SnapPlate is easily removable in the case I drive it into a state that doesn't require front plates.
As you may have guessed from my handle I can assure you nobody will hassle you over your no front plate :)

• Funny
Reactions: SPACE_EX