Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s really puzzling how the Ryzen made its way into several M3LR deliveries the last couple weeks of last year, yet for this 1st batch of M3Ps this year, anyone who has been able to get an answer about their processor has been told they’re getting Atom. You’d think the highest trim would get priority… Really hoping the SAs are wrong and we’ll be seeing some Ryzens soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: gvme
Just got a VIN (155xxx) yesterday and SA said no ryzen. Build date is january 10th. SA put my order on hold for a day to remove the VIN and put me on priority queue. Waiting for ryzen, lithium, rear dual glass, and maybe new main battery and hairpin motor (not sure if those last 2 are worth waiting for).

EDD was 1/11-1/21 for SoCal. Black on white, vin 155XXX

I accepted delivery of my car yesterday and thought I’d offer my two cents. I was eagerly hoping I would get the AMD chip like many, but I did not get it. Even still, I am absolutely blown away as the car is phenomenal. The build was defect free and my anxieties about having a slow-ish infotainment was put to rest.

The native Tesla screens and cameras are operating smooth as butter with the Intel Atom (yes Nav could be a tad faster to have all areas of map populate, but it’s not noticeable when you’re driving or unless you do a side by side comparison). Based on forum comments, the ryzen seems to really shine for 3rd party apps- which I really won’t use as much I think I was telling myself. There aren’t many occasions I can think of where I’ll be hanging out in the car before/after driving, personally. The cabin noise was also not noticeable for me or my passengers; it was quiet including freeway driving, any quieter with the double glazed glass would be impressive. Anyways, I wanted to report back to offer an opinion on the intel-chipped car configuration as I hadn’t seen many in the wake of the Ryzen AMD news. Best of luck to you guys, I hope you get the config you want and the AMD. hopefully this helps calm the nerves of folks who think they’ll might receive a ‘less than’ model or missed out on the latest and greatest like I did- the driving experience is still fantastic!

Cheers and congrats on your new car

I accepted delivery of my car yesterday and thought I’d offer my two cents. I was eagerly hoping I would get the AMD chip like many, but I did not get it. Even still, I am absolutely blown away as the car is phenomenal. The build was defect free and my anxieties about having a slow-ish infotainment was put to rest.

The native Tesla screens and cameras are operating smooth as butter with the Intel Atom (yes Nav could be a tad faster to have all areas of map populate, but it’s not noticeable when you’re driving or unless you do a side by side comparison). Based on forum comments, the ryzen seems to really shine for 3rd party apps- which I really won’t use as much I think I was telling myself. There aren’t many occasions I can think of where I’ll be hanging out in the car before/after driving, personally. The cabin noise was also not noticeable for me or my passengers; it was quiet including freeway driving, any quieter with the double glazed glass would be impressive. Anyways, I wanted to report back to offer an opinion on the intel-chipped car configuration as I hadn’t seen many in the wake of the Ryzen AMD news. Best of luck to you guys, I hope you get the config you want and the AMD. hopefully this helps calm the nerves of folks who think they’ll might receive a ‘less than’ model or missed out on the latest and greatest like I did- the driving experience is still fantastic!

'21 M3P here and I'd say the decision to hold off on delivery depends on how much you value a faster chip. The only time where I notice the UI could be faster is when loading YouTube or the web browser. I rarely use these and only when I happen to be supercharging. Everything else is nice and fluid. The only items I'd be more patient and wait for are new battery tech and faster drive units.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
'21 M3P here and I'd say the decision to hold off on delivery depends on how much you value a faster chip. The only time where I notice the UI could be faster is when loading YouTube or the web browser. I rarely use these and only when I happen to be supercharging. Everything else is nice and fluid. The only items I'd be more patient and wait for are new battery tech and faster drive units.
I heard the rear motor will have more power capacity but will tesla actually make the car faster?

Appreciate you feedback. I don’t know any better since this will be my first Tesla so I’m indifferent as far as the upgrades go. I just need the darn car!

Reactions: Sporty and gvme
OD 11/14 M3 LR AWD MSM 18" Aero White Int
ID Delivery

Initial Window: Feb?
In December, window become Jan 8 - Feb 5
1/8: 1/8 - 2/5
1/9: 2/4 - 3/5
1/12: Changed to M3P MSM White
1/13: 2/4 - 3/4

When we were picking up our MY on 1/11 I made the mistake of test driving a M3P...
I drove my friend's M3LR a few times and was super impressed with it's speed. Then I wondered how fast the M3P must feel, I couldn't even imagine it and just had to try it.
After searching for a dealership around me to have a P in stock for OVER A YEAR, I finally found one, drove it, and was absolutely blown away.
You made the right choice :)

Reactions: chargeshare
I drove my friend's M3LR a few times and was super impressed with it's speed. Then I wondered how fast the M3P must feel, I couldn't even imagine it and just had to try it.
After searching for a dealership around me to have a P in stock for OVER A YEAR, I finally found one, drove it, and was absolutely blown away.
You made the right choice :)
Yup! Told someone today to not test drive unless they were willing to buy!

Reactions: ProLeopard
Got an EDD update this morning, moving in the right direction but I'm not holding my breath.

M3P MSM Black Interior, Central NC.

Code:
OD 1/7

Original EDD : February
1/9 EDD      : 3/4  - 3/31
1/14 EDD     : 2/14 - 3/14
Ordered the same day - hoping mine trims down a bit but holding my breath like you... ( 2/28-3/28)

My credit union is doing a killer financing deal that so far is ending the last day of this month. I might go ahead and just have them ding me then and hope I get a VIN within 30 days haha.