Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a white MP3 with white interior and FSD on 1/12/22.
EDD 2/16-3/16
Called today to change the interior from white to black after reading that it shows jean stains… same EDD, but they tried to charge me $12k for the FSD instead of the $10k from my original order on 1/12. I told them the delivery date nor the order number changed and why should I now have to pay $2 more when they haven’t even begun on my vehicle. I also said if the guy on the phone had told me if i make any changes to my order I’ll have to pay more for the FSD I would have just kept the dang white seats! So angry I told them just remove the whole FSD. I’m pissed!!!
Typical of Tesla. Probably blessing in disguise to save 10k and spend it elsewhere, and Subscribe to FSD when needed.

Reactions: civicdrivr and gvme
Ordered a white MP3 with white interior and FSD on 1/12/22.
EDD 2/16-3/16
Called today to change the interior from white to black after reading that it shows jean stains… same EDD, but they tried to charge me $12k for the FSD instead of the $10k from my original order on 1/12. I told them the delivery date nor the order number changed and why should I now have to pay $2 more when they haven’t even begun on my vehicle. I also said if the guy on the phone had told me if i make any changes to my order I’ll have to pay more for the FSD I would have just kept the dang white seats! So angry I told them just remove the whole FSD. I’m pissed!!!
not sure if this is your first Tesla but FSD is not worth it (IMO). Standard Autopilot will get you 95% of the way there.

Reactions: civicdrivr
Welp, guess I'm following this thread now. The more I thought about it, I'd regret not getting the performance model, so I went and changed my M3LR to an M3P. White/Black/NoFSD

So far EDD is showing as 02/18 - 03/18 (which is what my LR order was showing as well)

wait time ~ 1month. ordered white paint /black fake leather 12/9/2021. got car 1/8/2022 Carlsbad CA.

Think the whole "involved" process took ~20 min. From purchase / finance on iPhone to physical pickup / inspection. So basically from saying "hummm maybe I should get that performance after all" ,to speeding off with it required 20min + a few swipes of my thumb & a photo of my license. Tesla app was so creepy it linked up with my bank app on my phone plus apple pay and started to pull all money it needed by me just "confirming" with face ID . Best possible vehicle purchase process for people that don't like human interactions or pointless bull sh*t. Bless that tesla pickup support lady who just walked me to the car in the lot and said "k bye bye". 🥰

Do people seriously get pumped up on the car purchase process? Like roll up to the dealer with a tuxedo or ballgown and some feather pen all set to sign that stack of papers ? "Oh emissary of BMW, if you would be so kind as to describe at great lengths all the information which is readily available on my phone". "what's that you say? we shall now engage in a parlay of wits and cunning to finalize this sale? well I have come prepared. no I do not require bathroom breaks or food for the next 4 hours."... "yes, actually the extended floor mat coverage and GAP would be foolish to pass up, let me sign that 87th document ".