Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't heard from an SA or reached out yet... however, this would be useful to know for me as well. My CU has an amazing deal going on right now and it ends at the end of this month. My current ED is 2/14-3/14 so I'm holding off to the last day of Jan before I decide to apply. They'll only give a max of 30 days before I'd have to ding again.

I was planning to reach out and see what info I could get before the end of the month.
I got a great deal through tesla financing with wells fargo.

I ordered 1/15, Gray/Black, Cash Payment
So far no estimated delivery date is shown in the account, nobody reached out to me.
It just shows the message "Please pay the remaining balance prior to delivery" and further down, under next steps, "we will reach out to you when you can make the payment.."
Is that normal? I am under the impression that others receive an ED pretty quickly after ordering.
They can't expect me to pay in full without knowing any ED or speaking to anyone, or can they?

My EDD was pushed back today...

DBM, Black, no FSD
OD: 12/16 (based on a February 2022 delivery on the Tesla website)
VIN 1: 12/17
EDD (12/17): 12/21 - 12/31
Hold Placed: 12/17
Hold Released: 1/1
EDD (1/1): 1/16 - 2/13
EDD (1/15): 1/19 - 2/14
EDD (1/20): 2/6 - 3/6

The M3P is a second car, so I'm not in a super rush... But I would like the car to arrive prior to the end of February so I can claim a utility rebate for installing a ChargePoint Home Flex level 2 charger. *fingers crossed*

I ordered 1/15, Gray/Black, Cash Payment
So far no estimated delivery date is shown in the account, nobody reached out to me.
It just shows the message "Please pay the remaining balance prior to delivery" and further down, under next steps, "we will reach out to you when you can make the payment.."
Is that normal? I am under the impression that others receive an ED pretty quickly after ordering.
They can't expect me to pay in full without knowing any ED or speaking to anyone, or can they?
its pretty normal with TESLA, you pay the amount anytime the Vin is assigned to you just like you can opt out of filling out the credit app until you are closer to delivery.

Question, why pay cash if rates are still low? 2.49% for 72 MONTHS? thats a whole lot of cheap monies

its pretty normal with TESLA, you pay the amount anytime the Vin is assigned to you just like you can opt out of filling out the credit app until you are closer to delivery.

Question, why pay cash if rates are still low? 2.49% for 72 MONTHS? thats a whole lot of cheap monies
Thanks for the clarification, I was getting worried :)
As far as the payment goes, I live in Dubai, the credit rates and agreements are not as attractive as they are in the US or Europe right now.
Also I just sold my other car, to make use of the inflated used-car market, so I have the cash available.

This forum has been very helpful so figured I'd post my status and updates for anyone buying now and in the future.

MSM M3P
Tesla order page Delivery Date Estimate (Feb 2022)
OD 1/6
EDD 2/25-3/25
Update. Sometime this afternoon my delivery date changed to "TBD Delivery timing will be available soon". It updated Monday or so to 2/11-3/11 from the above. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Anybody have any insight?