Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a December 2020 M3P without the new headlights and heated steering wheel as well. It does have the heat pump and dual paned glass up front though. I've placed an order for a 2022 M3P because why not? If there is an opportunity to sell a car for more than what I paid for it and use the money for a new updated version, it's a no brainer. These kinds of things almost never happen and there is nothing wrong with doing it. You're not gaming a system. You're just taking advantage of an unusual opportunity. Since I'm financing the car, I don't even have to worry about selling my current M3P until after I receive the new car. The money I pay every month reduces my principal and I'll get it back once I sell the car. The only thing to worry about though is getting into an accident which would reduce the value of the car.

Wondering why Vroom is only offering what you paid for the car? They offered nearly $5k more than what I paid for it. Driveway offered over $8k more. Do you have a lot of miles on it? My car has about 4.5K miles.

At 8.5k miles. Hmm thanks for your input!

DUDE THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I GOT IT!
Nice man!! Congrats! Same thing happened to me. I had a M3 LR spec'd out silver/white but the wait was gonna be past my time with my credit approval and I didn't want to run credit again. Friday early morning I wrote Tesla at 5am, and a SA named Nicole helped me. Ended up just upgrading to the M3P Blue/White that was in California. It was meant to be! Taking delivery on the 12th. Now I just wonder if that car has the AMD Ryzen chipset lol. I don't care if it doesn't but I would laugh if I got double lucky.

My EDD is now 1/31 - 2/11, I spoke with my SA and my loan is good till 3/5 so I think I should be ok.

I actually originally ordered that exact car but changed to the black interior after a few test drives. Decided the white just wasn’t for me.

As for keeping clean I’ve been told the white is well treated and easy to maintain as long as you wipe clean often.

Double check that - the pre-approval is good for 60 days but the rate lock is only 30.

I got the one j_grange posted about. and you added the info that FSD could be removed. I appreciate it.

I was able to get in the M3P 3-4 months sooner. I just ordered last night!

Nice man!! Congrats! Same thing happened to me. I had a M3 LR spec'd out silver/white but the wait was gonna be past my time with my credit approval and I didn't want to run credit again. Friday early morning I wrote Tesla at 5am, and a SA named Nicole helped me. Ended up just upgrading to the M3P Blue/White that was in California. It was meant to be! Taking delivery on the 12th. Now I just wonder if that car has the AMD Ryzen chipset lol. I don't care if it doesn't but I would laugh if I got double lucky.
funny thing is my loan application hasn't even gone through yet because i ordered last night!

i'll figure this all out tomorrow.

my vin is 160XXX so it's an early 16x. Hopefully Ryzen but yeah I won't turn it down if not.

funny thing is my loan application hasn't even gone through yet because i ordered last night!

i'll figure this all out tomorrow.

my vin is 160XXX so it's an early 16x. Hopefully Ryzen but yeah I won't turn it down if not.
mine is 144XXX so I am not sure, however I did read that all 2022 Model 3 LR and up would have it. So let's see. Regardless I am taking delivery too. I don't care lmao

Hello I just put in an order for a M3P on 1/25/22 Midnight Silver/white. My EDD is 2/14-3/14 and at the moment I don't have a car and came here to see how fast delivery tends to be with the performance models(more expensive=faster delivery). I'm coming from a 2017 BMW M4 and I am hyped for my Tesla to come. Does anyone here know when I could expect a VIN to show up and if EDD is accurate. I'm in Socal too I have no idea if that affects delivery.

Hello I just put in an order for a M3P on 1/25/22 Midnight Silver/white. My EDD is 2/14-3/14 and at the moment I don't have a car and came here to see how fast delivery tends to be with the performance models(more expensive=faster delivery). I'm coming from a 2017 BMW M4 and I am hyped for my Tesla to come. Does anyone here know when I could expect a VIN to show up and if EDD is accurate. I'm in Socal too I have no idea if that affects delivery.
Welcome! I’m in SoCal as well (San Diego). I ordered my M3P in white with black interior and FSD. Order date was 1/10/22. My EDD has been 1/30-2/27 from the very beginning and it’s never changed. No VIN yet. Getting a little antsy!

Reactions: eakrish
Hey Alex, I would say it's possible that you might see an early March delivery. Performance versions seem to be getting priority. I had a LR midnight silver/white order on 12/26 and my delivery date was set for 2/15 to 3/15. I ended up talking to a SA and got lucky that they had a Performance version already built in Deep Blue/White and switched to that on 1/28. My delivery date is set for 2/12 at 11:30am. I would chat with Tesla to see if there are any already spec'd out.

Hey Alex, I would say it's possible that you might see an early March delivery. Performance versions seem to be getting priority. I had a LR midnight silver/white order on 12/26 and my delivery date was set for 2/15 to 3/15. I ended up talking to a SA and got lucky that they had a Performance version already built in Deep Blue/White and switched to that on 1/28. My delivery date is set for 2/12 at 11:30am. I would chat with Tesla to see if there are any already spec'd out.
Ok alright will do i'll give them a call and see if I get lucky.

Reactions: cubanian385
Best of luck man!

j_grange Mentioned that there was a red/white M3P available in the California area. Not sure if the red is your cup of tea.​

That is the one that went to TustinM3P :) Currently there are no pre-made available according to my sources. I will post if I see any more come up (that are not blue / black , because well if one does come up like that I'm taking it ;-)

That is the one that went to TustinM3P :) Currently there are no pre-made available according to my sources. I will post if I see any more come up (that are not blue / black , because well if one does come up like that I'm taking it ;-)
Ah, that's true! Man, I must have really lucked out. My dad must have really been helping me from the other side. Thanks dad. He really wanted to see me get this car.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
settle in and have a seat brotha. :) welcome. im in la as well.

this is my 2nd rodeo with tesla. im selling my 2020 black /black m3p/fsd/pup due to the insane used car prices and ordered me a 22 in the same spec on 1/19. my date range from the start has been 2-20 to 3-20. it has not moved.

its not that performance gets "priority" - it depends on the trim the fremont shop is building. they do them in batches. ive seen a lot of black interior cars and performance models starting to get vins so hopefully in a week or so more of us on here will get vins.

settle in and have a seat brotha. :) welcome. im in la as well.

this is my 2nd rodeo with tesla. im selling my 2020 black /black m3p/fsd/pup due to the insane used car prices and ordered me a 22 in the same spec on 1/19. my date range from the start has been 2-20 to 3-20. it has not moved.

its not that performance gets "priority" - it depends on the trim the fremont shop is building. they do them in batches. ive seen a lot of black interior cars and performance models starting to get vins so hopefully in a week or so more of us on here will get vins.
what color combination did you get I am curious why my EDD is earlier than yours when I placed my order on 1/25