Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. New member, first post

I ordered my M3p yesterday

OD: 3/17/22
Edd May 22 (where are ppl getting exact dates?)
White / white , no FSD

Before I ordered I used the chat feature to ask some questions and he said to come back with my rn so he could assign my SA. Is that useful?
They could assign an SA, but honestly, you won't get much more info until you have a VIN assigned.

That's pretty fast. Your original order date must have something to do with the quick turnaround after switching to performance.
I thought so too - but everyone I talked to at Tesla said you go to the back of the line when you switch so idk.

Edit: when I switched in Feb, the website was still showing March for new orders and it stayed at March for another week or so after the switch. This was before Russia got stupid and gas prices went crazy - which I think is driving all the backlog now? Idk

I thought so too - but everyone I talked to at Tesla said you go to the back of the line when you switch so idk.

Edit: when I switched in Feb, the website was still showing March for new orders and it stayed at March for another week or so after the switch. This was before Russia got stupid and gas prices went crazy - which I think is driving all the backlog now? Idk
I ordered a performance two days before you with the exact same configuration. This is why I think something pushed yours forward. I've been holding steady at April 25 - May 23 for over three weeks now.

This harkens back to my previous post stating Tesla must hate me as a person.

Last edited:
Regarding DCU:

I called last night and waited over an hour and 22 minutes before hanging up. Calling back this morning and choosing the call back option actually worked for me.

The lady I spoke with (Sarah) stated DCU is honoring the rates prior to the rate increase until the end of the month for anyone who applied prior to the rate hike.

Unfortunately for me, my current delivery window is outside of that time. I even asked her if they could honor it until the end of the 45 day period they keep an application open. She checked with a supervisor and then said no. The 31st of March is the cutoff for the loan being finalized utilizing the old rate.

The new, higher, rate is still not bad in the grand scheme of things, but there are other credit unions that are close and you would get much faster customer service should you ever have any questions or issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
Informational post regarding DCU

I ordered a performance two days before you with the exact same configuration. This is why I think something pushed yours forward. I've been holding steady at April 25 - May 23 for over three weeks now.

This harkens back to my previous post stating Tesla must hate me as a person.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. 🤯

Reactions: jessepotter
I just got off the phone with Justin from Tesla. I apologized before asking, but asked if there was any possibility I could be assigned a VIN and take delivery prior to the end of March.

He said the possibility is there, but the current estimated delivery range is what he sees on his side as well.

He did say he saw a red M3P in the Atlanta area that is available for a VIN assignment. I politely refused as I really like the MSM (and not just because it's now a free option).

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Tesla has been raising prices most likely due to what is happening with nickel. They didn't raise M3P yet luckily. Are we locked in at the current price if we already ordered?
Interesting question, due to the range of the M3P I was under the impression our batteries also had nickel chemistry, so the decision not to raise M3P base prices might be based on other factors. As an example, what would be the rationale to raise the starting price on the MYP and not the M3P? Everyone who has a firm order is protected from future price increases. Given current volatile market conditions, it would not surprise me if the price on the M3P jumps $1500 - $2000 in April '22.

Well guys, I hate it when my prediction comes true. Kudos to everyone on this board who has locked in their orders for M3P or LR. Not only do we have to deal with interest rates going up on auto loans, but here is Tesla's reaction to world events, inflation, increased production costs and supply chain issues: Tesla announces prices increases across the board, effective March 15:

• Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive: $44,990 to $46,990
  • Model 3 Long Range: $51,990 to $54,490
  • Model 3 Performance: $58,990 to $61,990
  • Model Y Long Range: $59,990 to $62,990
  • Model Y Performance: $64,990 to $67,990
  • Model S Dual Motor: $94,990 to $99,990
  • Model S Tri Motor: $129,990 to $135,990
  • Model X Dual Motor: $104,990 to $114,990
  • Model X Tri Motor: $126,490 to $138,990
On Monday, Musk tweeted that “Tesla & SpaceX are seeing significant recent inflation pressure in raw materials & logistics” — inflation is up 7.9 percent in the US this year, caused by the increasing cost of energy, food, and services, while the prices of raw materials used to build EVs (like steel, nickel, and palladium) are soaring in price due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindenwood
Mt. Kisco NY

M3P MSM/Black No FSD

O/D 3/3
3/4 EDD 5/13-6/10

Turning leased vehicle in at end of March so anxious to get better clarity on delivery (do have some other cars to drive).
No updates since (3/4) - anyone having similar experience w/ Mt. Kisco ordered car?
I ordered the same combination car from My kisco as well. Overall, they seem to be good. I didn't get it yet, so the jury is still out ...

I ordered 2 weeks before you and my EDD is only a week before yours. Truthfully this whole EDD range is a dart board like gamble, so we shall see how it shakes out. 😎

I ordered the same combination car from My kisco as well. Overall, they seem to be good. I didn't get it yet, so the jury is still out ...

I ordered 2 weeks before you and my EDD is only a week before yours. Truthfully this whole EDD range is a dart board like gamble, so we shall see how it shakes out. 😎
Cool. Was advised to use Mt. Kisco based on a contact of mine who worked for Tesla - also know many who have received vehicles from Mt. Kisco, all of which also recommended them. They were great to interact with during buying process.

Will certainly promptly post updates on EDD - please do same ...

Mt. Kisco NY

M3P MSM/Black No FSD

O/D 3/3
3/4 EDD 5/13-6/10

Turning leased vehicle in at end of March so anxious to get better clarity on delivery (do have some other cars to drive).
No updates since (3/4) - anyone having similar experience w/ Mt. Kisco ordered car?
I have a Mt Kisco delivery coming, ordered 2/21 and haven’t had my EDD (4/49-5/27) change either. I’ve heard good things on this forum about the Mt Kisco location. I’m guessing Tesla is filling orders that they can ship to quickly to pump up quarterly numbers. I don’t expect to receive a VIN anytime soon. To be honest I rather get a car beginning of 2nd quarter instead of a car that was rushed to meet a deadline. Even Elon himself said quality issues increase as they ramp up production

Reactions: Rodney!
I have a Mt Kisco delivery coming, ordered 2/21 and haven’t had my EDD (4/49-5/27) change either. I’ve heard good things on this forum about the Mt Kisco location......To be honest I rather get a car beginning of 2nd quarter instead of a car that was rushed to meet a deadline. Even Elon himself said quality issues increase as they ramp up production
I hope you are right about a mid 1/4 delivery cars having less issues since they were not rushed out the door...🤞

Anything to convince myself it is worth the wait i guess... 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Nick65 and cpayne5