Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you folks wanted to waste some time reviewing this entire thread, you would see that same delivery concerns for color, location, and end of quarter increases are a common theme. Tesla remains unpredictable. Sadly, that seems to be consistent.

Just conjecture still, something I would consider if ordering now and this fits the color you are seeking: If many folks are saying that across different locations that a particular color is NOT being delivered then I would place my order for that color (given I wanted that color). I concluded that color was ready for a manufature "run."

Car showed up 10am on Sunday. Immediately noticed a few things that need to get fixed. I’m scheduled friday to take the car in as it was delivered to my house.
Hood Gap
driver headlight pressing into fender
front bumper blotchy paint
rear trunk way misaligned
driver and passenger tail light both sticking out and at different amounts
driver front fender gap and dent

On the way over to Tesla I was parked and someone u-turned into the rear of my 30 hour old car and tried to leave. I was in the car so I jumped out and got in front of their car. They responded with “its a little dent, no big deal” and tried to leave. I threatened to call the cops for hit and run so they stayed. Filed an insurance claim on their behalf for my car, we have the same insurance company which hopefully makes this easier. I’m very frustrated by this but glad I was in the car to stop them. I’m loving the car so far just bummed that people are so shitty. My body shop suggested to have tesla fix the delivery issues then schedule to bring the car in to have the dent resolved. Ughhhhhhhh

ohh and my car is scraping in the center when exiting and entering my driveway…..so that should be an adventure, my STI was lower and would scrape but I could creep it in on an angle, I‘m guessing the wheel base is a little longer On the M3P.

Car showed up 10am on Sunday. Immediately noticed a few things that need to get fixed. I’m scheduled friday to take the car in as it was delivered to my house.
LOTS OF STUFF

On the way over to Tesla I was parked and someone u-turned into the rear of my 30 hour old car and tried to leave...
Well, first off, congrats on the car! Sorry about the fit and finish issues... And I am really sowwy about the !d!0t that hit you.... 🤯🤬

Fyi, i could not find the right emoji to for your post, so i put thumb down because i felt bad... 😔

Good luck with the car and the associate fixes it has. I hope it is everything you wanted out of your STI and then some! 🥳

Got an EDD update this morning!

So basically the window expanded and shifted it forward a couple weeks. Hopefully a good sign? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Me too!!! 🤩🥳🤩🥳

M3P | MSM | black | no FSD | Mt Kisco, NY delivery
OD: 2/19/22
2/19: EDD March 2022
2/21: EDD May 7 - June 4 (5/7 - 6/4)
3/22: EDD April 16th - May 16th (4/16 - 5/16)

Guess it was all that "moving to cali" talk... 🤔😍🥰

I’m taking it. A bit of a mad dash to sell my current car (2018 Subaru STI). And try to figure out delivery because I’m working the day they said it would be ready. Stoked and nervous. I’ve never owned an automatic car so this will be an interesting curve for my left foot.

Like a prehensile tail, your left foot will slowly disappear with disuse. Lol the car is amazing though!

Hood Gap

On the way over to Tesla I was parked and someone u-turned into the rear of my 30 hour old car and tried to leave. I was in the car so I jumped out and got in front of their car. They responded with “its a little dent, no big deal” and tried to leave. I threatened to call the cops for hit and run so they stayed. Filed an insurance claim on their behalf for my car, we have the same insurance company which hopefully makes this easier. I’m very frustrated by this but glad I was in the car to stop them. I’m loving the car so far just bummed that people are so shitty. My body shop suggested to have tesla fix the delivery issues then schedule to bring the car in to have the dent resolved. Ughhhhhhhh

ohh and my car is scraping in the center when exiting and entering my driveway…..so that should be an adventure, my STI was lower and would scrape but I could creep it in on an angle, I‘m guessing the wheel base is a little longer On the M3P.

Holy cow that's bad luck. In case you weren't aware, see if the incident was captured on dashcam and the usb stick should be in the glove box.

A little bit of scraping in the driveway is no big deal. However that's where the battery pack is at and if you ever have issues with it, it would suck for Tesla to deny coverage if they see a bunch of scrape marks.

That gives me hope to see all you guys getting updated EDD's. I'm on day 39 since ordering without an update.
pablo.jpg

wow... what gives? did you put the order on hold? Did you reach out to your SA? #iwannaknowmore
I don't have a dedicated SA but I called the main sales number they claim everything looks fine. He said I should see dates firm up early next month. Now that Gigafactory Berlin is open, as of today, that will hopefully allow the Fremont factory churn through the US backlog.

• Informative
Reactions: albrightc25
Hood Gap

I would definitely open a diminished value claim for that moron hitting your car. With an accident on its file it will take a hit in resale value. Sorry to hear bout your luck.