Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats, I ordered a month before you and my EDD is almost a month later. I’m in CT. Tesla works in mysterious ways.
He ordered a red car, and you and I ordered silver cars (similar OD and EDD). In this thread, historically the red cars have have build priority over our "cheap" silver ones, given the same general location.

I debated on changing to red, but after going to the local SC and comparing the colors side by side, i am happy with my "cheap" color and the associated additional wait time. :cool:

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hey everybody, I'm a long-time lurker of TMC Forum who's been patiently waiting to place an order of M3P. Ever since I saw the estimated delivery window increase from May 2022 to June/July 2022 in a span of week I finally decided to pull the trigger. Here's another piece of data we can use for tracking.

OD: 3/26
EDD #1: June/July 2022
EDD #2: 6/3/22 - 7/15/22

It should show on your Tesla account (app or web). When you log in to your dashboard and then click Manage on your Tesla, it will show under your Model with and Estimated Delivery Date...

Hope this helps.
1648733202436.png

This is what i see

Hey everybody, I'm a long-time lurker of TMC Forum who's been patiently waiting to place an order of M3P. Ever since I saw the estimated delivery window increase from May 2022 to June/July 2022 in a span of week I finally decided to pull the trigger. Here's another piece of data we can use for tracking.

OD: 3/26
EDD #1: June/July 2022
EDD #2: 6/3/22 - 7/15/22
Curious your location is AZ, while mine is MN. I ordered one day after you and my delivery date is MUCH later (Aug/Oct). Apparently I drew the short straw.

Curious your location is AZ, while mine is MN. I ordered one day after you and my delivery date is MUCH later (Aug/Oct). Apparently I drew the short straw.
As Sheef said, I wouldn't too much worry about it! It seems like Tesla is backdating their estimated delivery time window on their website quite a bit based on the trend shown here of how most people's EDDs are being updated to be earlier than anticipated. I will also be updating my EDD window here if I receive any updates. I'm guessing I will see an updated estimated delivery in a week or two.

Reactions: Sheefo2k
As Sheef said, I wouldn't too much worry about it! It seems like Tesla is backdating their estimated delivery time window on their website quite a bit based on the trend shown here of how most people's EDDs are being updated to be earlier than anticipated. I will also be updating my EDD window here if I receive any updates. I'm guessing I will see an updated estimated delivery in a week or two.

One note to add: Demand increased when the EDD on Tesla’s website is massaged further down the road by a month or two. They have no incentive to make that initial EDD window realistic. They most likely use it as method to control order volume.

I am talking about the estimated date on te website pre ordering.

Congrats, I ordered a month before you and my EDD is almost a month later. I’m in CT. Tesla works in mysterious ways.

He ordered a red car, and you and I ordered silver cars (similar OD and EDD). In this thread, historically the red cars have have build priority over our "cheap" silver ones, given the same general location.

I debated on changing to red, but after going to the local SC and comparing the colors side by side, i am happy with my "cheap" color and the associated additional wait time. :cool:
Do really red cars get build priority ? I didn't know that.
I was comparing side by side Midnight Silver with Red, too and I like the silver color but my local Tesla store had shiny red M3P and I really like it how it looks.
Car was going on sale in few days and they were asking me if I would like to buy it, it was a store demo car with no test drives (winter time on the summer tires car, so they didn't allow rides) I was ready to jump on it but this M3P was still with Intel procesor when everybody already was getting AMD. I wasn't in rush to get the car, so I said myself I can wait a little longer and here I am in line with you guys.

Do really red cars get build priority ? I didn't know that.
Well, that is what the past 6 months of this thread has proven. I have been paying attention to everyone's location/EDD, and the red cars seem to show up faster.

A month ago, i went into the local SC and was debating swapping to red to get the car faster, but after staring at the cars side by side, i opted to keep my silver order.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Well, that is what the past 6 months of this thread has proven. I have been paying attention to everyone's location/EDD, and the red cars seem to show up faster.

A month ago, i went into the local SC and was debating swapping to red to get the car faster, but after staring at the cars side by side, i opted to keep my silver order.
Exactly.

Tesla probably has a better margin on the Red color given the increase in customer cost, which if they make a few thousand cars in a production run it makes more business sense to sell all of them with the car that makes them more money.

I love the red too but I'm sticking to the MSM as that was my first choice even before it was an included no cost color. Plus I may have the car wrapped at some point.

Oh man, this sucks.

My EDD just updated:
Ordered March 9
EDD earlier today was April 19-May 17
Now it’s showing May 8 - June 12

M3P, MSM, White Interior, no FSD

Toronto area, Canada.
I ordered after you and have an earlier EDD than you. I'm in California though, however I suspect that as my EDD gets closer that it will change and get pushed out. This sucks.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ