Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 30 days they called and asked if I still wanted to trade it in. I said yes. And they had me take another picture of the odometer and redid the offer. This time it came back 7.5k lower. Eg the offer was only good for 30 days.. it expired so had to be redone. And, of course, they want take the car until they’re ready to give you a new one. It’s either a fluke or a scam. I’m going with fluke, but it was a fun experience.
Dang, that's what I was worried about. I can get a higher offer now but not quite enough to offset the $6k in tax savings. I have a 2nd car to drive if I have to unload my trade in sooner than my M3P is delivered, but they haven't asked me to send in my odometer info again. I'm not sure when you got your Tesla, but I've heard of people getting a higher offer the 2nd time around from Tesla, but I think that ship has sailed as used car prices have plateaued.

Dang, that's what I was worried about. I can get a higher offer now but not quite enough to offset the $6k in tax savings. I have a 2nd car to drive if I have to unload my trade in sooner than my M3P is delivered, but they haven't asked me to send in my odometer info again. I'm not sure when you got your Tesla, but I've heard of people getting a higher offer the 2nd time around from Tesla, but I think that ship has sailed as used car prices have plateaued.
Yeah it’s a huge gamble to hold onto the vehicle until delivery at this point. We have been watching values drop pretty quickly so we sold ours ahead of time. That only works if you have alternative transportation options though.

After 30 days they called and asked if I still wanted to trade it in. I said yes. And they had me take another picture of the odometer and redid the offer. This time it came back 7.5k lower. Eg the offer was only good for 30 days.. it expired so had to be redone. And, of course, they want take the car until they’re ready to give you a new one. It’s either a fluke or a scam. I’m going with fluke, but it was a fun experience.
What do you mean by "they want take the car until they're ready to give you a new one"?

My experience - Tesla takes the trade-in at delivery day.

Do really red cars get build priority ? I didn't know that.
I was comparing side by side Midnight Silver with Red, too and I like the silver color but my local Tesla store had shiny red M3P and I really like it how it looks.
Car was going on sale in few days and they were asking me if I would like to buy it, it was a store demo car with no test drives (winter time on the summer tires car, so they didn't allow rides) I was ready to jump on it but this M3P was still with Intel procesor when everybody already was getting AMD. I wasn't in rush to get the car, so I said myself I can wait a little longer and here I am in line with you guys.
well done. ryzen is the future.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: 1windy and Rodney!
Order date 2/24. Black/black, no FSD. California/Bay Area. Still no EDD of any sort — account shows TBD. I’ve asked SA about it a couple times and she says she sees early May on her end, but never explains why I don’t see it on the website. Continue to find this very odd.

Attachments

• E6418704-08FB-4BE0-8619-74A99F8C2521.jpeg
    E6418704-08FB-4BE0-8619-74A99F8C2521.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 84
Order date 2/24. Black/black, no FSD. California/Bay Area. Still no EDD of any sort — account shows TBD. I’ve asked SA about it a couple times and she says she sees early May on her end, but never explains why I don’t see it on the website. Continue to find this very odd.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before but I’ve only been keeping track for almost three weeks. I’d bug your SA to get an answer.

This would drive me up a tree - I am only on here a month so first I am seeing a TBD.. Maybe check the Model 3 subReddit? Hope you get an answer soon.

Got a change today
M3P White /Black no FSD. Charlotte NC

OD : 02/26
EDD : March
EDD : May 10- June 7 (02/27)
EDD : April 23 - May 28 (03/22)
EDD : April 18 - May 16 (03/30)

Got a change today

A little move to day

EDD : April 21 - May 2 (04/03)

Here's another data point:

M3P / MSM / Black / NO FSD / SF Bay Area Delivery

OD: 2/24
2/24 EDD: 3/6 - 3/31 Delivery
3/6 EDD: Changed color from Blue to MSM - May 26 to June 21st Deliver
3/14 EDD: 4/16 - 5/21 Delivery
4/3 EDD: 4/18 - 5/16

No VIN assigned - Hoping to have it by end of April!