Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 performance with the white interior a while ago and my delivery date of 4/11-4/15 was updated in the app.

Upon checking the order agreement it shows that the interior is now black and not white... wtf? I don't want to cancel and re-order because it has gone up in price by about $3k since I placed my order and I am currently very annoyed with the local Tesla dealership and scared about the run around they are going to give me. Any suggestions?

So whats the price difference now? I know they bumped the M3P 3k a few weeks ago and I heard they bumped it again and now it's 5k more than when I ordered. Comparing orders it looks like I'm $4k to the good on my order unless I am missing something I don't see $5k.

so, just an observation: It seems that two things happen on the first day of your current EDD window: you either get a VIN or your EDD jumps further out.

There are quite a few of us that have current EDD's of 4/18 - 5/16. I have spoken to my SA multiple times, and my account is ready to go. I am *hoping* I get a VIN next Monday, 4/18. If I do not get a VIN, I expect that my EDD will get pushed out... 🤞🤞🤞

There are a few exceptions, like lfitzsimon, who got a VIN out of nowhere, so most likely that was a car that was declined/passed on for whatever reason, so the system matched the next in line with similar spec at that location. That same scenario has happened a few times in the last ~6months on this very thread.

The guys that don't have any EDD movement, well, I cannot hazard a guess as there could be many reasons ie: trade/financing/account issues/the wind was blowing south... who knows. If that was me, I would be riding the SA/Tesla # being one helluva squeaky wheel! 🤬
60D02DAD-19A6-4968-AAB7-74D07C8BCDD9.gif
Rodney you really put some thought into this

so, just an observation: It seems that two things happen on the first day of your current EDD window: you either get a VIN or your EDD jumps further out.

There are quite a few of us that have current EDD's of 4/18 - 5/16. I have spoken to my SA multiple times, and my account is ready to go. I am *hoping* I get a VIN next Monday, 4/18. If I do not get a VIN, I expect that my EDD will get pushed out... 🤞🤞🤞

There are a few exceptions, like lfitzsimon, who got a VIN out of nowhere, so most likely that was a car that was declined/passed on for whatever reason, so the system matched the next in line with similar spec at that location. That same scenario has happened a few times in the last ~6months on this very thread.

The guys that don't have any EDD movement, well, I cannot hazard a guess as there could be many reasons ie: trade/financing/account issues/the wind was blowing south... who knows. If that was me, I would be riding the SA/Tesla # being one helluva squeaky wheel! 🤬
My VIN wasn’t actually completely random, my whole schedule went like this:

OD: 2/28/22 (EDD: March)
EDD1 (3/1): April 24 - May 22
EDD2 (3/30): April 11 - May 9
EDD3 & VIN (4/8): April 11-14
EDD4 (4/9): April 8-12th (This was the day they called to arrange delivery)

MSM / White, No FSD
Los Angeles

My VIN wasn’t actually completely random, my whole schedule went like this:

OD: 2/28/22 (EDD: March)
EDD1 (3/1): April 24 - May 22
EDD2 (3/30): April 11 - May 9
EDD3 & VIN (4/8): April 11-14
EDD4 (4/9): April 8-12th (This was the day they called to arrange delivery)

MSM / White, No FSD
Los Angeles
Giving me and my 03/04 order some serious hopium right now, thank you

Reactions: lfitzsimon
M3P White/White No FSD
OD: 02/26
1st EDD: May10-June7 (on 02/28)
2nd EDD: April26-May24 (on 03/12)
3rd EDD: April21-May19 (on 04/02)
Financing: Approved
MP3 Black / Black, no FSD
OD: 22 Feb (EDD March)
23 Feb EDD: 24 May - 22 June
29 Feb EDD: 26 Apr - 24 May
……Littleton, COLORADO.

I feel like I keep checking for texts from a new love only to see my last sent message as “read.”

I ordered a Model 3 performance with the white interior a while ago and my delivery date of 4/11-4/15 was updated in the app.

Upon checking the order agreement it shows that the interior is now black and not white... wtf? I don't want to cancel and re-order because it has gone up in price by about $3k since I placed my order and I am currently very annoyed with the local Tesla dealership and scared about the run around they are going to give me. Any suggestions?
Did you order online or in the store? I’m not sure what you mean by “upon checking the order agreement it shows that the interior is now black and not white”… you should have received the order agreement as a pdf email attachment the day you ordered - if that shows a black interior then either the employee made a mistake (which you didn’t notice on reviewing the order agreement), or you made a mistake ordering online (and again didn’t pick it up by checking the order agreement)

If your original order agreement reflects white interior, and they just issued a new agreement showing black interior to correspond with the car they are trying to assign you then you need to show them the original, tell them they messed up and need to find you a VIN for the spec you ordered.

Good luck!

IF you don't have a VIN... Tesla now allows edits to the design without increasing prices

"www tesla com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXX"

Reactions: UoMDeacon