Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
☝️that is not very long ago... 🤯

I have been digging through this thread, and it seems like the delays have gotten ridiculous for orders since the beginning of this year.

I have poked around for other Ev's, and I keep coming back to Tesla. The performance/range/cost, even after the most recent price hikes, is still attractive. Add the supercharger network, and well, I guess i will continue to sit here (im)patiently. 😾
Thanks, Biden!

(This is a joke because people were blaming the president for gas prices like he controls the stock market. Not trying to start a political argument.)

Just thought I'd add another data point...

M3P, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Interior, No FSD
OD: 3-5-22 (Original estimate of April)
EDD 1: 5-9-22 to 6-6-22 (Immediately after ordering)
EDD 2: 5-29-22 to 7-3-22 (Updated today, 4-20-22) 😢

I can understand the eagerness and frustration of everyone on this thread, especially lately with the recent pushbacks, because I'm in the same boat. I'm not saying that Tesla couldn't do a better job of handling delivery date estimates and communicating with customers, but things could definitely be worse...

Back in 2016 when I purchased the car that this M3P will be replacing, a Ford Focus RS, I had to wait 7 months from the date when I placed my order and put down a (much larger than $250) non-refundable deposit until the date when I actually received my car. For a good portion of that time, there were absolutely no updates at all from anyone on when (or if) I'd actually get my car. The car was ordered in February and wasn't delivered until September. I was starting to wonder whether I'd be getting a new 2016 model car in the year 2017. At one point about a month before I actually ended up getting that car, I did finally manage to get my VIN and was able to access to a shipping manifest system that allowed me to identify the cargo ship that would be transporting it from the factory (in Germany) to the US. I tracked that ship obsessively for weeks. Once it docked at its first US port though, it was back to radio silence until the random fateful day a month later that I got a phone call that my car had arrived. It did eventually show up though, as I'm sure my M3P will one day...

Hang in there everyone...

☝️that is not very long ago... 🤯

I have been digging through this thread, and it seems like the delays have gotten ridiculous for orders since the beginning of this year.

I have poked around for other Ev's, and I keep coming back to Tesla. The performance/range/cost, even after the most recent price hikes, is still attractive. Add the supercharger network, and well, I guess i will continue to sit here (im)patiently. 😾

This is my opinion also. If I was considering an ICE vehicle this would be so easy because I could put a list together of 10 bad ass cars I could buy for $60k. Even driving across the country to get the perfect one sounds like a great time compared to what we are going through waiting on an EV.

This is my opinion also. If I was considering an ICE vehicle this would be so easy because I could put a list together of 10 bad ass cars I could buy for $60k. Even driving across the country to get the perfect one sounds like a great time compared to what we are going through waiting on an EV.
This right here, don’t compare the delivery of a Tesla to other EVs. Compare it to other cars, like Elon has paraded for years. This bullshit would not be acceptable for an ICE car, why is it acceptable for a Tesla?

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Patiently waiting for my EDD pushback today, so far still no change (see sig). Agree with others above, nothing in the market currently makes me want to go a different route. Not expecting the car to be here until the end of May at best which works for me given how much crap I need to clean out of the garage 😂

No change for me yet, ugh. I know it's coming though.

Seems like they ran into some major issues, I am barely seeing any deliveries across here and reddit? Or they are just focused on producing Ys?

Can't wait for Elon to tweet that the data shows no one is ordering Model 3s any more, so we're second class customers.

Got my EDD pushback today as well and also got back to a four week window (5/24 - 6/21) instead of the prior two week window (5/1 - 5/14)

I texted my SA just to inquire (not expecting any insight at all). I got back a much more personalized response than on any of my other texts, introducing himself by name as from the local store, etc. And the tone was much different than prior responses. What should I make of this? I assume it must just be different people answering the texts each time?

Reactions: Sheefo2k
No EDD change for me yet, but my window opens in four days...and since Elon hates me, they'll wait until two days after to push out four more weeks.

If it wasn't for the earnings call, I'd expect him to show up at my house, punch me in the stomach, and say "No car for you, four weeks."

Anyone think the Twitter "noise" is just a distraction so no one notices they aren't delivering cars?

I placed my order on 03/22 and Edd has not changed. I'm in Canada so I expect I may not have as many delivery changes seeing Canadians don't order many performance models relative to other Model 3's but I'm prepared for anything after having a Bronco on order for a long time.

Edd: May 30 - July 11

No EDD change for me yet, but my window opens in four days...and since Elon hates me, they'll wait until two days after to push out four more weeks.

If it wasn't for the earnings call, I'd expect him to show up at my house, punch me in the stomach, and say "No car for you, four weeks."

Anyone think the Twitter "noise" is just a distraction so no one notices they aren't delivering cars?
I hope Elon addresses the reason for the delay's in today's call. Personally, I think the reason is that they are only building Model Y's in Freemont at the moment.

Reactions: mcp76
The most reasonable explanation I've heard is that in the first month of the quarter they prioritize retooling and international orders, second month is East Coast/Midwest orders, and third month is California and other nearby orders. Makes sense from a shipping logistics perspective if you want to maximize a quarterly delivery metric.

We're all highly-subjective, irrational monsters right now, so I understand logic is completely unhelpful. Just give us the cars now! Travesty! Angry noises!

Just thought I'd add another data point...

M3P, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Interior, No FSD
OD: 3-5-22 (Original estimate of April)
EDD 1: 5-9-22 to 6-6-22 (Immediately after ordering)
EDD 2: 5-29-22 to 7-3-22 (Updated today, 4-20-22) 😢

I can understand the eagerness and frustration of everyone on this thread, especially lately with the recent pushbacks, because I'm in the same boat. I'm not saying that Tesla couldn't do a better job of handling delivery date estimates and communicating with customers, but things could definitely be worse...

Back in 2016 when I purchased the car that this M3P will be replacing, a Ford Focus RS, I had to wait 7 months from the date when I placed my order and put down a (much larger than $250) non-refundable deposit until the date when I actually received my car. For a good portion of that time, there were absolutely no updates at all from anyone on when (or if) I'd actually get my car. The car was ordered in February and wasn't delivered until September. I was starting to wonder whether I'd be getting a new 2016 model car in the year 2017. At one point about a month before I actually ended up getting that car, I did finally manage to get my VIN and was able to access to a shipping manifest system that allowed me to identify the cargo ship that would be transporting it from the factory (in Germany) to the US. I tracked that ship obsessively for weeks. Once it docked at its first US port though, it was back to radio silence until the random fateful day a month later that I got a phone call that my car had arrived. It did eventually show up though, as I'm sure my M3P will one day...

Hang in there everyone...
My story is similar. I was ready to order the Ford Focus RS back in October 2015 when they started the ordering process but I quickly learned that I'll need to wait almost a year to actually receive the car. I dropped the idea of waiting a year and started considering different cars. I didn't buy anything until June 2016 and that was the time when the Focus RS started coming to the US. I decided to call all Ford dealers around and of course there was no way to buy one, all cars which were coming to the US were pre-ordered and sold. However, within the next day I got a phone call from one of the dealers in Boston with information that someone didn't receive a loan and didn't pick up the car. He asked me if I would like to buy it? The speck was exactly what I wanted - blue RS2. They asked for 5000$ over MSRP, I told the sales guy I'll buy it right now but for the MSRP price, after a quick conversation with the manager they agreed to it. So I bought the car basically over the phone, without the test drive and waiting time, decision made within 5 min of conversation. When I saw the car I couldn't be happier, my dreams came true.
I own this Ford Focus RS till today but for now no plans to sell it, it's too special for me. Tesla M3P will be an addition to it, at least for now.

Reading about all push backs, mine will probably change soon, too.

As of today my story looks like this:

Rhode Island
M3P Red/Black, no FSD

OD: 3/4: EDD April
3/5 EDD: Apr 30-May 28
3/19 EDD: Apr 5-May 3
3/25 EDD: Apr 4 – June 4
3/25 EDD: Apr 30 – June 4
3/30 EDD Apr 10 - Apr 24
4/4 EDD May 3 – May 31 (present)

and patiently waiting.

My theory on this company wide delay is that this has to do with battery components such as nickel and aluminum production. The war in Ukraine and the China shut down could potentially be affecting battery production for Tesla and other electric car makers. Just a theory and hope to hear something from the company soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: mcp76