Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Your EDD3: 5/9 - 6/6. I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. I haven't secured financing yet that far off from the EDD and credit unions (best rates) typically take longer.

Luckily I thought ahead and secured financing before April just in case I changed my mind on paying for the car outright. Offer is good for 60 days, so I figured why not.

Maybe this is why I was assigned a VIN so soon?

SA confirmed this is not a reject!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-192548_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420-192548_Messages.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 104
Got my EDD pushback today as well and also got back to a four week window (5/24 - 6/21) instead of the prior two week window (5/1 - 5/14)

I texted my SA just to inquire (not expecting any insight at all). I got back a much more personalized response than on any of my other texts, introducing himself by name as from the local store, etc. And the tone was much different than prior responses. What should I make of this? I assume it must just be different people answering the texts each time?
Figured I’d stop lurking and start posting. Ordered 2/12 with an original March 2022 delivery. After many EDD changes, I’m currently sitting at 4/25 to 5/9, this marks the third time I’ve had a two week window. The first two times, I was within the window for several days and the EDD updated to another month window and then later to a 2-wk window. I’m expecting this one to do the same.

Build is a red with black interior, no FSD.
Ours is the same color combo. We ordered a M3P on 3/30/22 with a current EDD of May 23 - June 27 in Florida. However.....this time around, we will not accept delivery if, 1. The car isn't perfect and 2. The mobile connector isn't included.
We mistakingly accepted delivery of our 2021 M3P witnessing first hand the heinous build quality but accepted it, shame on me. Never again.

Figured I’d stop lurking and start posting. Ordered 2/12 with an original March 2022 delivery. After many EDD changes, I’m currently sitting at 4/25 to 5/9, this marks the third time I’ve had a two week window. The first two times, I was within the window for several days and the EDD updated to another month window and then later to a 2-wk window. I’m expecting this one to do the same.

Build is a red with black interior, no FSD.
I guess we waiting on them start production on Red M3P! It getting annoying

The Shanghai factory’s 3-week shutdown, which took 50,000 cars out of Tesla’s intended production, is over. My gut says even if those weren’t initially bound for the U.S, it is possible Tesla:

1) Had to divert some vehicles to different markets to cover the oldest global orders, or

2) Are otherwise having to wait for Shanghai-produced parts to be delivered to the other factories to complete vehicles.

Shanghai reopened this week, so hopefully we collectively won’t see more than ~3-4 weeks of total delays beyond the ~60-day delivery timeline we had all come to expect.

I had to sell my vehicle to a family member in need, thinking I’d get the M3P a few weeks later. Now I am stuck daily driving an old pickup truck so I am ABSOLUTELY dreading every additional day :p .

It does to me too. As I wouldn't have ordered if I didn't see the march date and was shown may/june. Thats what pushed me to the M3P over the long range with acceleration boost.
I am one more piece of bad news away from contacting my state's attorney general's office. It's one thing to take a refundable deposit on a "hope and a dream". It's another thing to take an order fee and then push the delivery date out 4x the original estimate. All they need to do is contact me and say "Hey we ****ed up the EDD, you can have your money back if you wish", and I would gladly wait. But they way they are handling this shows a complete lack of respect for the fact that I am giving them $63,000.

I am one more piece of bad news away from contacting my state's attorney general's office. It's one thing to take a refundable deposit on a "hope and a dream". It's another thing to take an order fee and then push the delivery date out 4x the original estimate. All they need to do is contact me and say "Hey we ****ed up the EDD, you can have your money back if you wish", and I would gladly wait. But they way they are handling this shows a complete lack of respect for the fact that I am giving them $63,000.
I'll be the first to say....I like these cars and what they're about, but Tesla has ZERO customer service skills and QC/build quality is hit or miss (mostly miss) on anything coming out of Fremont CA. We are giving Tesla one last chance to shine as we wait for our 2022 M3P. If it proves shoddy we are turning away and never looking back 😔 Fingers crossed

Ours is the same color combo. We ordered a M3P on 3/30/22 with a current EDD of May 23 - June 27 in Florida. However.....this time around, we will not accept delivery if, 1. The car isn't perfect and 2. The mobile connector isn't included.
We mistakingly accepted delivery of our 2021 M3P witnessing first hand the heinous build quality but accepted it, shame on me. Never again.
Given your bad experience a year ago, why get another this year? I'm curious what qualities made it worthwhile to go down this road again so soon.

Isn’t there a link to request a refund on your account page on the Tesla site? Why wouldn’t you start there instead of skipping like 8 steps to the AG?

*edit*

And while we were all frustrated to put a deposit down expecting delivery in a month, only for the app to actually tell us it would be 2-4 months, we have at least had the opportunity to request cancellation from that very moment. Zooming out, while it is frustrating to not receive an individualized apology for these delays, I think we all know enough is going on in the world that none of this is easy for Tesla, or any of their competitors. Sure, we could go buy a BMW M3…. For $90,000. Maybe spend “only” $10k more for a BMW I4…. In 2023. Few other vehicles in this price range and class are close to the M3P overall (including in reliabiliy, if not quality as well), and looking at the used market tells us everything is shaken up right now.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know if its because I b*tched and complained, but received a call from my local tesla dealer that a M3P showed up on the national registry available for assigning. Same exterior color (MSM), but has a white interior instead.

I decided to take it. If I had any confidence whatsoever in my current EDD (5/6-5/20), I would consider turning it down, but I dont, so i am taking the white interior trade off to get the car sooner.

Original order:
MSM | Black | No FSD | Pittsburgh
OD - 2/14/2022 (March EDD)
EDD1 - 4/22 - 5/20
EDD2 - 4/29 - 5/11
EDD3 - 5/6 - 5/20

Call on 2/21 - MSM w/white interior available. Currently in Chicago. Took it. Expected delivery 1-1.5 weeks. VIN has been officially assigned.

Yes
☝️that is not very long ago... 🤯

I have been digging through this thread, and it seems like the delays have gotten ridiculous for orders since the beginning of this year.

I have poked around for other Ev's, and I keep coming back to Tesla. The performance/range/cost, even after the most recent price hikes, is still attractive. Add the supercharger network, and well, I guess i will continue to sit here (im)patiently. 😾
I have a coworker that ordered a Camaro last August and it finally got built and delivered this month so it isnt just a Tesla thing...

• Informative
Reactions: Not That M3
Well, I don't know if its because I b*tched and complained, but received a call from my local tesla dealer that a M3P showed up on the national registry available for assigning. Same exterior color (MSM), but has a white interior instead.

I decided to take it. If I had any confidence whatsoever in my current EDD (5/6-5/20), I would consider turning it down, but I dont, so i am taking the white interior trade off to get the car sooner.

Original order:
MSM | Black | No FSD | Pittsburgh
OD - 2/14/2022 (March EDD)
EDD1 - 4/22 - 5/20
EDD2 - 4/29 - 5/11
EDD3 - 5/6 - 5/20

Call on 2/21 - MSM w/white interior available. Currently in Chicago. Took it. Expected delivery 1-1.5 weeks. VIN has been officially assigned.
Congrats! I hope the car works out for you!

Question for you though: do you have to oay the white interior upcharge? Also, do you have to pay a transport fee?

Congrats! I hope the car works out for you!

Question for you though: do you have to oay the white interior upcharge? Also, do you have to pay a transport fee?
Yes, unfortunately, I will have the white interior upcharge and will have a $500 transportation fee. The overall pricing still remains the old pricing from my initial order date but it will be slightly higher. They said i could re-apply for financing for the higher amount, but i decided just to pay the difference out of pocket to avoid a 3rd hit to my credit.

Its alittle bittersweet, especially with the transportation fee, but i have zero confidence in my current EDD and i am driving a ticking timebomb for a daily driver, so figured it was $500 for transportation or potentially have $500+ in repair on my daily driver to continue driving it for another 4-6 weeks.

The white interior, i am actually kind of happy about it. I like the white interior but my wife was the one who initially shut it down. This gets me the white interior without the battle.