Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, unfortunately, I will have the white interior upcharge and will have a $500 transportation fee. The overall pricing still remains the old pricing from my initial order date but it will be slightly higher.
Wow, I can kind of understand the interior upcharge, but I am shocked you have to pay the transport fee. It is like Tesla scalping their own customers. :oops:

I remember earlier in this thread, someone else got a call from the delivery center with a similiar deal, asking if he wanted a blue car with white interior, but they were waiving the white interior upcharge. I am surprised they did not do this for you. I wonder if you did a little pushback, they would have waved the increased fee?

White is a no go for me, but I am glad you got what you wanted. Good luck with it! 🥳

Wow, I can kind of understand the interior upcharge, but I am shocked you have to pay the transport fee. It is like Tesla scalping their own customers. :oops:

I remember earlier in this thread, someone else got a call from the delivery center with a similiar deal, asking if he wanted a blue car with white interior, but they were waiving the white interior upcharge. I am surprised they did not do this for you. I wonder if you did a little pushback, they would have waved the increased fee?

White is a no go for me, but I am glad you got what you wanted. Good luck with it! 🥳

I think you are right and I should have pushed back a bit. I think I was a little caught off guard by the call.

On another note, i asked them about delivery and they said I will have 3 days to pick up the car once i get the text message to schedule delivery. I asked if that can be pushed at all, as its tough for me to get there during the week. She said if you get the text message on a Monday or Tuesday and need to push it till Saturday, thats fine. She said if you try and push it to the following week, it will automatically get cancelled and i would lose the car. Something to keep in mind for you guys.

Also, might just be my SC specific, but they do not do Uber of Lyft credits to get there. Not sure if some of it is getting more strict or if you want to drag your feet, theres 20 people behind you that will take the car.

On another note, i asked them about delivery and they said I will have 3 days to pick up the car once i get the text message to schedule delivery. I asked if that can be pushed at all, as its tough for me to get there during the week. She said if you get the text message on a Monday or Tuesday and need to push it till Saturday, thats fine. She said if you try and push it to the following week, it will automatically get cancelled and i would lose the car. Something to keep in mind for you guys.

Also, might just be my SC specific, but they do not do Uber of Lyft credits to get there. Not sure if some of it is getting more strict or if you want to drag your feet, theres 20 people behind you that will take the car.
It is crazy that you wait 2/3/6 months, or even a year for the car, then they give you a strict "3 day window" to get all your affairs in order and pickup the car otherwise it goes to someone else. It is like they are real estate people and they are pushing to take the deal "NOW" otherwise someone else will. But, this is a superior buying experience and all compared to the traditional dealership model... o_O

regarding the uber credits, you are asking for them to supply transportation to pickup the car? If so, i understand them not offering that credit. if/when my car arrives, if i cannot find someone to bring me there, i will just park my minivan in a nearby lot, and come back later for it. 🤡

Reactions: DMM_M3
Given your bad experience a year ago, why get another this year? I'm curious what qualities made it worthwhile to go down this road again so soon.
We really like what the car is about, the acceleration, the sound system, the vast charging network, the simplistic clean interior design. Our 2021 arrived with the following:

Front hood sunken 1/2" below right side fender, left side was flush.

Drivers door and passenger door so poorly aligned that there was not enough movement in the hinges to correct it.

Drivers side of rear bumper was unclipped or unattached beneath the bumper, they removed it and reinstalled it, 2 days later it popped out.

Carbon fiber spoiler was not completely attached to the trunk lid

Drivers side wiper blade was set on the splined shaft too low causing the wiper to hit the passenger wiper on the down stroke. (I fixed this)

Dust inside right headlight assembly.

Rear trunk misaligned.

Headliner where the upper airbag curtains are on the passenger rear would not stay clipped up, kept falling down about 1/4"

Window gaps or varying widths adjacent to the B pillars on both sides of the car.

Drivers side rear window had some type of strange dripping stain that would not come off.

And the BIGGEST issue......a terrible vibration in the steering wheel from about 51 MPH to about 60. Not a wheel balance vibration feel, Tesla said it was most likely the shafts or front motor and would require the front end to be torn apart on a brand new car with 630 miles on it. We bailed!

I have seen a rare few Teslas that meet my requirements and we are hoping the 2022 does.....

We really like what the car is about, the acceleration, the sound system, the vast charging network, the simplistic clean interior design. Our 2021 arrived with the following:

Front hood sunken 1/2" below right side fender, left side was flush.

Drivers door and passenger door so poorly aligned that there was not enough movement in the hinges to correct it.

Drivers side of rear bumper was unclipped or unattached beneath the bumper, they removed it and reinstalled it, 2 days later it popped out.

Carbon fiber spoiler was not completely attached to the trunk lid

Drivers side wiper blade was set on the splined shaft too low causing the wiper to hit the passenger wiper on the down stroke. (I fixed this)

Dust inside right headlight assembly.

Rear trunk misaligned.

Headliner where the upper airbag curtains are on the passenger rear would not stay clipped up, kept falling down about 1/4"

Window gaps or varying widths adjacent to the B pillars on both sides of the car.

Drivers side rear window had some type of strange dripping stain that would not come off.

And the BIGGEST issue......a terrible vibration in the steering wheel from about 51 MPH to about 60. Not a wheel balance vibration feel, Tesla said it was most likely the shafts or front motor and would require the front end to be torn apart on a brand new car with 630 miles on it. We bailed!

I have seen a rare few Teslas that meet my requirements and we are hoping the 2022 does.....
That's a lot of stuff! I hope they have resolved most of the build quality issues by now, but some of those I'd never heard of before. Despite how eager we all are to get our cars, it's a good lesson to be willing to walk away if there are obvious problems at delivery -- if you can see a bunch of problems, how many more are hiding and waiting to be found later?

Isn’t there a link to request a refund on your account page on the Tesla site? Why wouldn’t you start there instead of skipping like 8 steps to the AG?

*edit*

And while we were all frustrated to put a deposit down expecting delivery in a month, only for the app to actually tell us it would be 2-4 months, we have at least had the opportunity to request cancellation from that very moment. Zooming out, while it is frustrating to not receive an individualized apology for these delays, I think we all know enough is going on in the world that none of this is easy for Tesla, or any of their competitors. Sure, we could go buy a BMW M3…. For $90,000. Maybe spend “only” $10k more for a BMW I4…. In 2023. Few other vehicles in this price range and class are close to the M3P overall (including in reliabiliy, if not quality as well), and looking at the used market tells us everything is shaken up right now.
Obviously that would be the first step, but my understanding is that most do not get that refund.

Regardless, I think the state government needs to know of the shady business tactics that Tesla employs. They say their model is superior to the dealership model, when it clearly isn't superior for the customer. Our state pushed hard to not allow the Tesla business model for reasons that are now looking fairly legitimate. (No local support, no local accountability, etc)

BTW, you didn't put a deposit down on a car. Look at your order page. You paid Tesla a fee to order the car.

Last edited:
This concerns me a bit. The last round of push backs puts us uncomfortably close to our vacation for this year. Getting a notification that we need to pick up the car while we are on vacation is not going to go well.

Yes, unfortunately, I will have the white interior upcharge and will have a $500 transportation fee. The overall pricing still remains the old pricing from my initial order date but it will be slightly higher. They said i could re-apply for financing for the higher amount, but i decided just to pay the difference out of pocket to avoid a 3rd hit to my credit.

Its alittle bittersweet, especially with the transportation fee, but i have zero confidence in my current EDD and i am driving a ticking timebomb for a daily driver, so figured it was $500 for transportation or potentially have $500+ in repair on my daily driver to continue driving it for another 4-6 weeks.

The white interior, i am actually kind of happy about it. I like the white interior but my wife was the one who initially shut it down. This gets me the white interior without the battle.
I was going to joke around with you and say that's my car, but I see you did order slightly before me and you are actually getting what you truly want now with the white interior.

I'm honestly just living vicariously through others' good experiences/deliveries here, so post lots of pictures when you finally get the car. The pictures may sustain us long enough to get ours.

I was going to joke around with you and say that's my car, but I see you did order slightly before me and you are actually getting what you truly want now with the white interior.

I'm honestly just living vicariously through others' good experiences/deliveries here, so post lots of pictures when you finally get the car. The pictures may sustain us long enough to get ours.

I am not complaining by any means that they called me that this vehicle was available, but i honestly dont understand why this vehicle was even available. In my mind, with the demand Tesla has, they should never have an unassigned/unallocated vehicle. If someone backs out or cancels an order, there are probably thousands of other people behind them that have ordered the same exact vehicle. Why that vehicle isnt auto-assigned to the next person in line baffles me. I assume it may have something to do with transportation logistics. I assume they try to group cars going to the same location. If someone cancels or backs out once a car is en-route, there are additional challenges but still.

I cant say I wouldn't be slightly upset if i were you and you had ordered the car before I did.....We had very similar ODs, but if I had ordered my car a few months after you did and got the car sooner, that's a different story.

This concerns me a bit. The last round of push backs puts us uncomfortably close to our vacation for this year. Getting a notification that we need to pick up the car while we are on vacation is not going to go well.
I think you will have notice well before that though. You will have a VIN assigned first and then probably two weeks from there, given your location. I don't think you will get a VIN and a pick up notification within a day or two of each other. Maybe if you were on the West Coast that could be the case. They told me it would be a week to a week and a half to pick up my car and its only going from Chicago to Pittsburgh, which is only a 6-7 hour drive.

That's a lot of stuff! I hope they have resolved most of the build quality issues by now, but some of those I'd never heard of before. Despite how eager we all are to get our cars, it's a good lesson to be willing to walk away if there are obvious problems at delivery -- if you can see a bunch of problems, how many more are hiding and waiting to be found later?
Hi 8rain,

Its my fault for excepting our 2021 M3P, I saw every single issue with exception to the vibration issue. I was told by my Tesla sales person and the service manager all would be taken care of in the next couple of weeks. There was a total of 630 miles on the car in the end and I would bet Tesla techs put 150-200 of those miles on it. Oh.....I forgot one other fit issue it had, tow of the door handles were recessed a measurable amount below the surrounding door area, they said to fix that the inside panel would come off and I believe they said the window too, then they would remove the handle and grind down some of the backing so the handle would sit flush....In the end what continues to baffle me and others is how these cars leave the factory looking like this.

I do know one issue that's been on every single 2022 lately is a divot or chip in the rear hatch (see pic)......How can this not be detected after a few cars and corrected??

Attachments

• AB5E91F9-56C3-4971-9648-1D02E91A660C_1_201_a.jpeg
    AB5E91F9-56C3-4971-9648-1D02E91A660C_1_201_a.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: 8rain
It's surely detected but I think Elon simply doesn't want to disrupt the lines so they just keep pumping them out and leave it to the service departments to deal with after. I imagine most corrections likely only take place when manufacturing is paused for retooling.

I think you will have notice well before that though. You will have a VIN assigned first and then probably two weeks from there, given your location. I don't think you will get a VIN and a pick up notification within a day or two of each other. Maybe if you were on the West Coast that could be the case. They told me it would be a week to a week and a half to pick up my car and its only going from Chicago to Pittsburgh, which is only a 6-7 hour drive.
What happens if they call me the week before we go on vacation and say it's going to be delivered on the second day of our vacation? Will they hold it for 10 days while we are away?

Hit with a new EDD today,

I’m in Phx AZ

Odd 2/14
Edd 1: March 11 ish
Edd 2: 4/11 - 5/9
Edd 3: 5/1 - 6/5
Edd 4: 4/26 - 5/24
Edd 5: 4/30 - 5/14 (today 4/21)

White m3p black interior no fsd

the game continues on........
You’re about a month ahead of my OD, v similar build overall, same location. Will be interested in your progress, good luck!

Have had no updates to this point fwiw, edd: 5/8 – 6/12, but asked SA over text today and was given a range of 5/8 – 6/2. App hasn’t updated so kinda figuring the discrepancy is a typo.