Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happens if they call me the week before we go on vacation and say it's going to be delivered on the second day of our vacation? Will they hold it for 10 days while we are away?

I'm in the same situation. We're going to be on vacation for 10 days of our current 4 week window. My understanding is that if you can't take delivery when they want you to, you forfeit the car, but you get put in line near the front so you'll get a car sooner rather than later (in theory). I'm fully expecting our car to arrive right in the middle of our trip. Ha.

So I finally got my first status change.

M3P, Red, White Interior, No FSD
OD: 03/22
Edd1: May 30 - July 11
Edd2: May 26 - June 30

So strange as the date changes are so minimal it seems pointless to change them as I'm sure they will change again as it gets closer to delivery. It kind of illustrates how fluid delivery dates are for Tesla. Kind of like spinning the wheel of fortune.

So I finally got my first status change.

M3P, Red, White Interior, No FSD
OD: 03/22
Edd1: May 30 - July 11
Edd2: May 26 - June 30

So strange as the date changes are so minimal it seems pointless to change them as I'm sure they will change again as it gets closer to delivery. It kind of illustrates how fluid delivery dates are for Tesla. Kind of like spinning the wheel of fortune.
Not seeing July is an upgrade, though.

DOH! Woke up to this beauty of a pushback:

Previous update on 4/10: May 7 - June 4
EDD 4 on 4/22: Jun - Aug 2022

4 weeks to 3 months - not all that concerned to be honest, it will get here when it gets here and the EDD is guaranteed to change multiple times anyway. Full details in signature.

To compare, ordered a Pathfinder on Feb 16th. Was told 2-3 months. First phone call in March saying between April 20 and May 20 then a text this week saying it will be here between May 7 -17th.

My charger has been installed for over a month. I'm not sure it even works. I hope the electrician understands we sometimes wait months for our cars and covers any additional work as needed.

20220317_140639.jpg

DOH! Woke up to this beauty of a pushback:

Previous update on 4/10: May 7 - June 4
EDD 4 on 4/22: Jun - Aug 2022

4 weeks to 3 months - not all that concerned to be honest, it will get here when it gets here and the EDD is guaranteed to change multiple times anyway. Full details in signature.

To compare, ordered a Pathfinder on Feb 16th. Was told 2-3 months. First phone call in March saying between April 20 and May 20 then a text this week saying it will be here between May 7 -17th.
Wow, you don't even get actual dates anymore. It's almost like Tesla is saying, "We'll get to it when we get to it."

• Love
Reactions: Nick65 and Rodney!
My charger has been installed for over a month. I'm not sure it even works. I hope the electrician understands we sometimes wait months for our cars and covers any additional work as needed.

View attachment 796382
I bought a second Gen 2 unit several months ago after I got my Model Y with the intent to set them up for load sharing. Got a couple quotes for the install and everything was around $1k. I already have the line run into my garage for my current wall connector, they’d just have to move that line to a junction box and run new short runs to the two wall connectors. So I said hard pass for now.

I bought a second Gen 2 unit several months ago after I got my Model Y with the intent to set them up for load sharing. Got a couple quotes for the install and everything was around $1k. I already have the line run into my garage for my current wall connector, they’d just have to move that line to a junction box and run new short runs to the two wall connectors. So I said hard pass for now.
I actually have two Gen 2 units, but only one EV for now. I installed one at my parents house in Nevada, and I use it each time I go visit. So its at least useful for now.
My hope is that when I can afford another EV, ill bring it home and run them together.

I actually have two Gen 2 units, but only one EV for now. I installed one at my parents house in Nevada, and I use it each time I go visit. So its at least useful for now.
My hope is that when I can afford another EV, ill bring it home and run them together.
Yeah they are useful. I was using one wall connector at 48amps and one UMC at 12amps when I had my Model 3 and Y. It worked but sometimes I’d have to go out at night before bed and swap the connectors to get a full charge on both cars overnight. I saw a used Gen 2 for sale locally shortly after and jumped on it. It’s still sitting in the box here. I’ll revisit the install again this summer and if I still refuse to pay the crazy high costs for what should be a very quick job then I’ll just sell it again.

White/white, no FSD, Phx, AZ
OD: 3/13
EDD: 5/8 – 6/12
EDD update today: 6/5 – 7/10

Lmao rad. Just texted my SA yesterday and was told my original EDD was narrowing down to 5/8 – 6/2.

Have a 3-week trip in June I might need to cut short to accept delivery for and am still waiting to secure financing, but wanted to do so soon to avoid upcoming interest rate increases. Appreciate any friendly advice, other than delete the app…

I got no drive to install my Gen 2. I got the cable, but need conduit and a breaker. I guess if/when i get a VIN< that will push me into completing the install.

Till then, it will sit in the corner of my living room...
20220422_101907.jpg

... am still waiting to secure financing, but wanted to do so soon to avoid upcoming interest rate increases. Appreciate any friendly advice, other than delete the app…
I am convinced Tesla is waiting for rates to go up, before giving me my vin... :p