Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am convinced Tesla is waiting for rates to go up, before giving me my vin... :p
Lol such bs. I wish there were an equivalent competitor, would be all over something else and don’t think we’d be getting the runaround like this—supply chain issues or not.

Wouldn’t be hard to make a better-looking car than the M3 too, but seems like no manufacturer knows how or wants to. Saw an Ioniq on the road yesterday, truly heinous.

Reactions: Rodney!
I was hoping for an early or mid quarter car, as it seems that when they ramp up production in an effort to push cars out at the end of the quarter, more *SUGAR* happens...

Guess that is not gonna happen this go around 😷
Yes that has crossed my mind. I have no issues rejecting a car if it doesn't meet my minimum expectations which have already been lowered for a Tesla. I can drive my wife's old Outback for as long as needed. Heck I have a $1000 deposit on a GR Corolla since last year and if things don't work out with Tesla and I'm into the fall then I may have another new car anyway as that car is supposed to be released in October.

Yes that has crossed my mind. I have no issues rejecting a car if it doesn't meet my minimum expectations which have already been lowered for a Tesla. I can drive my wife's old Outback for as long as needed. Heck I have a $1000 deposit on a GR Corolla since last year and if things don't work out with Tesla and I'm into the fall then I may have another new car anyway as that car is supposed to be released in October.
I agree with rejecting. In fact, i have anxiety over it, as I fully expect to reject my car and BONUS if it is actually nice. We shall see!

I was eyeing the GaRolla, but around here dealers want $10k over MSRP to just put your name on the list. NOPE, I am out.

I was also just thinking about the EDD and how they relate to quarter end.

I wasn't too upset when the car slipped past March as I didn't want a car that was rushed out the door to meet quarterly sales.

However, now we're waiting so long it could slip into June where another crunch would happen trying to produce the car.

You can't win for losing.

Reactions: Rodney! and Nick65
It's been pretty quiet on VIN assignments and deliveries. The spreadsheet hasn't changed much either. They appear to have been idle for almost a month so it will take more than the typical June push to catch up. I'm really surprised there weren't questions on the earnings call related to Q2 volume because it doesn't seem like they are on track.

Reactions: Sheefo2k and cf2111
Got an update today! Major hopium!

April 24 - May 8

Is it happening? Or is it just gonna get bumped in 2 days?
I ordered three weeks earlier and am sitting with the same delivery window. 🙄 Let's hope they are prepping to roll a fleet of cars out to the Bay Area. But, then again, Elon hates me.

I drove past the factory a couple nights ago, there were cars being loaded but the lot looked lean.

It's been pretty quiet on VIN assignments and deliveries. The spreadsheet hasn't changed much either. They appear to have been idle for almost a month so it will take more than the typical June push to catch up. I'm really surprised there weren't questions on the earnings call related to Q2 volume because it doesn't seem like they are on track.
Makes me worried there will be a mad dash in June to build and ship as many as possible which is probably the worst case scenario to folks like us that expect the build quality of the car to mirror it's MSRP or at least be passable by Tesla standards.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
I just got a text saying they're going to "build and deliver" within the next few weeks. No change to my EDD.

Nice!!! My OD was 3/07 for MSM, Black interior, no FSD, California

EDD as of 4/19 is April 29-May 13

I am hoping there is a big shipment of M3P’s incoming and no pushbacks :) fingers crossed.
I have a March 9 order with an EDD of May 8 June 12. Hopefully our similar windows mean they will be building an MSM batch around that time.

Reactions: cf2111 and cpayne5
It just makes no sense to me. Are there still people here who ordered before me and have a similar EDD?

Everyone else I see here has a later (sometimes weeks) order date and have a similar or earlier EDD.

I was watching a delivery video on YT to keep my spirits high and came across a comment about delivery window. I asked for specifics and of course this person is in CA.

It's not only CA people who are getting cars earlier. I've seen other East coast people who got a much better timeline than I did.

My dates are in my signature for reference, but OD February 18 and current EDD May 17 to June 14.

1650651437676.png