Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do tell what wheels and tires you are going with ? 🤩 staying 20’s or going to 18’s?
Going down to 18” with taller-than-stock 255/45R18 “Ultra High Performance” All Seasons.

I bought some Enkei RPF1 18x9s which weigh 17lbs. The tires are a bit heavier than stock having both a wider tread and taller sidewall, but this will still save 10lb per corner. The goal is to find some balance between a fun daily driver and a comfortable road-trip vehicle.

Also arriving this week are some H&R springs to lower it 1.2”, but I won’t be surprised if I end up with the MPP Comforts at some point in the near future. I found the lowering springs on sale for $240 shipped so I figured why not try them out. Worst case I waste an afternoon of wrenching and a hundred bucks after resale.

Oh and a front lip and some other minor exterior bits :p .

Anybody run in to trouble trying to get insurance for a vehicle you don't have yet? State farm asked how long the vehicle has been insured and you can't select 0 months and then to select the last insurance you had if you never had coverage on it and that didn't work either. Progressive I got all the way to the end and it wanted the loan company and who the payments were made to. My financing thru tesla is TD bank, N.A. and that doesn't show up with Tesla.
Yep.... Tesla is bassackwards with the whole ordering, financing and insurance process.

I love that your M3 has a bike rack. Was it offered on your order form? I didn’t have the option in 2019, but this may draw me into needing an update. The last time I started the order form I didn’t see it as an choice available at order time.

I just ordered it through e-trailer and installed myself. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Stealth-Hitches/391TES317.html

The install is pretty easy as long as you have an extra set of hands when it's time to put the bumper back on.

Just an FYI...your range will get cut almost in half at highway speeds with bikes on the back. Maybe the roof rack has less drag but the hitch mount really ruins the aerodynamics.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rodney!
Going down to 18” with taller-than-stock 255/45R18 “Ultra High Performance” All Seasons.

I bought some Enkei RPF1 18x9s which weigh 17lbs. The tires are a bit heavier than stock having both a wider tread and taller sidewall, but this will still save 10lb per corner. The goal is to find some balance between a fun daily driver and a comfortable road-trip vehicle.

Also arriving this week are some H&R springs to lower it 1.2”, but I won’t be surprised if I end up with the MPP Comforts at some point in the near future. I found the lowering springs on sale for $240 shipped so I figured why not try them out. Worst case I waste an afternoon of wrenching and a hundred bucks after resale.

Oh and a front lip and some other minor exterior bits :p .
Had a couple beers. New spoiler on the way as well 😜

Attachments

• 0449CA65-17FA-4471-807F-DD301AF7206E.jpeg
    0449CA65-17FA-4471-807F-DD301AF7206E.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 83
I have been playing a lot with the A Better Route Planner app (and bought a subscription to support the devs for building such an awesome app).

To account for what I expect to be a lot of…ahem… “passing maneuvers” on the way home from picking up my vehicle, I added 15% to the baseline energy consumption and added a constriction of arriving to no chargers with less than 20%. I will accept an extra half hour on the road to make sure I really get to enjoy that trip home :p . View attachment 799284

Also I just passed a hair over $4,000 in accessories (including wheels and tires) for the M3P that has still yet to arrive!

Still, OD 22 Feb, VIN this week, with EDD 6-10 May! Almost there!
A 500 mile pickup drive!?

Honestly...I'm more than a bit jealous.

This is my first post here, so I thought I would throw my data into the mix!

Order Date: 3/2
Configuration: M3P, Red/Black, No FSD
#1 EDD: March
#2 EDD: April 13 - May 11 (March 31)
#3 EDD: April 27 - May 25 (April 14)
#4 EDD: June 12 - July 17 (April 28)

Somewhat disappointed so far that it is taking a lot longer than I expected, but trying to stay patient.

Yeah, dealer protection laws prevent picking up in NM, TX, or OK (where my family is). Closest place is Colorado…
That said, it is actually not a bad drive at all, and it will be nice to get to know the car right from the start :) . But, it was certainly shocking after reading all these “I bought it online and it was delivered right to my house!” stories, having to commit 12 hours of my time to go get it :p .

Reactions: mcp76
Do tell what wheels and tires you are going with ? 🤩 staying 20’s or going to 18’s?
D78EAA9E-67AD-4483-963F-A28094208DD1.jpeg

Enkei RPF1 18x9 with 255/45R18 Vredestein Hypertracks. The tires were a few percent worse than PSAS4 in most TireRack tests, but on sale for half the price so what was I to do :p . If I get to where I can notice (and appreciate) the difference, it will be time to move up to 18x10s and 275s anyways.

Between the wheels and tires, floor mats, and random boxes of add-ones (screen protector, phone mount, etc…), my 3rd bay is pretty much full of stuff for this car I still don’t have :p .

Last edited:
Just got an update on my EDD today.

M3P | MSM | Black interior | No FSD
OD: 3/26
EDD #1: June/July 2022
EDD #2: 6/3 - 7/15
EDD #3 (4/26): 6/13 - 7/18

Looks like EDD window is getting narrower which is a good thing and only a 3 day pushback, I will take it. I'm guessing I will most likely see my delivery in the beginning of Q3 so hoping build quality is top notch.
Just got an update on my EDD today!!

EDD #4 (5/1): 5/25 - 6/22

Absolutely stoked that my EDD is getting pushed to an earlier date. Hoping I can get my vehicle delivered around early to mid June.

M3P White/White No FSD
OD: 02/26
1st EDD: May10-June7 (on 02/28)
2nd EDD: April26-May24 (on 03/12)
3rd EDD: April21-May19 (on 04/02)
Financing: Approved
4th EDD: May 1st - May 15th ( on 04/14)
5th EDD: April 24th - May 6th ( on 04/15)
6th EDD: May 6th - May 20th (on 04/20)
7th EDD: May 10th - May 22nd (on 04/29)
8th EDD: VIN assigned at 0947am (on 04/30) with EDD is April 30th - May 4th
9th EDD: May 1st - May 5th (on 05/01)

Last edited:
I got a terrible EDD update this morning.
M3P, MSM, black interior, no FSD, SF Bay Area

OD: 3/7 EDD April 2022
EDD: May 30- June 27
EDD: April 30- June 4
EDD: May 29- July 3 (today)
I have the same OD as you, same spec and in California… the more I read these updates the more depressing this gets… 😂

As of 4/24 my EDD is May 6-May 20.

Im still hoping they delay mine. I would rather wait until September/October to take delivery of mine. I have not yet put it on hold, trying to hold out as long as possible with the details not filled out.

Ordered 3.16 in anticipation of the price increase. Currently showing May 11 - June 8. Ill be the example for everybody to show that its important to fill out those details.

4th EDD: May 1st - May 15th ( on 04/14)
5th EDD: April 24th - May 6th ( on 04/15)
6th EDD: May 6th - May 20th (on 04/20)
7th EDD: May 10th - May 22nd (on 04/29)
8th EDD: VIN assigned at 0947am (on 04/30) with EDD is April 30th - May 4th
9th EDD: May 1st - May 5th (on 05/01)
Ugh. Same pickup location for me, but a 22 Feb OD and VIN assigned 26 Apr, yet my EDD just went to 11-15 May :( .

I think it is because yesterday I literally said out loud “I just realized I only have to drive this old pickup to work a couple more days” (since I have a vacation planned starting Wednesday, and was going to just back a day early to grab my car). Now I have an extra week with this thing lol.

I have the same OD as you, same spec and in California… the more I read these updates the more depressing this gets… 😂

As of 4/24 my EDD is May 6-May 20.
It’s the worst! Iv been watching people get pushed back while my EDD never changed and for some reason I thought maybe it wouldn’t happen to me and then got that big hit this morning. I was thinking I would get a vin in the next week or so in the next batch of assignments but that seems highly unlikely.