Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was always thought it was a hardware issue but this is 4th or 5th post I have seen delays due to a software update which does not make sense. That means something is different than the current cars that it would be need an update to fix otherwise they would resort to using the current software that every other Tesla is on.
I completely agree it’s mind boggling ! There has to be a safety factor with the software that would have to be the main reason for not releasing it to costumers

Reactions: finaufan
A friend just messaged telling me there are a LOT of Tesla model 3s at SJC airport available to rent… makes sense why there was a lull in deliveries last month.

The price to rent for a week…

Attachments

• 259BEE2F-55F8-4376-A4F4-77F4DFA7BECA.jpeg
    259BEE2F-55F8-4376-A4F4-77F4DFA7BECA.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 95
Guys FYI, when you're uploading your insurance info to the Tesla app make sure it is a PDF version.
On another note, I received an email today from someone at the delivery center saying the car should be arriving on Friday. The problem is, in the email he asked me to confirm that I am not trading in or transferring plates. I am doing both, and I have had my trade in on the app since I ordered on 2/20, and I also confirmed the same info to someone on the phone who called from the service center a couple weeks ago. Not sure why there is still a miscommunication. Hopefully this doesn't delay anything on my delivery day.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Monday. EDD 4/28-5/2
Friday. EDD 5/1-5/5
Saturday. Delivery scheduled for 5/3
Sunday, 130pm. Your car is ready now, do you want us to deliver it today?

Uhhhh. Yes. Please.

And when I got home from the kid's soccer game at 330pm, there was a blue M3P in my driveway.

(Text from the wife during the game: uhhh, there are two guys and a car in our driveway?)

I've found no flaws. Great build quality. Looks spotless. It had a mobile connector (which is charging the car now via a 30A dryer outlet). The acceleration is... *chefs kiss*. Made the whole family sick gunning it at every light. I honestly didn't know it was possible to reach 60 by the far side of the intersection. And, yes, I *will* continue doing that at every green light.

The wait was painful. But the reward is 100%, completely worth the pain. Hang in there everyone.

Then again, I've been driving a Subaru for 18 years, so my opinion is skewed. I'd probably be happy with a fresh mule and a three-wheeled Conestoga as long as it had Bluetooth.

Whoa congrats! I thought someone said they didn’t do Sunday delivery/pickups.

It’s weird, I was told home delivery was not possible in my area. I don’t live in the middle of nowhere.
I was told the same when I ordered about delivery, which is what makes me think they are trying to get cars off the lot. If you're in San Jose, you can't be that far away.

BTW, there were two guys. It seemed like one was being trained.

The last few days were bizarre. Pushed out, told it'd be another week. And then here it is.

• Informative
Reactions: jessepotter
Interesting!!! Is there a certain coding in the window sticker or vin that we would know if it was 5L Vs 3L
A few people have managed to get a hold of supporting documents for their cars that contain enough detail to show the battery code (BT43 is the 5L, vs the older BT42), while a couple others have managed to snake a cell phone under the car to snap the sticker on the battery itself.

Reactions: finaufan
Hello Everyone,

I purchased a Model 3 Performance about two months ago. The initial delivery date showed from May 2-May 30.

Over the course of these past two months my delivery date has changed about 4 times.

First: May 2 - May 30
Second: April 16 - May 15
Third: May 15 - June 19
Last (3 Days Ago): May 1 - May 14

This is the shortest the time period has been. It usually shows a 1 month EDD. It is the evening of May 1st and I have not received anything from Tesla. No VIN nor email to schedule an appointment.

Do you guys think I will receive anything shortly or if I will actually be getting the car in this next week or two?

Thanks!
Just changed to May 4-May 14

Two days into another EDD window and another update..

M3P, White|Black|No FSD|SoCal
OD: 03 March 2022
EDD: May 1 - May 29
EDD 2: 04/11 - 05/09
EDD 3: 04/21 - 05/19 (4/12/22)
EDD 4: 5/3/22 - 5/31/22 (4/23/22)
EDD 5: 5/1/22 - 5/14/22 (4/29/22) 2-week window
EDD 6: 5/4/22 - 5/14/22 (5/2/22) 10-day window
No Vin
That’s crazy cause I legit have the same window. Mine changed from 5/1-5/14 to 5/4-5/14 this morning as well. Still have no vin.