Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an update !!

OD: 3/22
EDD: 5/28-7/02
Today it updated to

Estimated Delivery: May 13 - May 27​

I checked last night and it was still showing May 28- July 02 as it did for weeks.

What do you guys think?
It honestly sounds like they had a bottleneck of some critical single component that allowed them to rapidly catch up once that big cargo ship finally made it in or whatever. It seems about 60-70 days was the norm until these recent hiccups, so your EDD is very plausible!

i have not seen or heard anything about this......can you elaborate,

It appears all of the latest Model 3's produced after 04/26 have the old headlights.

• Informative
Reactions: tone228

It appears all of the latest Model 3's produced after 04/26 have the old headlights.
I did a quick google search and im seeing old style headlights on LR models and base.....performances still coming with the newer ones. interesting.

you ordered like 10 days after me and how did you get your edd mid may already. It took 4 edd changes for me lols
Can you provide the info on your order, maybe the difference is in the configuration I chose.

It honestly sounds like they had a bottleneck of some critical single component that allowed them to rapidly catch up once that big cargo ship finally made it in or whatever. It seems about 60-70 days was the norm until these recent hiccups, so your EDD is very plausible!
Yeah that would explain why they pushed it to be so soon, hopefully they didn't just say **** it and cut some corners lol

Are you talking about performance models as well? because I haven't seen anything about that.

Reactions: RuTang
It certainly does when it comes to Tesla as I can't recall an auto manufacturer that has cut so much hardware that was standard in earlier versions to save cost and they are already making much more profit per car than legacy automakers. Elon had so subsidize the twitter purchase somehow I guess. :p

In the same scope, you need to also consider Tesla gives away or introduces new features as well without a charge to the customer nor do you have to wait for "new model year" enhancements as legacy car makers. While I'm not defending Tesla for this move, you have to recognize there is some good and some bad. Not just one side.

Just got a dreaded call. My delivery was supposed to be this Friday (5/6) @Mt Kisco, NY but was told it was going to be delayed by 1-2 weeks (the SA told me more like 2 weeks than 1 week). When I asked why he said there was bad weather and then the car has to go through quality control. I get there might be some weather but how could that delay a car by 7-14 days? Seems kinda extreme. He told me if I have not heard from them by 5/16 to text them... Ugh. Anyone else with a Mt Kisco delivery this week get pushed back? I am wondering if I am not getting the whole story here and there is some supply chain/missing parts... I have heard some cars have been sitting waiting for parts for weeks.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rodney!
Just got a dreaded call. My delivery was supposed to be this Friday (5/6) @Mt Kisco, NY but was told it was going to be delayed by 1-2 weeks (the SA told me more like 2 weeks than 1 week). When I asked why he said there was bad weather and then the car has to go through quality control. I get there might be some weather but how could that delay a car by 7-14 days? Seems kinda extreme. He told me if I have not heard from them by 5/16 to text them... Ugh. Anyone else with a Mt Kisco delivery this week get pushed back? I am wondering if I am not getting the whole story here and there is some supply chain/missing parts... I have heard some cars have been sitting waiting for parts for weeks.
I’d suspect damage during transport, the “needed software update” or the missing charge port ECU.

I’d suspect damage during transport, the “needed software update” or the missing charge port ECU.
I asked him if the car had been damaged and he told me no and that the weather has caused a lot of issues/delays. I mean there is potential tornados/hail/etc in the mid west so it's possible but 7+ days seems excessive. If it was a couple of days I could understand. Ah well what can you do. 2022 for you.