Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P/MSM/Black Interior/No FSD

Order date: 3/4
Original EDD: April 26-May 24th
April 30th-May 14th
May 1st-May 14th
May 4th-14th
(updated today) Current EDD: May 7-May 21st

It seems that whenever I enter an EDD window, I am in it for 2 days at best, then get pushed out of it. It has been frustrating considering I sold my vehicle in preparation for the vehicle and it continues to be pushed back. Anyone have any insight on what could be going on?
They’re trying to get you to spend more money to move up in the line. Go ahead, make that change to red paint with white interior, maybe add a dash of FSD and watch the magic happen!

Might be an income or credit thing. I can finance 60k with them. Didn't try more. I'm prequalified more elsewhere fwiw.
Might be, I just put 5,500 monthly income on the application and I didn't put any money for a downpayment because I'm still not sure how much I will put down, if I end up selling my current truck or leave it for Mexico trips and off road stuff. Maybe I should've put a higher income and some money as down payment

Hmm. How do you accurately know they had parts at the factory when they shipped out the cars? What if the parts came to the factory after the cars are in motion?
That’s not what I said.

My car left the factory nine days ago. In between now and then they received an order of charge ports. We KNOW this, because they are delivering complete cars now. They SHOULD have overnighted charge ports to every SC that they sent defective cars to. But according to my SC, they weren’t even informed and had to order the parts themselves…. you tell me. Is that incompetence or intentional neglect? Or maybe the SC lied to me? Which one of those options best fits your view of Tesla?

My SC doesn’t even know when the car or the parts will arrive. The car was supposed to arrive at the SC earlier this week, but didn‘t. My current delivery date is schedule for two weeks from today. For a car that left the factory over a week ago. So yes. Their logistics are certainly broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kare101
Might be, I just put 5,500 monthly income on the application and I didn't put any money for a downpayment because I'm still not sure how much I will put down, if I end up selling my current truck or leave it for Mexico trips and off road stuff. Maybe I should've put a higher income and some money as down payment
Be careful here. Lying on a loan application, even if you’re under reporting income, could have legal consequences.

• Informative
Reactions: Desiberius
supply chain: no. They have the parts at the factory
OOS: no, again they have the parts at the factory

logistics: yes, their logistics sucks ass.
If they had the parts at the factory they would have just installed them there??

Most likely a shipment of the necessary parts was delayed to the factory when the cars were originally built. Since the cars were still otherwise drivable they decided to just keep the production lines going instead of stopping and continue to ship the cars out to the destinations so that they don’t take up space at the factory.

Now the missing parts have finally arrived at the factory so new builds are now 100% complete but the cars with missing parts are already at the destinations. So now they either have to ship the parts from the factory to the service centers or from the supplier to the service centers. Once they are at the service center they have to balance installing the parts on new cars amidst all the other service work they need to do so there will unfortunately be delays.

It would have been an even bigger logistical nightmare to try to install the parts at the factory because they can’t send a 99% complete car back down the line and they wouldn’t have the shop space at the factory to work on nearly completed cars. Also assembly line workers are not technicians and are not trained to service the vehicles. They would have had to have a local service center to the factory install the parts on all the cars before shipping them out, which would have taken much much longer on thousands of cars instead of distributing the work out to the destination service centers.

all of that typing to say that you agree with me. Now tell me, why didn’t they at least notify the SC and let them know that the cars were defective?

Also, explain to me why the SC would call me and set up a day to pick up the car when they had no clue when the car would actually arrive. I’ve already started my loan due to this bullshit, and paid for insurance coverage for a car that I don’t have yet, and as of today don’t even have an idea of when it will be ready. This is all bullshit, and incredibly inconvenient. I live 2.5hrs away from the SC and both my wife and myself will have to take off an entire day to go pick up this defective car. I didn’t want a car that had been touched by a wrench monkey. That’s why I purchased a new one Instead of driving a used one off of the lot.

also, how long can the car sit there before it completely drains the battery? Isn’t a drained battery detrimental to it‘s lifespan?

Last edited:
They definitely seem to have communication issues within their own company (eg the hoopla about the mobile connectors and matrix headlights).

I was getting at the comment you made earlier about why they didn’t have the charge ports waiting at the service centers before the cars arrived. Clearly if they had charge ports on hand to send to the service centers before shipping the cars out, they would gave just installed them at the factory in the first place.

I wonder if you can refuse the VIN and request a new car which would probably be rolling off the line completed now? Maybe that would be even faster than waiting for them to install the missing part 🙃

• Informative
Reactions: Maric and Rodney!
I never said that they had the charge ports at the factory when my car was built. I said they should have sent the charge ports to the service centers as soon as the parts arrived At the factory. It apparently takes a car 1-3 weeks to be delivered by train/truck to the Service centers outside of California, while parts can be flown in 1-3 days.

I will wait to see the car before refusing the VIN, if It’s damaged from the repair or missing the matrix headlights, then they can keep it.

Can you view the charge history of the drive battery and the accessory batteries? Since the car will have been sitting idle for a month waiting for a charge port, I want to make sure that neither battery has been drained before I accept the vehicle.

Well, another round of price increases here in Canada.

The LR is now just shy of what I ordered my Performance for.

Well, another round of price increases here in Canada.

The LR is now just shy of what I ordered my Performance for.

Were the prices raised last month in Canada too when the prices went up here in the States?

Woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. VIN has been assigned! I’m hoping that I can take delivery this weekend. I got the popup for the Bluetooth permission on my iPad, but not on my android phone. Will I get the popup on my phone once I’m close to the car?
Congrats! I am more than a little jealous with my 3/5 OD with FSD, blue/white. The rumors of “expedited delivery priority with FSD” have been grossly exaggerated.

Woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. VIN has been assigned! I’m hoping that I can take delivery this weekend. I got the popup for the Bluetooth permission on my iPad, but not on my android phone. Will I get the popup on my phone once I’m close to the car?
ConGratz! we have the same configuration. You’re getting yours first even though i ordered a month ahead of you. Hopefully you don’t have to deal with none of this missing or swapped parts drama.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
The rumors of “expedited delivery priority with FSD” have been grossly exaggerated.
It is not a rumor, that is what happened in past history. When i started this journey, i read this thread from the beginning, and i saw first hand cali cars come stupid fast, red car come faster then other colors and FSD cars show up quicker as well. It seemed that us east coast guys got the short end of the stick, but it is refreshing to see Tesla change it up recently and F over west coast in favor of east coast deliveries... Share the wealth, share the pain... 🤣😎

Tesla is in uncharted territory, especially since last fall, as the demand is borderline ridiculous, and they, clearly, can't keep up.

My coworker here in NY ordered her M3LR less than a year ago, and got a fresh build in 3 weeks from order to delivery. She is amazed when i tell her how long i have been waiting, and blown away when i link to stories here about people waiting much longer for SR, LR and Y's.

Anywhom, my car is supposed to arrive today at the local delivery center. I "conveniently" scheduled some work in the same town, so I am gonna go over there and root around for my car and mr. Tone's later today...

Hopefully i dont get the "your ish aint ready for a month because we need to receive the passenger rear door that they didn't install at the factory" text... 🤣😂🤣

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Last edited:
Not to rain on your parade, but I've had a VIN for two weeks Monday without a delivery date.

I sure hope you get your car soon, though.