Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So within an hour of texting the SA regarding the part availability and them agreeing to keep me in the loop on timing, I got a “Congratulations, it’s your turn to schedule delivery” text with slots open for the next three days. I knew better, but went ahead and confirmed a slot for Sunday.

But then asked them and got confirmation that the scheduling text (while from the same #!) is totally automated and has nothing to do with the actual timing of the delivery.

What a crazy system!! Seems to be a true right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing situation. It seems it would be greatly improved by differentiating the auto-texts vs. actual human contact or maybe simply restricting the system’s ability to auto schedule or move the EDD once the part issue was flagged.
In yet another bizarre turn, I got a call from the store about 3 hours later, telling me the part was on site, the vehicle was in line for installation, and that I could pick it up
Sunday at 1pm. So crazy. Trying not to get too excited until it actually goes down. But the rep confirmed all my registration info, etc. and said the delivery time was confirmed.

In yet another bizarre turn, I got a call from the store about 3 hours later, telling me the part was on site, the vehicle was in line for installation, and that I could pick it up
Sunday at 1pm. So crazy. Trying not to get too excited until it actually goes down. But the rep confirmed all my registration info, etc. and said the delivery time was confirmed.
There’s hope after all! Glad to see the parts are getting installed and cars are moving.

Thanks PG!

Muchas Grassy Ass!

That's because we are geniuses!!
View attachment 801367

Okay here are the items I saw...
1. My passenger front headlight was slightly protruding compared to the driver's side. It's really small but I can feel it.
2. On the rear seats there was some oily smudge marks that were kind of hard to get off. It looked like someone with lotion on their hands was installing them and didn't wipe them off so it dried. I've got some interior cleaner I'm going to use on it. (or Dirty Mike and the boys were having a soup kitchen in there last night.. SMH)
3. This last one is hard to explain and even harder to notice but i'm super OCD.. On the Bumper panel below the rear tail light on both sides, more along the side than the rear, if you look at just the right angle and with the right light you can see what looks like welding bumps from where the body panels are put together. I don't think anyone would really notice but as it was a bright sunny day and I was looking it over with a fine tooth comb, i noticed. Nothing made me complain or schedule a repair but just thought you all might be interested.

Anything else you guys want to know?

The ride home was bad ass!!! It's fun car to drive for sure!
CONGRATS brother!!!! That's awesome. On #3 I have seen what you are talking about on other Model 3's, it almost looks like dimples...right?

Reactions: RuTang
DF7D75FC-3A2A-4E4C-9118-A1C3F2CEBB68.jpeg

Hang in there!!

Also, I really wanted to put on my 18s this morning but apparently I bought one of the few Enkei 18s that don’t fit M3P calipers :( .

That said, the ride has been astonishingly smooth, even in spite of the 20s and super-stretched tires.

(oh, got my mud flaps installed!)

View attachment 801443
Hang in there!!

Also, I really wanted to put on my 18s this morning but apparently I bought one of the few Enkei 18s that don’t fit M3P calipers :( .

That said, the ride has been astonishingly smooth, even in spite of the 20s and super-stretched tires.

(oh, got my mud flaps installed!)
Lookin gawwjuss

That's not that bad, did you try getting a quote from SDCCU or other financial institution ? Also, since you are also in San Diego what insurance are you going with if you don't mind me asking.
I didn’t get any quotes because my original plan was to sell my truck and pay cash but due to my work obligations and potentially being out of town, Tesla suggested using their financing as the easiest way to have my wife pick up my car in my absence.

We are big believers in using our personal money for investing and borrowing others money at a cheap rate to pay for liabilities.

I’m using USAA for insurance and am paying a 6 month premium of $597.. so a very good rate.

And another two week window for me… gotta love it.

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
Your not alone...needless to say a bit frustrating

M3P | MSM | Black | no FSD | Mt. Kisco, NY
OD: 3/3/22
03/03: EDD April 2022
03/04: EDD May 13 - June 10
03/22: EDD April 30 - June 4
04/07: EDD May 7 - June 4
04/26: EDD May 11 - May 24
05/07: EDD May 21 - June 1

And another two week window for me… gotta love it.

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
5/07: EDD May 14- May 28
Same exact build also in California with the same order date and got the same EDD update this morning!