Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 3/5, I got pushed out another two weeks today, from 5/9-5/23 to 5/24-6/7. For a FSD car originally expected in April, I am now pretty pissed off. I might pull the order. All details in signature.
Okay, I'm not going to cancel the order. BUT I pulled off FSD. I'll rent it when I need it, but autopilot gives me plenty of functionality.

OD 3/5, I got pushed out another two weeks today, from 5/9-5/23 to 5/24-6/7. For a FSD car originally expected in April, I am now pretty pissed off. I might pull the order. All details in signature.
Yup. OD 03/04 here, my third two week window is in 3 days, still no VIN, so I'm guessing it's getting pushed again. Pretty annoying. I'll be surprised if they come through at this point.

Reactions: cf2111
My OD was 2/12. Blue/White. My EDD has gone from Mar9 to April 23...back to April 10...Then to May 7....then September 23,,,,back to May 9...and just today, the app says Nov 20??? WTH?? I'm crazy pissed, because I don't want to ditch my Audi til I get my 3, but this is extremely frustrating. I didn't realize this configuration was going to be soooo difficult to obtain. Maybe by the time I actually receive the car, they will have changed the batteries!! I'm not going to cancel, but it really has made me start looking on the secondary market. Incredible.

Finally a VIN!!

Order Date: 3/6/2022
Configuration: M3P, Red/Black, No FSD
#1 EDD: May 13 - June 13 (Original)
#2 EDD: April 27 - May 27 (March 30, 2022)
#3 EDD: May 3 - May 31 (April 6, 2022)
#4 EDD: May 1 - May 14 (April 15,2022)
#5 EDD: May 14 - May 28 (April 20, 2022)
#6 EDD: May 13 - May 26 (April 29, 2022)
#7 EDD: May 26 - May 30 VIN!! (May 10, 2022)

My OD was 2/12. Blue/White. My EDD has gone from Mar9 to April 23...back to April 10...Then to May 7....then September 23,,,,back to May 9...and just today, the app says Nov 20??? WTH?? I'm crazy pissed, because I don't want to ditch my Audi til I get my 3, but this is extremely frustrating. I didn't realize this configuration was going to be soooo difficult to obtain. Maybe by the time I actually receive the car, they will have changed the batteries!! I'm not going to cancel, but it really has made me start looking on the secondary market. Incredible.
That is insane. I hope it bounces back to something reasonable.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Some movement, finally!

OD: 2/24 (black/black/no FSD/Bay Area)
Estimate at order: March (HA!)
EDD: Literally never got one. Account has read “TBD” since ordering.
SA gave me various updates, the most recent of which was ”end of may, early June” just two days ago
Then, this morning, VIN assigned!

Finally, some Bay Area action. Hope!

I ordered 2/18 in Atlanta. My car is not even at the service center yet and it was made on April 18th with a VIN assignment on April 25th.

Although it sucks getting "pushed back" so often, everyone should judge the timeline based upon the overall picture. Some people just wait longer than others.

If the automated EDD system just gave everyone a conservative date range upon order and changed it less often, I think everyone would be happier.

You ordered a M3P from the beginning? Did you give them all the required info at the start? Did you choose cash and no trade?

Just trying to see where the wildcard may be or if Elon just hates you as an individual.

You ordered a M3P from the beginning? Did you give them all the required info at the start? Did you choose cash and no trade?

Just trying to see where the wildcard may be or if Elon just hates you as an individual.
Yes, I've given them everything. Cash, no financing, everything that was asked for they received. I was told at OD that it would be 6 weeks for performance model. Now, it appears to be 6-9 months. And, yes, M3P with FSD from the outset. No changes to configuration. I'm more troubled by the change in EDD every 2-3 weeks. Bouncing all over the place. And I guess Elon is mad that I sold my stock!!

I think it’s the charging port too. I’m 2/6 OD with what was ori hi ally a March delivery and now I’m just in limbo. I have a VIN, SA tells me he’s hoping that I will get a delivery date sometime the week of 5/16. Which I guess means most likely pickup the week after? My SA ghosted me so not really sure what’s going on at this point, but the charge port makes the most logical sense.
I am in the same boat. Car was suppose to be delivered yesterday. Pickup suppose to be tomorrow. SA said car hasn’t arrived yet. Hope it comes before Saturday because I fly out to Cancun. He once mentioned charging port but now I question if that was a lie since he hasn’t laid eye on the car

I am in the same boat. Car was suppose to be delivered yesterday. Pickup suppose to be tomorrow. SA said car hasn’t arrived yet. Hope it comes before Saturday because I fly out to Cancun. He once mentioned charging port but now I question if that was a lie since he hasn’t laid eye on the car
Last week, the SAs were willing to tell me the car was in Alabama. This week they are saying it’s ‘in transit’ And they aren’t allowed to give details. No idea on when it would arrive.

also, last week it was missing a charge port. Today I was told it was missing a door. I assume It’s the same thing, but seriously, WTH.

They are looking to deliver an electric vehicle without ability to charge it?

I wouldn’t even accept delivery if I were you.
They won’t deliver the car until after they get the parts and install them. I also believe you are correct that the car in not chargeable in this state (maybe the service centers have a workaround for their purposes). Main concern is this dragging out for weeks, loan expiring, ect.