Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1652467083735.jpeg

Actual picture of me checking the app a few hours after last checking the app. I think I have a problem

View attachment 803851
Actual picture of me checking the app a few hours after last checking the app. I think I have a problem
You put "hours" - I assume you meant "minutes."

The 2 cigarettes-a-day smoker may be addicted, but the 2 packs-a-day smoker has a worse problem.

And then they both have it better than the heroin addict.

And then that person is like, "Well, I may be addicted to heroin, but at least I'm not waiting on a Tesla!"

• Funny
Reactions: cdkee
I just received the delivery confirmation phone call from the Roswell Tesla Center. I am still scheduled for pickup on Sunday at 4pm.

He went over the account and what was still needed. We verified I had cashiers checks for both the loan and down payment.

He then went over what to expect from the delivery experience and asked if I had any questions.

I asked if I could show up a little bit earlier to have time to look over the car prior to my appointment. I mentioned I had watched at least 200 YouTube videos about the delivery process (no hyperbole).

He seemed very taken aback by the statement and warned the more YouTube you watch, it sends you down a rabbit hole and they would rather you focus on the delivery experience and not what could possibly be wrong with the vehicle.

He also mentioned because they process so many cars in one day that my car may be in the back getting prepped if I come too early.

I let him know I understood that, but wanted a little extra time since I knew my car was affected by the missing charging port ECU. He was a little surprised I mentioned it (they must not talk with each other) and said, "Well, I guess that's no secret".

Show him this Jesse☝️

Reactions: jessepotter

Show him this Jesse☝️
Well I will say that since that article was written Tesla does seem to have improved quality for the most part. My neighbor bought a Model Y performance a few months ago and it is pretty solid. No issues with paint, no issues with panel gaps. Interior looked great to me and I have an eye for things and even used a bright LED light when looking at his paint for any defects in the paint/clear coat. Are there still problems? Sure. But this is pretty much any car. I have my criticism of Tesla but I do think they are improving their vehicles.

So after reading several posts and watching some reviews I decided to go with an 18" wheel and tire package. The main reason was to avoid the ridiculous costs associated with tire and wheel damage of 20" wheels. In addition, according to the Engineering Explained guy, I should also see an increase in my range due to the reduction in weight.

I ordered the TSportline TS5 18x8.5 with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 235/45/18s. I got them in yesterday and put them up next to my existing tire and wheels and they are almost identical in height. So there really shouldn't be a large gap. There is a tire comparison website you can use if you want to compare. You just put in your old and new sizes and it shows a physical representation of the size difference.

By the way, I odered from TSportline on Wednesday afternoon and the tires were delivered the next day! Absolutely excellent service. I'll post pics once I have them installed.
What are most people doing with the 20" ubers and tires that come with the performance? Selling them somewhere? Thanks.

What are most people doing with the 20" ubers and tires that come with the performance? Selling them somewhere? Thanks.
I'm curious about this too. Because as much as I love the look, I don't want the hassle or the worry. I don't know if it's a really common problem based on people's posts about flats, if it's a skewed perception because people post about flats.

Reactions: ayd-08 and finaufan
I'm curious about this too. Because as much as I love the look, I don't want the hassle or the worry. I don't know if it's a really common problem based on people's posts about flats, if it's a skewed perception because people post about flats.

I'm sure there's a market for selling individual uberturbines based on the amount of reddit posts I see from people curbing their wheels 🤣 I have no idea why it seems like there are so many folks who have difficulty parking lol.

Trying to sell mine with the tires immediately. There’s a Tesla subreddit for sale items but I assume Facebook marketplace is the place to go?

Wondering what I should expect to price them at, seems like $3–3500 is about right based on the metro?

Trying to sell mine with the tires immediately. There’s a Tesla subreddit for sale items but I assume Facebook marketplace is the place to go?

Wondering what I should expect to price them at, seems like $3–3500 is about right based on the metro?
FB probably the best place to go if you want a local transaction and are in a busy area. It looks like Phoenix, so probably a good area. I like privacy and don't like meeting people at home though. There's a police station parking lot nearby which they encourage people to use for making private party transactions. You could also go to a well-lit public place but crime happens in broad daylight these days...

Reactions: ayd-08 and Maric
I put mine up for sale as soon as I got the car home. I'm selling them here and also on Facebook marketplace.

I will never put them back on unless I'm going to sell the car so if I can get the right money I will sell them. But I'm not going to give them away...

Reactions: ayd-08
Ordered my Model 3 performance on March 9th, VIN came at the end of April and I finally got the text to schedule delivery for Monday, May 16th. Got a few questions:
1) Are the 20 inch wheels that bad and would y’all recommend switching to 19in wheels?
2) Any general tips or accessories y’all recommend
Thanks!
There is nothing wrong with the 20" wheels per say. The stock tires are just very low profile so you have to be careful with potholes. Personally I would drive the car for a bit and see if you like them. Going to a smaller lighter wheel should improve efficiency and tires and are cheaper and you have more options. But I personally would drive the car for a week or two before you decide to get different wheels and tires.

Mud flaps are a good idea. I bought an iPhone holder since the car doesn't have Carplay. I like to do a good paint correction and then apply ceramic coating to my cars (PPF is a good idea but very expensive).

I am going to lower mine on coilovers which will improve the handling as well as replace some other suspension components, but I also track my cars.

Aesthetics there are lots of options like different aero kits, etc.

Hi guys and gals…new member here. I’ve been lurking around for a while eyeballing posts and finally emerged from the shadows. Adding my info for additional data points. Still awaiting to schedule delivery, but the EDD keeps getting pushed back daily. Hopefully I’m much closer than further, but my hunch tells me that something may be off. Even if there was something wrong, I’m sure they wouldn’t tell me, lol.

M3P Black | White interior| No FSD | MD
OD: 3/08 | April Delivery
VIN (4/26): 242xxx
P/U Location: Owings Mills, MD
EDD 1: 16 April -28 April
EDD 2: 10 May – 17 May
EDD 3: 3 May – 10 May
EDD 4: 4 May – 11 May
EDD 5: 8 May – 12 May
EDD 6: 9 May – 13 May
EDD 7: 10 May – 14 May
EDD 8: 11 May – 15 May