Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when did you order yours?
I ordered 3/05, got vin 4/28 right after I changed my color from white to red M3P. Everyday my delivery is pushed by one day. When I called the NC location they give me a different story daily. I am just gonna stop looking at it. Going on vacation so if it’s ready, oh well, they will just have to wait until I return. Can’t plan my life around a dam car.

Hey guys. For those experiencing delivery delays because of the missing charger port issue, has anyone had the missing part addressed and car delivered or has no one received the missing part yet?
I had a vin since 4/28. I was initially told charging port but days later told the car hasn’t arrived. Almost 3 weeks later still delayed. Everyday my date is push back by one day. I ordered 3/5, pickup spot NC

Reactions: Young Phenom
Hey guys.....

So I just walked around a delivery center here in Florida today. It was JAM PACKED with cars awaiting charger port modifications. They had one red M3P with a 4/20 build date (see pics) that I would have accepted build quality wise, it was 98% right. What I saw incorrect with it were the famous "dimples" in the rear bumper on the vertical part that comes up under the tail light, (see pic of red one with circle noting area with dimples for reference). I also noticed the front bumper where it connects to the front fenders was not flush and gap tight (see pic of white one for reference with arrows). And lastly the rear hatch was a tad lower than the adjoining roof section, I suppose lower is better than higher aerodynamically speaking.

I saw a white M3P that had the drivers side B pillar glass section between the side windows so poorly installed I would have declined that car in 2 seconds flat.

I also saw a Model X Plaid with an odd note on the front passenger seat that would concern me if that was my $135,000 vehicle (see pic)

Overall QC seems to be somewhat improving, but it's sad that we have to even think about this..... I pray my red M3P whenever it arrives is fine, I'm not making the mistake I made accepting my 2021 M3P that was an utter QC disaster.

Does anyone know exactly what's involved in this charger port ECU retrofit? Exactly how much of the car needs to be taken apart post factory?

Attachments

• 93E78419-EA79-4B63-93AD-E41B654FB2E7_1_201_a.jpeg
    93E78419-EA79-4B63-93AD-E41B654FB2E7_1_201_a.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 79
  • E9F9530C-741E-49C4-BC29-2AD01F25BEA3.jpeg
    E9F9530C-741E-49C4-BC29-2AD01F25BEA3.jpeg
    723.3 KB · Views: 65
  • F991B65F-98B4-4A18-ABBF-4164B082BEC7.jpeg
    F991B65F-98B4-4A18-ABBF-4164B082BEC7.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 45A67378-F36A-4B59-AE73-2ACB754EF050.jpeg
    45A67378-F36A-4B59-AE73-2ACB754EF050.jpeg
    477.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 2F52326D-8F94-444D-802B-E4E4C215E954_1_201_a.jpeg
    2F52326D-8F94-444D-802B-E4E4C215E954_1_201_a.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Finally made the decision to purchase a M3P black w/white interior. Placed the order Saturday morning and received 1st deliver window the next day. (June 15th - July 17th) As nice as that would be and reading through this forum, I’m not holding my breathe! Hopefully everyone receives their vehicles ASAP!
Welcome. ASAP is not presently in Tesla's vocabulary, other words not in their vocabulary would be:

Communicative
Prompt
Clear
Concise
Organized
QC

But we all still want them, so I'll shut up now😂😂

Finally made the decision to purchase a M3P black w/white interior. Placed the order Saturday morning and received 1st deliver window the next day. (June 15th - July 17th) As nice as that would be and reading through this forum, I’m not holding my breathe! Hopefully everyone receives their vehicles ASAP!

Hoping you have a different experience, but I ordered at the very beginning of March with a supposed April delivery date. Still waiting! I think 3 months is realistic nowadays.

Reactions: 3track and 8rain
After picking it up Saturday and driving it a few days I can officially say it’s the best daily ever to exist. The wait was the worst experience of all time and somehow the car still made it worth it.

Side notes in case anyone was wondering: Has matrix headlights, measured and the suspension is the same height as the LR, and lastly it came with the mobile charger and adapter in the trunk
44EE4208-04AC-444B-878D-C6818DC3620C.jpeg

I messaged my SA asking if my car was affected and being hold waiting parts and they said. "no, there are not particular issues that are holding up your order and our factory is forecasting a may 20 to june 3 delivery date. We will be in touch soon to schedule your pickup appointment!"

Reactions: Maric
I’m new to the forum. I ordered March 13th. My last EDD window said May 14-28th. On May 13 I moved to TBD and am still in purgatory. That’s concerning. M3P white on white.
I was on TBD for two weeks until I called the general number and spoke to someone. Turned out it was ready the entire time at the delivery center they just didn’t update the system so I never got a schedule delivery text.

OK - probably should have been doing a better job of OD vs. EDD

SOCAL - OD 3/20
Last EDD Update Sunday 5/15 --- May 21 - June 4
Prior EDDs have been all over the place --- and I was getting a little PTSD from tracking every hour expecting changes....hence the lack of tracking on my part.

Hoping for a delivery in May --- but need to sell my prior car before delivery.

Good luck out there!

I messaged my SA asking if my car was affected and being hold waiting parts and they said. "no, there are not particular issues that are holding up your order and our factory is forecasting a may 20 to june 3 delivery date. We will be in touch soon to schedule your pickup appointment!"
Sorry if I missed this --- when did they give you a VIN #?
Just check to reference my own wait. Thank you so much