Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wall connector is actually capable of slightly faster charging than the maximum output of the mobile connector when combined with the NEMA 14-50 plug, so there's a reasonable rationale for paying the extra money for the wall connector, assuming it's wired up to properly take advantage of 240V at 48A. Like you said, it also looks cool, so there's that too.

For the floor mats, I went with the ones by Tesmanian, the full set, including frunk, trunk, and sub trunk, and they look and fit amazing. Very impressed. I was concerned that they would look too utilitarian, since they're thick rubber, but I actually like their look more than the 3D maxpider mats I have in my existing car.
3D Maxspiders were slippery when I owned in the past. Do the Tesmanian mats grip fairly well?

Yes. They had no information other than the missing ECU.

Called the local service center and they said the got a shipment of ECUs from Tesla and it was not enough to cover all the cars affected. Then the part went out of stock.

So alas I'm playing the waiting game.

Go speak with Thomas at the Tampa SC. He will give you the inside info that nobody else will actually share.

Reactions: jbot
No, I’m on the other side of the state. Does your SC even know if they’re receiving any shipments? Mine says they haven’t been sent any nor do they have an estimate on when any might arrive. They did say the Eatonville center received some last week so Tesla is shipping them to FL. Hope your wait ends soon.
What center are you picking up at? I’m West Palm Beach and haven’t heard a peep

3D Maxspiders were slippery when I owned in the past. Do the Tesmanian mats grip fairly well?
Slippery in terms of the mat's resistance to moving around on the floor, or in terms of the amount of friction between the mat and your feet?

If you meant the former, for me, the 3D Maxpiders have stayed put, but the car they're installed in has floor mat retention posts sticking up out of its base carpet that the 3D Maxpiders mate up to with plastic ring-lined holes. The 3D Maxpiders also have a velcro-like "clingy" underside that's intended to grab onto the underlying carpet to help them stay put. I actually find the surface a little annoying when I'm taking the mats out and putting them back in when cleaning them, since it's somewhat abrasive. In comparison, the Tesmanian mats do have small strips of velcro-like material at the four corners on their undersides, but that's it. They're pretty smooth otherwise. Honestly though, the Tesmanian mats are contoured to fit the shape of the floorpan so well, and are so snug when in position, that I seriously doubt they'd be going anywhere, even without the velcro-like stuff.

If you were talking about the amount of friction between the mat and your feet, I haven't driven with the Tesmanian mats in the rain yet, but I can guess that the rubber of the Tesmanian mats will probably be more slippery underfoot when wet compared to the 3D Maxpider mats. It's just the nature of rubber. The 3D Maxpider mats have a more textured almost weave-like surface, so they would probably provide more friction when wet, but that weave-like surface is the exact thing I dislike the most about them; it makes them a pain to keep clean, since all the little pits in the texture tend to collect dirt and dust. Simply wiping them down with a wet paper towel isn't enough to get them clean; they have to be scrubbed down with a brush and hosed off to really get down into the pits to get them clean, and even then it's still not perfect. The Tesmanian mats shouldn't have that problem, since the rubber surface is far smoother in comparison. That's the main reason I picked them over the 3D Maxpiders this time around. I also like that there's no logo on the Tesmanian mats, nor are there any holes through which the studs securing said logo penetrate (kind of defeats the purpose of having an all weather floor mat in the first place if there are holes in it under the logo).

Sorry if this is off topic for this thread...

Slippery in terms of the mat's resistance to moving around on the floor, or in terms of the amount of friction between the mat and your feet?

If you meant the former, for me, the 3D Maxpiders have stayed put, but the car they're installed in has floor mat retention posts sticking up out of its base carpet that the 3D Maxpiders mate up to with plastic ring-lined holes. The 3D Maxpiders also have a velcro-like "clingy" underside that's intended to grab onto the underlying carpet to help them stay put. I actually find the surface a little annoying when I'm taking the mats out and putting them back in when cleaning them, since it's somewhat abrasive. In comparison, the Tesmanian mats do have small strips of velcro-like material at the four corners on their undersides, but that's it. They're pretty smooth otherwise. Honestly though, the Tesmanian mats are contoured to fit the shape of the floorpan so well, and are so snug when in position, that I seriously doubt they'd be going anywhere, even without the velcro-like stuff.

If you were talking about the amount of friction between the mat and your feet, I haven't driven with the Tesmanian mats in the rain yet, but I can guess that the rubber of the Tesmanian mats will probably be more slippery underfoot when wet compared to the 3D Maxpider mats. It's just the nature of rubber. The 3D Maxpider mats have a more textured almost weave-like surface, so they would probably provide more friction when wet, but that weave-like surface is the exact thing I dislike the most about them; it makes them a pain to keep clean, since all the little pits in the texture tend to collect dirt and dust. Simply wiping them down with a wet paper towel isn't enough to get them clean; they have to be scrubbed down with a brush and hosed off to really get down into the pits to get them clean, and even then it's still not perfect. The Tesmanian mats shouldn't have that problem, since the rubber surface is far smoother in comparison. That's the main reason I picked them over the 3D Maxpiders this time around. I also like that there's no logo on the Tesmanian mats, nor are there any holes through which the studs securing said logo penetrate (kind of defeats the purpose of having an all weather floor mat in the first place if there are holes in it under the logo).

Good info even though I got the OEM All Weather.

Not much is OT here as we are here to talk about all things while waiting.

Reactions: finaufan
I already started tearing it apart with 35 miles on it so I can add a stealth hitch. The receiver drops out in a few seconds so it can still look stock. I can't imagine how those v8's feel after getting gapped and then they see a bike rack on the back.
PXL_20220522_135200580.jpg
PXL_20220522_142726811.jpg
PXL_20220522_182202570.jpg

Excellent and thx for the info!

Reactions: NateWithOCD
Sigh….. got pushed out a week. From what I have been told it not affected by the charger ECU but just waiting for it to get delivered.

Order Date: 3/6/2022
Configuration: M3P, Red/Black, No FSD
#1 EDD: May 13 - June 13 (Original)
#2 EDD: April 27 - May 27 (March 30, 2022)
#3 EDD: May 3 - May 31 (April 6, 2022)
#4 EDD: May 1 - May 14 (April 15,2022)
#5 EDD: May 14 - May 28 (April 20, 2022)
#6 EDD: May 13 - May 26 (April 29, 2022)
#7 EDD: May 26 - May 30 VIN!! (May 10, 2022)
#8 EDD: May 21 - May 27 (May 16, 2022)
#9 EDD: May 29 - June 4 (May 22, 2022)

Reactions: jessepotter
My house (built in 1951) has 100A service, but at 1300 sq ft with gas heat, dryer, and stove, we had enough headroom to do a 60A circuit to the garage for 48A continuous charging. Even the AC should peak at no more than 20A at startup. No issues. Everybody’s setup and needs are different, but don’t assume you can’t put in decent L2 EVSE speed with lower amp home service. This is more general advice than specific, as electricians certainly know more than I do.
You could probably piggyback off of the dryer circuit as long as the car and dryer aren't working at the same time. But verify with a licensed electrician that knows the local codes.

I've never heard of M3P having the older headlights. This was only applicable to M3SR+ and M3LR so you don't have to worry about it.
@Doodle - I see from your signature that our last two delivery dates align, especially the latest. Hoping we hear about VINs later this week. Too optimistic? Trying hard to just forget about the order for a while, but it’s damn hard not to refresh the app at least once a day. 😆

M3P|DBM|Black|NoFSD|SoCal OD: 5/1/22. EDD(5/3): 6/5-7/10 EDD(5/19): 6/8-7/6

@Doodle - I see from your signature that our last two delivery dates align, especially the latest. Hoping we hear about VINs later this week. Too optimistic? Trying hard to just forget about the order for a while, but it’s damn hard not to refresh the app at least once a day. 😆

M3P|DBM|Black|NoFSD|SoCal OD: 5/1/22. EDD(5/3): 6/5-7/10 EDD(5/19): 6/8-7/6
Wow ordered in May 1st and you are already pretty close to getting your vehicle, congratulations! I'm not sure if we are going to hear anything about getting our VINs assigned later this week but I'm still very hopeful that I will be receiving my vehicle on early to mid June. I'm thinking we will probably get our VIN assignments a week after next week but we will see about that. About to order the rest of accessories for my vehicle this week and start shopping around for ppf/tint/ceramic coat.

Reactions: julit0