Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will get it wherever is fastest šŸ˜‚. What color are you getting. I got a bunch or boxes delivered for pickup. They donā€™t come with floor mats Iā€™m told by a coworker so if the area is wet or dirty you may want to get some or take some paper to put down until you can.
I got the Deep Blue Metallic...How about you?
The Performances come with Premium Interior so Carpet Floor Mats should be included. I'm sure someone here who's taken delivery can confirm.

Since, unfortunately, it doesn't rain more than a few days here in Los Angeles, I'm not going for the all-weather style floor mats.

Accessories: I got the OEM Tesla liners for the Frunk/Trunk/Trunk well. Abstract Ocean Screen Protector and Jowua Console and Arm Rest organizers and CoverCraft sunshade for the windshield. Wall Connector installed the week I ordered my car. Oh, I even got PPF pieces to fit the CA HOV decals for when I get those.

The Performances come with Premium Interior so Carpet Floor Mats should be included. I'm sure someone here who's taken delivery can confirm.

Since, unfortunately, it doesn't rain more than a few days here in Los Angeles, I'm not going for the all-weather style floor mats.

Accessories: I got the OEM Tesla liners for the Frunk/Trunk/Trunk well. Abstract Ocean Screen Protector and Jowua Console and Arm Rest organizers and CoverCraft sunshade for the windshield. Wall Connector installed the week I ordered my car. Oh, I even got PPF pieces to fit the CA HOV decals for when I get those.
I originally ordered the silver LR as the wife wanted that. but the wife changed her mind and we are getting white performance . I bought the front and rear plastic Tesla mats. The trunk liner and the cubby organizer things. And mud flaps

Reactions: julit0

I will probably leave the carpet mats if it comes with them. Unfortunately it doesnā€™t rain much here either. I will look in to the other stuff you got. I have an outlet in the garage set up for a welder. And had the nema 6-50 plug. So I ordered that opposed to the wall charger. See how it works out. The welder outlet has two 70 amp fuses in the panel so I hope it will be ok.

I will probably leave the carpet mats if it comes with them. Unfortunately it doesnā€™t rain much here either. I will look in to the other stuff you got. I have an outlet in the garage set up for a welder. And had the nema 6-50 plug. So I ordered that opposed to the wall charger. See how it works out. The welder outlet has two 70 amp fuses in the panel so I hope it will be ok.
While the max current draw on the mobile connect will be 32A, I would consider lowering the fuses on the panel to 50A each just to prevent too much overcurrent. You mentioned getting the 6-50 plug, but do you have a mobile connector to hook it to to charge your car? The Mobile Connector bundle is out of stock and not shipping until August (per Tesla.com) so maybe you will be Supercharging or using third party charging around town until you can plug it in at home?

I ordered both the Mobile Connect bundle and the Wall connector because I wanted to make sure i could charge at home from Day 1 - but also I thought I would eventually leave the house and forget to take the mobile connector with me if thatā€™s all I had to plug it inā€¦then worry about not having it at my destination or on the road.

Edit - Also the Tesla Wall connector can go as high as 48A on a 60A circuit to really take advantage of your power bandwidth.

While the max current draw on the mobile connect will be 32A, I would consider lowering the fuses on the panel to 50A each just to prevent too much overcurrent. You mentioned getting the 6-50 plug, but do you have a mobile connector to hook it to to charge your car? The Mobile Connector bundle is out of stock and not shipping until August (per Tesla.com) so maybe you will be Supercharging or using third party charging around town until you can plug it in at home?

I ordered both the Mobile Connect bundle and the Wall connector because I wanted to make sure i could charge at home from Day 1 - but also I thought I would eventually leave the house and forget to take the mobile connector with me if thatā€™s all I had to plug it inā€¦then worry about not having it at my destination or on the road.

Edit - Also the Tesla Wall connector can go as high as 48A on a 60A circuit to really take advantage of your power bandwidth.
I was afraid of that. Since my original order date was before the date they stopped including the cords in the purchase mine is supposedly coming with a cord. I called and confirmed and stopped by the Dealer to double check.

Ordered 4/7
MSM, black interior, FSD, factory pickup
EDD 6/11-7/23
5/25: trade in SMS
6/1: VIN 2687xx EDD 6/3-6/7
6/3: I got the msg today to schedule pickup. By the time I checked my calendar 6 min after the text, both spots on 6/7 for pickup were unavailable. So I called the main Tesla line and they also couldn't schedule me, and said to reply to text msg for help. At least the guy on the phone told me my car is at the Sunnyvale delivery location ( I had requested factory pickup when I ordered). Now I'm waiting for a response.

Finally got my Vin! Updated details below.

Originally ordered M3LR on 4/6

M3P White/Black interior no FSD
4/28: Upgrade to Performance
EDD 1 (on 4/28): 5/25 - 6/22
5/19 : Trade-In Text Received
EDD 2 (on 5/26) : 6/4 - 6/18
6/4: Vin Received
EDD 3 (on 6/4): 6/4 - 6/8

Just waiting on the option to schedule delivery! I'm assuming it will appear (or someone will contact me) even if I wait to make the down payment until closer to delivery? To be honest, I'd like the option to look at the car first before I pay, but I also don't want to hold up my delivery (the app seems to indicate that this could be the case).

Reactions: l8er and julit0
M3P | Blue | White interior | No FSD
OD: 5/10- M3LR
EDD #1 (5/12): 8/24-10/4
5/22- Changed to Performance
EDD #2 (5/26): 6/18 - 7/16
EDD #3 (6/2): 6/22 - 7/06

Got my first two week window this morning. I'm expecting it to be pushed back, but the change is good to see. Hopefully I get a vin soon!
Went for a second test drive yesterday (which made me want the car more). I was talking to one of the advisers about delivery times and he quite that I should expect my car to be delivered sometime by the end of this month or next month. I donā€™t know how accurate the advisors are but thatā€™s the info I got.

Joining this thread from the LR waiting room. Just upgraded to M3P.. been mulling it for a while, decided Iā€™d regret it if I didnā€™t. Main concern was ride and potholes, but decided I could change tires/ wheels if it became an issue and the performance increase was worth it. I was going to get Acceleration boost anyway with the LR, so really only a $5k difference. Happy to be here, hoping for an EDD pull in šŸ˜ƒ

Joining this thread from the LR waiting room. Just upgraded to M3P.. been mulling it for a while, decided Iā€™d regret it if I didnā€™t. Main concern was ride and potholes, but decided I could change tires/ wheels if it became an issue and the performance increase was worth it. I was going to get Acceleration boost anyway with the LR, so really only a $5k difference. Happy to be here, hoping for an EDD pull in šŸ˜ƒ
Congrats! Great decision! The ride is really good but I have the same anxiety about the wheels. Getting my car later next week.

Finally got my Vin! Updated details below.

Originally ordered M3LR on 4/6

M3P White/Black interior no FSD
4/28: Upgrade to Performance
EDD 1 (on 4/28): 5/25 - 6/22
5/19 : Trade-In Text Received
EDD 2 (on 5/26) : 6/4 - 6/18
6/4: Vin Received
EDD 3 (on 6/4): 6/4 - 6/8

Just waiting on the option to schedule delivery! I'm assuming it will appear (or someone will contact me) even if I wait to make the down payment until closer to delivery? To be honest, I'd like the option to look at the car first before I pay, but I also don't want to hold up my delivery (the app seems to indicate that this could be the case).
I am in the bay area and still havenā€™t gotten my VIN and i have the same two week window you do. Are you picking up at the factory? I was going to pick up at dublin tesla showroom but if itā€™s faster i will pick up at the factory

5/25: trade in SMS
6/1: VIN 2687xx EDD 6/3-6/7
6/3: I got the msg today to schedule pickup. By the time I checked my calendar 6 min after the text, both spots on 6/7 for pickup were unavailable. So I called the main Tesla line and they also couldn't schedule me, and said to reply to text msg for help. At least the guy on the phone told me my car is at the Sunnyvale delivery location ( I had requested factory pickup when I ordered). Now I'm waiting for a response.
Tesla gave me more delivery options this morning. I'm getting my car on Monday 6/6.

I am in the bay area and still havenā€™t gotten my VIN and i have the same two week window you do. Are you picking up at the factory? I was going to pick up at dublin tesla showroom but if itā€™s faster i will pick up at the factory
Things are actually moving fast now. Picking up my car at Colma tomorrow. They didnā€™t really give me option. But I live close so it works for me.