Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sell it on Vroom. They will come to you and you will get a better deal than Tesla will offer.
I think what the person was saying is that the highest offer is not that simple. Tesla offered me less money than several other options for my trade-in but my trade-in tax incentive by trading in with Tesla was almost $5K. So factoring in that, I got a better deal doing a direct trade in with Tesla than using a Vroom, Carvana, Carmax, etc and it was less hassle.

Reactions: julit0 and toquar
I should update that I picked up my car on 06/02. Got the Matrix headlights which was a relief. Car wasn't flawless at delivery of course as the rear bumper has a good size gap on the passenger side and the passenger fender is misaligned where it meets the rocker panel. Probably going to take it to a body shop to get those fixed as the guy at the dealer looked at them and said they can try and fix them but sometimes it makes it worse. Paint is pretty good though and panel gaps on the rest of the car are pretty decent as far as Tesla's go.

Little update:

EU M3P, Deep Blue Metallic, White Interior
NO FSD
Ordered in Italy via business lease/rental

8 of March 2022 - Ordered via 3rd party rental on
25 of March 2022- Received order confirmation from both Tesla and Rental Company with EDD End June 2022
Mid May i received a message from my lease/rental saying that the car will be delivered in July due lockdown in Shanghai.
1 of June, the car was on GLOVIS SPLENDOR and the EDD changed again to end of June

:) Almost there!

Got a couple day push back yesterday morning. Still no delivery date as of yet.

M3 Performance, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, no FSD (changed from Long Range)
OD: 4/12(Long Range)
1st: EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Long Range) (4/13)
2nd EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Upgraded to Performance on 5/12)
3rd EDD: 5/30-6/13 (5/16)
Text asking about trading in a vehicle (5/20)
4th EDD: (6/5-6/19) (5/22)
5th EDD: (5/30-6/13) (5/26)
6th EDD: (6/3-6/13) (5/31)
VIN Assigned (6/2)
7th EDD: (6/4-6/8) (6/2) 5 day Window
8th EDD: (6/8-6/12) (6/5)

I should update that I picked up my car on 06/02. Got the Matrix headlights which was a relief. Car wasn't flawless at delivery of course as the rear bumper has a good size gap on the passenger side and the passenger fender is misaligned where it meets the rocker panel. Probably going to take it to a body shop to get those fixed as the guy at the dealer looked at them and said they can try and fix them but sometimes it makes it worse. Paint is pretty good though and panel gaps on the rest of the car are pretty decent as far as Tesla's go.

You would have been the first Performance model to be reported with non-matrix style lights FYI. Congrats on the pickup.

Hello everyone... New here, just adding my data points. Unfortunately, I just got bumped for EDD - here in SF Bay Area. I'm hoping the bump is temporary because they're fulfilling east coast orders and once we get closer to the end of the quarter that the Cali orders will speed up...

OD: 5/24
Initial EDD: 6/22-8/22
EDD Update (on 5/25): 7/24-9/08
EDD Update (on 5/30) 6/11-06/25
Trade-In Text (on 5/31)
EDD Update (on 6/05) 7/28-9/08

Hello everyone... New here, just adding my data points. Unfortunately, I just got bumped for EDD - here in SF Bay Area. I'm hoping the bump is temporary because they're fulfilling east coast orders and once we get closer to the end of the quarter that the Cali orders will speed up...

OD: 5/24
Initial EDD: 6/22-8/22
EDD Update (on 5/25): 7/24-9/08
EDD Update (on 5/30) 6/11-06/25
Trade-In Text (on 5/31)
EDD Update (on 6/05) 7/28-9/08
How long ago did you get bumped? I and 6/12-6/26 also bay area.

Got a text to schedule delivery. I have to first pick out my days to sell my RAV4 to either the Toyota dealer or CarMax, go to the car insurance branch, and awaiting the results of my credit union application. Projecting Saturday @ 12 PM ET as delivery day and time.
Congrats!! I feel like a Crack Addict, constantly refreshing my account to see if I get bumped back, as a few in my area have been in the last 24 hrs.

How long ago did you get bumped? I and 6/12-6/26 also bay area.
Got bumped yesterday morning when I checked the app... I've heard when the EDD gets extended like this after you already have gotten a 2 week window is because the app has not gotten any feedback from the factory in a bit so it assumes there's a delay and it gets automatically pushed out. Hoping that's the case and it comes back with better info soon.

Got bumped yesterday morning when I checked the app... I've heard when the EDD gets extended like this after you already have gotten a 2 week window is because the app has not gotten any feedback from the factory in a bit so it assumes there's a delay and it gets automatically pushed out. Hoping that's the case and it comes back with better info soon.
Man I sure hope so too, I am both fortunate and unfortunate in the fact I can refresh my account every 15 seconds or so hahahahahaha, and to think it was my wife that wanted the car to begin with LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: julit0
Man I sure hope so too, I am both fortunate and unfortunate in the fact I can refresh my account every 15 seconds or so hahahahahaha, and to think it was my wife that wanted the car to begin with LOL.
HAHA! I hear you on both - my wife was more excited in the beginning as well... We've been car-less because we first found a M3P almost exaclly how we wanted w/only 1600 miles on it. Was advertised as having FSD and selling for $72k. Thought it was a steal and we traded in our car. A week later after the tesla account completely transitioned we found it did not have the FSD. Dealership apologized, offered to give a $5k discount. We said no thanks, after all $5k /= $12k. They had already processed our trade though, so they took the car back, we ordered direct and we've been car-less ever since. So these EDD fluctuations are playing with our emotions even more LOL.

HAHA! I hear you on both - my wife was more excited in the beginning as well... We've been car-less because we first found a M3P almost exaclly how we wanted w/only 1600 miles on it. Was advertised as having FSD and selling for $72k. Thought it was a steal and we traded in our car. A week later after the tesla account completely transitioned we found it did not have the FSD. Dealership apologized, offered to give a $5k discount. We said no thanks, after all $5k /= $12k. They had already processed our trade though, so they took the car back, we ordered direct and we've been car-less ever since. So these EDD fluctuations are playing with our emotions even more LOL.
Wow, that is Rough!!! I wanted to change to Red last month but the SA at the dealer looked on their computer and said not to as I would get bumped back advising our car was scheduled for the 14th. Not sure how they could know that but am optimistic and hopeful.

Hey guys, This will be an interesting one, I am a tesla employee ordering my fourth tesla in 4 years. Replacing my wifes Jaguar I-pace with a M3P.
OOD 5/27 RWD MSM white prem. FSD Aero
EDD 9/6-10/18
upgraded to M3P today.

Will keep you posted
Any insights you can share on EDD pushbacks recently for California orders? Assuming they'll tighten back up soon as the quarter gets closer to closing and then they focus on Cali deliveries to get the numbers in as high as possible.

Reactions: julit0
Ordered 3/29 pickup 6/6

Pickup was today in West Palm Florida! Happy to report no surprises. As far as I can see the body and paint are perfect and there are no noticeable gaps whatsoever. The white interior is 99% good with the exception of a strange mark on the passenger headrest. (Pic attached) I’m not even sure if I’m going to report it but I think I will as I’m in my 3 day 100 mile window. More curious to see how they handle it than anything. Afraid they’ll do more harm then good. Unfortunately it’s not dirt.

The did a great job prepping it for my arrival. It was super clean inside and out. The car is wonderfully interesting to drive as everyone in here knows. I feel like I went from a iPhone to a android as everything is foreign, but I’m sure I’ll get used to all the functions and the screen as I drive more. It’s going be fun to explore everything I don’t know about the car and sift through the manual.

Coming off BMW M cars I was even taken aback by the acceleration. Literally made me a bit nauseous and I didn’t even put the pedal down all the way. I didn’t hear or feel the road noise or wind noise was anything out of the ordinary as people tend to report here. I didn’t find the ride anymore jarring then my current BMW when I have it in Sport Mode.

I did get my first dose of Tesla hate though 😞. I stopped on the way home to get a coffee and strategically parked in the middle of nowhere only to come back with a car parked right next to me and purposely parked off center so I could barely get in. Of course I was scared of a purposeful door ding but dodged a bullet after checking (pic attached for reference) I came back with a notice of a sentry mode recording but I still haven’t learned how to view it. I did push the notice button to see if anything would happen but it didn’t. So I’ll read the manual to find out if I can view it somehow. There is an “x” by the dashcam icon so I’ll need to read up on that as well.

Overall very pleased especially after having so many concerns going in after being on this site way too much. THANK YOU to everyone in here for such great information and help throughout the waiting process!

Attachments

• 827AA6ED-8B15-4125-8451-726E6D616120.jpeg
    827AA6ED-8B15-4125-8451-726E6D616120.jpeg
    688.2 KB · Views: 90
  • CC7A879E-697A-4F96-A034-9AD218370789.jpeg
    CC7A879E-697A-4F96-A034-9AD218370789.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 2B58D806-AABB-4824-B87E-56069FFD8935.jpeg
    2B58D806-AABB-4824-B87E-56069FFD8935.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 71
Ordered 3/29 pickup 6/6

Pickup was today in West Palm Florida! Happy to report no surprises. As far as I can see the body and paint are perfect and there are no noticeable gaps whatsoever. The white interior is 99% good with the exception of a strange mark on the passenger headrest. (Pic attached) I’m not even sure if I’m going to report it but I think I will as I’m in my 3 day 100 mile window. More curious to see how they handle it than anything. Afraid they’ll do more harm then good. Unfortunately it’s not dirt.

The did a great job prepping it for my arrival. It was super clean inside and out. The car is wonderfully interesting to drive as everyone in here knows. I feel like I went from a iPhone to a android as everything is foreign, but I’m sure I’ll get used to all the functions and the screen as I drive more. It’s going be fun to explore everything I don’t know about the car and sift through the manual.

Coming off BMW M cars I was even taken aback by the acceleration. Literally made me a bit nauseous and I didn’t even put the pedal down all the way. I didn’t hear or feel the road noise or wind noise was anything out of the ordinary as people tend to report here. I didn’t find the ride anymore jarring then my current BMW when I have it in Sport Mode.

I did get my first dose of Tesla hate though 😞. I stopped on the way home to get a coffee and strategically parked in the middle of nowhere only to come back with a car parked right next to me and purposely parked off center so I could barely get in. Of course I was scared of a purposeful door ding but dodged a bullet after checking (pic attached for reference) I came back with a notice of a sentry mode recording but I still haven’t learned how to view it. I did push the notice button to see if anything would happen but it didn’t. So I’ll read the manual to find out if I can view it somehow. There is an “x” by the dashcam icon so I’ll need to read up on that as well.

Overall very pleased especially after having so many concerns going in after being on this site way too much. THANK YOU to everyone in here for such great information and help throughout the waiting process!
Killer looking car. Congrats. Its a shame how some people act.

Ordered 3/29 pickup 6/6

(snip) The white interior is 99% good with the exception of a strange mark on the passenger headrest. (Pic attached) I’m not even sure if I’m going to report it but I think I will as I’m in my 3 day 100 mile window. More curious to see how they handle it than anything. Afraid they’ll do more harm then good. Unfortunately it’s not dirt.

Congrats on your new car. Looks like a scratch or abrasion to the material on the headrest. I'd request just a "replacement" headrest.