Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any insights you can share on EDD pushbacks recently for California orders? Assuming they'll tighten back up soon as the quarter gets closer to closing and then they focus on Cali deliveries to get the numbers in as high as possible.
unfortunately, I am unable to offer any insights that are valuable. just anecdotal belief that the next month will be an all out grind-fest to get cars delivered and even employees have to wait unless you are close to the factory your car is being built at. my personal opinion. I have no connections in that space.

Got bumped yesterday morning when I checked the app... I've heard when the EDD gets extended like this after you already have gotten a 2 week window is because the app has not gotten any feedback from the factory in a bit so it assumes there's a delay and it gets automatically pushed out. Hoping that's the case and it comes back with better info soon.
Got i hope you are right. It doesn’t make sense otherwise. Why would only the bay area get bumped out 2 months. Maybe the guy that is supposed to update bay area orders EDDs is on vacation. Lol

unfortunately, I am unable to offer any insights that are valuable. just anecdotal belief that the next month will be an all out grind-fest to get cars delivered and even employees have to wait unless you are close to the factory your car is being built at. my personal opinion. I have no connections in that space.
Thanks, I have a question. why did you get the FSD if you still have to hold the wheel periodically? I am not seeing the benefit over Auto pilot for 12k. Help me understand. thanks

Ordered 3/29 pickup 6/6

Pickup was today in West Palm Florida! Happy to report no surprises. As far as I can see the body and paint are perfect and there are no noticeable gaps whatsoever. The white interior is 99% good with the exception of a strange mark on the passenger headrest. (Pic attached) I’m not even sure if I’m going to report it but I think I will as I’m in my 3 day 100 mile window. More curious to see how they handle it than anything. Afraid they’ll do more harm then good. Unfortunately it’s not dirt.

The did a great job prepping it for my arrival. It was super clean inside and out. The car is wonderfully interesting to drive as everyone in here knows. I feel like I went from a iPhone to a android as everything is foreign, but I’m sure I’ll get used to all the functions and the screen as I drive more. It’s going be fun to explore everything I don’t know about the car and sift through the manual.

Coming off BMW M cars I was even taken aback by the acceleration. Literally made me a bit nauseous and I didn’t even put the pedal down all the way. I didn’t hear or feel the road noise or wind noise was anything out of the ordinary as people tend to report here. I didn’t find the ride anymore jarring then my current BMW when I have it in Sport Mode.

I did get my first dose of Tesla hate though 😞. I stopped on the way home to get a coffee and strategically parked in the middle of nowhere only to come back with a car parked right next to me and purposely parked off center so I could barely get in. Of course I was scared of a purposeful door ding but dodged a bullet after checking (pic attached for reference) I came back with a notice of a sentry mode recording but I still haven’t learned how to view it. I did push the notice button to see if anything would happen but it didn’t. So I’ll read the manual to find out if I can view it somehow. There is an “x” by the dashcam icon so I’ll need to read up on that as well.

Overall very pleased especially after having so many concerns going in after being on this site way too much. THANK YOU to everyone in here for such great information and help throughout the waiting process!
Looks amazing, congratulations!!! I’ve been a Red M3LR owner since last June (Red M3P is on order). Really sorry that someone went out of their way to mess with you! In my year of ownership, I’ve found that the positive interactions far outweigh the negative. I’ve had:

Random kids stop in the street and gawk as I drive by.
Someone follow me to a rest area to ask about my car.
Fast food drive thru workers compliment me on my car.
Other Tesla owners tell me how great my car looks.

There are more examples I could give, but I think you get the idea. I hope that over time, you too will experience similar positive, yet completely random, interactions!

Ordered 3/29 pickup 6/6

Pickup was today in West Palm Florida! Happy to report no surprises. As far as I can see the body and paint are perfect and there are no noticeable gaps whatsoever. The white interior is 99% good with the exception of a strange mark on the passenger headrest. (Pic attached) I’m not even sure if I’m going to report it but I think I will as I’m in my 3 day 100 mile window. More curious to see how they handle it than anything. Afraid they’ll do more harm then good. Unfortunately it’s not dirt.

The did a great job prepping it for my arrival. It was super clean inside and out. The car is wonderfully interesting to drive as everyone in here knows. I feel like I went from a iPhone to a android as everything is foreign, but I’m sure I’ll get used to all the functions and the screen as I drive more. It’s going be fun to explore everything I don’t know about the car and sift through the manual.

Coming off BMW M cars I was even taken aback by the acceleration. Literally made me a bit nauseous and I didn’t even put the pedal down all the way. I didn’t hear or feel the road noise or wind noise was anything out of the ordinary as people tend to report here. I didn’t find the ride anymore jarring then my current BMW when I have it in Sport Mode.

I did get my first dose of Tesla hate though 😞. I stopped on the way home to get a coffee and strategically parked in the middle of nowhere only to come back with a car parked right next to me and purposely parked off center so I could barely get in. Of course I was scared of a purposeful door ding but dodged a bullet after checking (pic attached for reference) I came back with a notice of a sentry mode recording but I still haven’t learned how to view it. I did push the notice button to see if anything would happen but it didn’t. So I’ll read the manual to find out if I can view it somehow. There is an “x” by the dashcam icon so I’ll need to read up on that as well.

Overall very pleased especially after having so many concerns going in after being on this site way too much. THANK YOU to everyone in here for such great information and help throughout the waiting process!
Does that have a PPF on it? That thing is freaking shiny. Beautiful

Reactions: GolfProGiff
Thanks, I have a question. why did you get the FSD if you still have to hold the wheel periodically? I am not seeing the benefit over Auto pilot for 12k. Help me understand. thanks
I believe the only discount tesla employees get is FSD for free. Otherwise they pay full price for everything else. Correct me if i am wrong

I find it ludicrous that Tesla doesn't offer the park-assist feature as a standard option with AP. All other competitors in the class offer that as a standard feature. I've been thinking Tesla will probably (at some point) end up offering Enhanced AP again for ~$5k for drivers who want things like park assist and auto-lane but have no desire for FSD. Maybe just wishful thinking... but one would think they'd get a lot more people signing up that don't want FSD though.

Is it the subscription or the full purchase for the car? Just wondering if you guys get any benefit in terms of resale value with the FSD being included or not for the next owner.
The full purchase of FSD is included at no cost for employees, To be clear, the employee has to own the car one year before selling it. And you only get one FSD freebee at a time. no double dipping. once youve owned the car one year you can sell it with the FSD as added "value".

I went from a 3 Day window June 15-18th
To a week long window that is guaranteed to be pushed back tomorrow.

My OD is 4/15 White /Black/ no Fsd
Minnesota

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220606-153009_Tesla.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220606-153009_Tesla.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 55
Ordered 3/29 pickup 6/6

Sorry about your experience. I'm the kind of person who would wait until the driver of that car came back and confronted them. They need to be reminded being a dick has real world consequences.

Thank you! It does not. Right off the lot like that. I’m going for tint tomorrow. Still debating on PPF because I’m leasing and it’s expense I think. I’ll probably do some sort of a detail and ceramic on the car though.
I am thinkingbthe same. I am getting ceramic tint for 1300 but the PPF for the front of the car was like 3800 and i am not sure i can justify that expense in my head