Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Seems like your order EDD got pushed back as soon as you switched your config. Have you received no confirmation of your VIN yet? I think mine is home delivery but I don't remember receiving an option to pick it up?
So far no VIN assignment. Right before I switched configs my 8/8 - 9/19 stayed put until it was moved up to 6/16 - 6/26. I hope it stays and I get assignment and delivery schedule soon!

Reactions: MrBubbles
Just got a call from the local SC. Car is ready (3 days early) and will be delivered to me this afternoon between 12-4! They absolutely would not schedule me for a SC pickup. He made it sound like they were drowning in cars and needed to get them off the lot to make room for more coming in off of car carriers.

I will be posting pictures and delivery inspection results later today.
Great to hear, congratulations! I will be picking mine up at a SC location a day early as well. So instead of 6/19 (Sunday), I will be picking mine up on 6/18 (Saturday) morning!

Drop off went very smoothly. It was a member of the sales team that dropped it off. They are helping out with every facet of delivery due to the sheer number of cars they have on the lot right now. She said this location is delivering 500 cars this month. Insane. She had me sign pretty much right away but I made it clear that if I found something I would definitely reach out to get it taken care of. She said she totally agreed and showed me how to request service on the app.

So far my inspection has revealed the following:
Very minor scuff on the front bumper. Its not in the paint or the clear. Almost looks like it was adhesive. It rubbed off.
Same as above but on the rear bumper.
Some adhesive on the passengers side rear door trim.
Interior is absolutely flawless with exception of a TINY little fuzzed up section where the A pillar liner meets the dash trim. Like it got snagged on a ring or something. Its absolutely tiny. Ill get some nail scissors and clip the two threads that are lifted up.
Panel gaps looks flawless except over the rear driver side tail light. Like the trunk lid isnt quite rearward enough on that corner. Theres maybe 1-2mm more of the top of the tail light showing as opposed to the other side. If I wasn't being anal I would have never seen it. I dont plan to do anything about it as its so minor. All the other gaps, trims, seals, doors, etc are pristine.

My wife's 2022 Honda Odyssey has wider panel gaps than this car by a good margin. Overall Id rate the build quality a 9/10. If anything else shows up Ill let you guys know.

And now for the most important part: IT ABSOLUTELY RIPS. Took my kids and then a few employees on a quick "jaunt". Smiles all around and the biggest one, was mine.

Drop off went very smoothly. It was a member of the sales team that dropped it off. They are helping out with every facet of delivery due to the sheer number of cars they have on the lot right now. She said this location is delivering 500 cars this month. Insane. She had me sign pretty much right away but I made it clear that if I found something I would definitely reach out to get it taken care of. She said she totally agreed and showed me how to request service on the app.

Very minor scuff on the front bumper. Its not in the paint or the clear. Almost looks like it was adhesive. It rubbed off.
Interior is absolutely flawless with exception of a TINY little fuzzed up section where the A pillar liner meets the dash trim. Like it got snagged on a ring or something. Its absolutely tiny. Ill get some nail scissors and clip the two threads that are lifted up.
Panel gaps looks flawless except over the rear driver side tail light. Like the trunk lid isnt quite rearward enough on that corner. Theres maybe 1-2mm more of the top of the tail light showing as opposed to the other side. If I wasn't being anal I would have never seen it. I dont plan to do anything about it as its so minor. All the other gaps, trims, seals, doors, etc are pristine.

My wife's 2022 Honda Odyssey has wider panel gaps than this car by a good margin. Overall Id rate the build quality a 9/10. If anything else shows up Ill let you guys know.

And now for the most important part: IT ABSOLUTELY RIPS. Took my kids and then a few employees on a quick "jaunt". Smiles all around and the biggest one, was mine.
SO happy your build quality was good, you hit the lottery!! The crap I've seen here in Florida at the Tesla stores is mind blowing....such utter disrespect for quality coming out of the Fremont factory. Tesla has positively passed final inspection on to the consumer.

Congratulations buddy. Enjoy!!!

Pics or it didn’t happen!

Back windshield finished with the tint
55C38831-5ECB-4309-BD1D-E8EB2B7B55BB.jpeg

Congrats!

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P