Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to wonder if Elon said no more chargers just to make folks buy chargers.

But why would they also include one with purchase? Man, Tesla does some confusing things.

Car looks great btw.
I bought my m3p four days before he said no more chargers. I think the factory is just assuming all the cars going out for delivery right now were supposed to have them?

I'm starting to wonder if Elon said no more chargers just to make folks buy chargers.

But why would they also include one with purchase? Man, Tesla does some confusing things.

Car looks great btw.
maybe because they have a certain amount left in stock they and they’re giving them to the premium orders? And by saying it’s not included whenever they run out they don’t have to worry about complaints

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
For those who have recently taken delivery and received the Tesla charger, was a J1772 adapter included?
Their shop page says it's standard with purchase.

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.38.00.png

And it was in @Ben Tarver 's picture.
Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 8.39.45.png

maybe because they have a certain amount left in stock they and they’re giving them to the premium orders? And by saying it’s not included whenever they run out they don’t have to worry about complaints
But wouldn't it make more sense to sell those, since they already announced they wouldn't be included PLUS they're shown as out of stock on the site? That's what I would do, anyway. Of course Elon may be a wee bit more business sound than I. 💰

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Yeah - I may be able to cancel my Mobile Connect bundle if my car comes with already. I'll know in about 3 hours! 🙂
I bought the Tesla wall connector and tried to cancel it a few hours later. It was already being prepped for shipping. They move pretty quickly. But they'll email you a return label after delivery, no questions asked.

I have two chargers and the J1772 to return.

I bought the Tesla wall connector and tried to cancel it a few hours later. It was already being prepped for shipping. They move pretty quickly. But they'll email you a return label after delivery, no questions asked.

I have two chargers and the J1772 to return.
I did get some of these "Karen" locks for that J1772 adapter though - these prevent people from unplugging you from 3rd party chargers.

Just got a call from the local SC. Car is ready (3 days early) and will be delivered to me this afternoon between 12-4! They absolutely would not schedule me for a SC pickup. He made it sound like they were drowning in cars and needed to get them off the lot to make room for more coming in off of car carriers.

I will be posting pictures and delivery inspection results later today.

Just got a call from the local SC. Car is ready (3 days early) and will be delivered to me this afternoon between 12-4! They absolutely would not schedule me for a SC pickup. He made it sound like they were drowning in cars and needed to get them off the lot to make room for more coming in off of car carriers.

outstanding. Congratulations man. Lucky Dawg.

Their shop page says it's standard with purchase.

View attachment 817734
And it was in @Ben Tarver 's picture.
And yet in the shop page for the Mobile Connector it does not show or mention the J1772 adapter. I asked my SA about this discrepancy since my order came after the cutoff for free Mobile Connectors and I had to pay $200 for one, and he said they no longer came with the kit, so I ordered one separately. Ben ordered before the cutoff, so perhaps he got one of the old kits w/ J1772 adapter? Or my SA is wrong, or Tesla has changed the program, who knows? I assumed my car would not come with a mobile connector kit and it would be sent in August when stock is replenished, but maybe they kept enough stock aside for new car deliveries? I'll find out on Monday (I hope). Since I had a Level 2 charger installed in my garage in 2011 when we bought our Nissan Leaf, all I really need to charge the Tesla is the J1772 adapter, and I have that in hand already from the Tesla shop.

Attachments

• Tesla mobile charger.jpg
    Tesla mobile charger.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: julit0

I just got a call from an unknown number and then a text from Tesla. The text asked me about trading in my vehicle. I missed the phone call.

I wonder...

Nice congrats!

And yet in the shop page for the Mobile Connector it does not show or mention the J1772 adapter. I asked my SA about this discrepancy since my order came after the cutoff for free Mobile Connectors and I had to pay $200 for one, and he said they no longer came with the kit, so I ordered one separately. Ben ordered before the cutoff, so perhaps he got one of the old kits w/ J1772 adapter? Or my SA is wrong, or Tesla has changed the program, who knows? I assumed my car would not come with a mobile connector kit and it would be sent in August when stock is replenished, but maybe they kept enough stock aside for new car deliveries? I'll find out on Monday (I hope). Since I had a Level 2 charger installed in my garage in 2011 when we bought our Nissan Leaf, all I really need to charge the Tesla is the J1772 adapter, and I have that in hand already from the Tesla shop.
RedRocket purchased after the cutoff and had the mobile connector in his car when he picked it up a few days back.

Just more Tesla confusion.