Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A buddy said when he got his car tesla recommended he not charge over 80 percent and go under 20 percent regularly so the batteries last the longest. He has the long range model. his round trip is 98 miles daily and i think he comes home with less then 40 percent charge.
I think the 80% recommendation is for Standard Range. Tesla's site says AWD models should be charged to 90% or less. If you're wanting to keep it above 20% that would give you appx 220 miles of range.

Screenshot_20220620-153341.png

When you guys did a self arranged loan, how did you get the final copy of the purchase which includes year, make, model, VIN, dealer's name and address?
I noticed the MVPA available once I got my VIN. It had all that information there that I then provided to my financial institution (Star One CU). I was able to view it under my account using the desktop site.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
I noticed the MVPA available once I got my VIN. It had all that information there that I then provided to my financial institution (Star One CU). I was able to view it under my account using the desktop site.
Ah got it. Thank you!

How long did it take for Star One CU to approve you? I'm trying to go through the whole process, but considering today most banks close, it's making it a stressful process given the timeline.

Ah got it. Thank you!

How long did it take for Star One CU to approve you? I'm trying to go through the whole process, but considering today most banks close, it's making it a stressful process given the timeline.
Yeah, no prob! I totally spaced that today was a holiday. The approval process was very quick, just a few minutes and then the following day a rep from the CU called to provide the terms and conditions. The process was a little faster for me being an existing member. The "exclusive relationship" Star One has with Tesla will help save time since they fund Tesla directly (the whole amount, including tax & other fees)!

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Yeah, no prob! I totally spaced that today was a holiday. The approval process was very quick, just a few minutes and then the following day a rep from the CU called to provide the terms and conditions. The process was a little faster for me being an existing member. The "exclusive relationship" Star One has with Tesla will help save time since they fund Tesla directly (the whole amount, including tax & other fees)!
I might have to check them out and call them tomorrow after I apply to hopefully speed up the process. Thanks for your help!

I might have to check them out and call them tomorrow after I apply to hopefully speed up the process. Thanks for your help!
Yeah, you bet! Anything I can do to help. Also, I failed to mention that I applied online and the approval process took about 2 minutes. After that, they say they'll call you in a few days but it seems like it is much less than that.

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
Dropped off my girl for her Tint and PPF wrap. Sucks to be giving up the car so quickly, but I know when she's done, it'll be worth it. I was really impressed with the condition of the shop. My good buddy had two of his Xs done there and they have specialized in Tesla for 3 years+. They even have a thread here in the Community. They were already washing her before I walked off the lot to go home, and got down to business. Going with 20% Suntek CeramicIR on all windows and rear (one-piece) and 80% on the windshield. Getting a full PPF wrap in regular gloss, cause I prefer the "wet" look. Two other new M3s drove up in the time I was there...happy to be 1st in. Pics later after pickup!
#teamflatbroke #teamblue

One note - there was an M3LR in the shop and they had to REMOVE all the tint. It was a lease and being turned back in. They said the customer was told by Tesla to remove it.
View attachment 818845
I’m leasing and hate to hear that last part. 😱

Reactions: julit0