Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a week old and has 184 miles! 😂
Same here, exactly one week and 189 miles. Car is driving very good. Got Wall charger installed and charging at about 43 mile an hour. Also got the front PPF, Llumat Pro kit and tint done. Unfortunately they messed up the PPF a bit. I have a small hair and few dust particles trapped. You cant see easily but I know it is there and sitting like a sore thumb. Once you put PPF you cant do much to fix such things unless you rip off whole thing. They charged me a hefty $2100 and yet have some fingers formed under the bumper. So folks if you are planning to do a PPF, find people who are really really experienced who put their complete attention to the job, preferably the owner also helps in the job or at least oversee the job.
Tint was OK, with very minute air bubbles in the back window. Got all the sides, back window and Air80 on the windshield. Will try to post pictures once I get it washed, already bit dusty after a week. Waiting for PPF to settle.

Ouch.....Find a rim repair shop, they'll make it so perfect you won't be able to tell
Heck I didn’t know there was such a thing. Great advice!! Just googled and found “the wheel guys” who have a specific section for Tesla. Interesting. I saw an elderly lady with a MYP and her rims were beat to hell. I wonder how much the cost to repair is vs replacement.

Heck I didn’t know there was such a thing. Great advice!! Just googled and found “the wheel guys” who have a specific section for Tesla. Interesting. I saw an elderly lady with a MYP and her rims were beat to hell. I wonder how much the cost to repair is vs replacement.
I had a mobile rim repair guy come to my house a few years ago to repair some curb rash and it was $75 a rim. I thought that was very reasonable

Reactions: Flatbroke
Same here, exactly one week and 189 miles. Car is driving very good. Got Wall charger installed and charging at about 43 mile an hour. Also got the front PPF, Llumat Pro kit and tint done. Unfortunately they messed up the PPF a bit. I have a small hair and few dust particles trapped. You cant see easily but I know it is there and sitting like a sore thumb. Once you put PPF you cant do much to fix such things unless you rip off whole thing. They charged me a hefty $2100 and yet have some fingers formed under the bumper. So folks if you are planning to do a PPF, find people who are really really experienced who put their complete attention to the job, preferably the owner also helps in the job or at least oversee the job.
Tint was OK, with very minute air bubbles in the back window. Got all the sides, back window and Air80 on the windshield. Will try to post pictures once I get it washed, already bit dusty after a week. Waiting for PPF to settle.

I went with Air80 on the windshield and ceramic 40 on all the sides and back too. I'm not happy with it. There's tiny bubbles in every film. Most I didn't notice, but my wife was happy to point them out. The back film even has a few tiny creases. And they left the glass FILTHY. I had to put the back seats down and stick my legs in the trunk to clean the back glass. And they damaged some of the fabric around the glass by using too much of their spray solution. It didn't dry clear so now there's water spot rings in the back headliner.

My sister destroyed a front rim on here 2021 X3M a few months ago, she took it to the BMW dealer and they outsourced it to a local rim repair place. I could not tell whatsoever that any repair was done. $175.

Reactions: Flatbroke
Hi all! First post on the forum. Ordered my M3P, Midnight Silver, 20", Black Interior, EAP on 6/27/22. Order EDD was Jun-Aug, was updated the next day to August 13 - September 17 and hasn't changed since. This is my first experience purchasing a Tesla and I find the process very unique and exciting, but one thing I find a bit strange is that I haven't actually heard any communication from a real Tesla employee regarding my order. I read somewhere online that you first hear from your SA anywhere from a week to several months after purchase, does anyone have any experience regarding this? I'm very excited to receive my vehicle and I'll be sure to stick around this forum to continue to provide updates on my experience! Look forward to getting to know some of you and be a part of the Tesla club! Thank you all for your feedback!

Great stuff. Same order date here. M3P - white/white. The EDD has been stuck at 9/9 to 10/21. It's about a whole month longer than yours. Perhaps it's the color combo and/or location? I've been crossing my fingers that the EDD will tighten.

I wonder if the 6-8 weeks from OD will hold any weight? Maybe mid August I'm hoping..,

I went with Air80 on the windshield and ceramic 40 on all the sides and back too. I'm not happy with it. There's tiny bubbles in every film. Most I didn't notice, but my wife was happy to point them out. The back film even has a few tiny creases. And they left the glass FILTHY. I had to put the back seats down and stick my legs in the trunk to clean the back glass. And they damaged some of the fabric around the glass by using too much of their spray solution. It didn't dry clear so now there's water spot rings in the back headliner.

Wow sorry to hear. This is one of the reasons why I don't trust 99% of the shops out there. Most of them are sloppy.

Over spray, dust under the film, fingers/lifting, finger prints, knee and elbow creases in the seats, etc...

I would definitely get the shop to compensate for their lack luster job.