Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took care of my financing, thankfully Navy Federal gives you 90 days. EDD sitting at 28 July - 11 Aug here in NC. Called the SA just to make sure on switching it to finance once I get a vin, since I originally put cash as my option while I figured out who I wanted to use. Never had this problem with the first Tesla as it was around a month between order and delivery.

Just took care of my financing, thankfully Navy Federal gives you 90 days. EDD sitting at 28 July - 11 Aug here in NC. Called the SA just to make sure on switching it to finance once I get a vin, since I originally put cash as my option while I figured out who I wanted to use. Never had this problem with the first Tesla as it was around a month between order and delivery.
I'm also using Navy Federal. Luckily, I had put in for financing on June 21st, since I knew it was very likely the rates would go up on July 1st. What did you end up getting? I feel pretty good with my 2.99% with current market conditions.

I’m in Raleigh, NC. What did NavyFed quote you? USAA gave me 3.19 which isn’t bad, but would love to get lower.

Reactions: Chris B
Learned my lesson getting pre-approved for loan before getting a VIN. I thought based on how quickly others were getting Ps and the fact that I'm literally a stones throw from the factory, getting pre-approved financing in early June made sense. And I wanted to see what kind of rate I would get.
BofA approval only good for 30 days!
I'll be waiting for a VIN and/or paying cash going forward.

Reactions: Flatbroke
How are you all speaking directly with your SA before getting your VIN? I've only been able to call the general Tesla Customer Service number to speak in real time to a live human, and that usually requires a 15-20 min hold time. I have been able to send text messages to the number that initially contacted me, but their responses been spotty having anyone answer questions and even then, the answers have been brief at best. When I try to call my delivery center, it actually just goes to the main customer service line.

Reactions: Originalando
How are you all speaking directly with your SA before getting your VIN? I've only been able to call the general Tesla Customer Service number to speak in real time to a live human, and that usually requires a 15-20 min hold time. I have been able to send text messages to the number that initially contacted me, but their responses been spotty having anyone answer questions and even then, the answers have been brief at best. When I try to call my delivery center, it actually just goes to the main customer service line.
Last time I bought a car with Tesla every time I called the 800 number it would reroute me to my pick up center. I had a terrible SA, so in an attempt to talk to an actual helpful person I called the main number and it routed me back the SA I was assigned and he answered the phone…..

OK, can we get a show of Hands for us still waiting as to who has pulled up next to the traffic light and deflated some poor saps ego driving an ICE sport car on take off. lets start the week off with a Hell yeah!!!
I would never street race. But if I did Id make sure that the annoyingly loud car next to me with 80 horsepower of stickers and wings knew that he was still about 300 hp too short.

I'm also using Navy Federal. Luckily, I had put in for financing on June 21st, since I knew it was very likely the rates would go up on July 1st. What did you end up getting? I feel pretty good with my 2.99% with current market conditions.
I’m in Raleigh, NC. What did NavyFed quote you? USAA gave me 3.19 which isn’t bad, but would love to get lower.
Right now with rates I got right at 4%. Never had a good experience with USAA for anything but my mortgage. My wife’s car with Navy was 2.9
I went with NFCU but my financing was locked in early June. I won't brag about the rate, but I will say - I've been a member with them since I commissioned over 25+ years ago (retired now) - so I got the long-term member discount. You have to call them back once you've submitted your promissory note - once I got my final loan paperwork back, it was a -0.5% drop on APR when originally I was told -0.25%....It was a pleasant surprise for sure. You should ask NFCU about it as soon as you can.

I went with NFCU but my financing was locked in early June. I won't brag about the rate, but I will say - I've been a member with them since I commissioned over 25+ years ago (retired now) - so I got the long-term member discount. You have to call them back once you've submitted your promissory note - once I got my final loan paperwork back, it was a -0.5% drop on APR when originally I was told -0.25%....It was a pleasant surprise for sure. You should ask NFCU about it as soon as you can.
Usually every loan I have had with them has been in the 2s. Should have locked in earlier than a few days ago lol.

When did you place the order? I, too, am in NC.