Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's been a temptation for me as well. If I can't take delivery by Aug 19, I can't take advantage of my state's sales tax credit and it would effectively add another $4k+ to the total cost of the car. If it starts getting close to that, it'll be really tempting to look at used.
I'll sell you mine so I can pick up a Plaid;). It only has 77 miles .:D

I'll sell you mine so I can pick up a Plaid;). It only has 77 miles .:D
You know, it's kind of funny, I had never driven a M3P up to a few days ago as I liked my M3LR RWD, the Performance wasn't available when I ordered in early 2018, and I knew what would happen if I did. Or thought I did.

I launched the thing several times from a stop and a roll and gave myself a headache! The Plaid just seems absurd to me now. I know, I know I'm getting old. I'll show myself out. And stay off my lawn!

You know, it's kind of funny, I had never driven a M3P up to a few days ago as I liked my M3LR RWD, the Performance wasn't available when I ordered in early 2018, and I knew what would happen if I did. Or thought I did.

I launched the thing several times from a stop and a roll and gave myself a headache! The Plaid just seems absurd to me now. I know, I know I'm getting old. I'll show myself out. And stay off my lawn!
I was so against Tesla for the longest time. Got tired of paying $100+ each time I fuel up. Initially order the M3LR and started having second thoughts, then switched to M3P. The HP on the Plaid is insane.

Reactions: t-rex266
Ordered the

I ordered mine on June 16th as well and received similar dates. No additional good update yet. I am in DMV area 😞
My date changed today. Pushed back from August 14th to September 11th.

Ordered on June 16th, June to August.
June 17th: August 12th to September 16
June 27th: July 30 to September 3rd
July 12th: August 14th to September 11th

I should've picked up the Plaid😩
I go back and forth quite a bit on it, especially since I like the look of the Model S SO much better.... but I really want the agility of the Model 3.

Now, if they ever release a higher-performance Model 3, I will literally throw money at it, but I think the battery is holding us back on that. :confused:

Edit: Dammit, see, now you have me lusting over the Plaid again. haha

I think the honest answer is that the first date Tesla gives you is probably the right date. Seems like it moves all around for months. And then lands where it started. So I am still expecting 2nd week August.

Thinking the same thing. All these dates seem to be going in the wrong direction. Need to vent.
Been refreshing the overview page waiting for a date to change for the last 3 weeks. Now it seems that between all the new orders for Ps and the folks that are switching their orders to Ps to get their car sooner, the lead time for even the performance is now comparable or further out than all the other EV offerings that at least still get the $7500 tax break among other incentives.
Continuing to convince myself that M3P is a unique enough package that it's still worth the wait and the $73K price tag.
Ask me again in another few weeks if/when my date doesn't change or pushes out.

Your close to me.
Ordered June 16 EDD July 10- Aug 8
It changed this Sunday to Aug 8 - Sept 12
Not sure how much location comes in to play

Thinking the same thing. All these dates seem to be going in the wrong direction. Need to vent.
Been refreshing the overview page waiting for a date to change for the last 3 weeks. Now it seems that between all the new orders for Ps and the folks that are switching their orders to Ps to get their car sooner, the lead time for even the performance is now comparable or further out than all the other EV offerings that at least still get the $7500 tax break among other incentives.
Continuing to convince myself that M3P is a unique enough package that it's still worth the wait and the $73K price tag.
Hard part is no more federal tax credit and my state doesn’t offer anything. They even have some crack pot state house rep trying to pass a bill to remove all free public charging around the state.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
It seems like order date matters, no matter what you ordered. So if you order a M3LR on April 1 and switch to a P, its like you ordered your P on April 1. Stinks but it makes sense.