Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same exterior color with white seats. Also have 35% tint with 77% (Air80) on the windshield and it amazes me how much darker your tint looks than mine. The white seats make my tint look like 50%.

Which matte screen protector did you buy? I started off with a glossy one from SUMK and the glare was horrible. I switched to a matte one from Spigen and it's WAY less glare, no finger prints, and crystal clear.
Totally agree, if I had white I would have probably gone 20% tint. The matte protector I had was indeed the Spigen one. This is just a personal thing. Lots of people love the matte look. It just wasn’t for me.

Totally agree, if I had white I would have probably gone 20% tint. The matte protector I had was indeed the Spigen one. This is just a personal thing. Lots of people love the matte look. It just wasn’t for me.
I put a matte protector on my iPad and idk if I applied it wrong or what but it looked awful on the screen almost like moisture was trapped under, maybe I had a defective unit or something but I am definitely thinking twice about a matte protector for the Tesla. I also have white interior and almost everywhere I've seen said to go with 15-20% tint because of the extra light so that's what I am going to do. Probably 15% all around and 70% windshield. I want to hear more about tinting the roof/back. Maybe I will do 50-70% on the roof and back, not sure yet.

I was just looking at your signature and it made me hopeful lol. From your OD to VIN it took 45 days. That would put me at about August 10th for my VIN in a perfect World, which would mean that my DD can still possibly be in August sometime. 🤞
Yeah, the typical trend has been 6 weeks to a VIN, 8 weeks to delivery, with few outliers honestly. I will say that they tend to focus on west coast deliveries later in the quarter, though, so keep that possibility in mind. Good luck though!

Reactions: unlock
Just got my two week window! See signature.
Model 3 Performance (Black Ext/White Int): OD 7/16/22. EDD 8/5/22 - 9/2/22. Current EDD 8/5/22 - 8/17/22

You ordered on 7/16 and you already have a two week window? And I see another ordered on 6/25 with an 8/17 to 9/17 DD. Both east coast. I ordered on 6/18 and my EDD still has not moved from 8/26 to 10/7? And I'm within 1 hour of the Tesla factory. Starting to worry there's something wrong with MY order.

Od 6/17 EDD 8/7-9/11. Just got a text this morning my vin is assigned. EDD 7/23-7/27This a reject vehicle?
Probably nothing to worry about. What do the last 6 digits of your VIN start with? Mine is 315xxx and was likely built early last week.

Keep in mind that, even if you get a car that was already built, it doesn't necessarily mean it was a reject. Could have just been a cancelled order. The car I picked up in December was 13 days from order date to delivery on the east coast, and it was virtually perfect.

Probably nothing to worry about. What do the last 6 digits of your VIN start with? Mine is 315xxx and was likely built early last week.

Keep in mind that, even if you get a car that was already built, it doesn't necessarily mean it was a reject. Could have just been a cancelled order. The car I picked up in December was 13 days from order date to delivery on the east coast, and it was virtually perfect.
318xxx

I put a matte protector on my iPad and idk if I applied it wrong or what but it looked awful on the screen almost like moisture was trapped under, maybe I had a defective unit or something but I am definitely thinking twice about a matte protector for the Tesla. I also have white interior and almost everywhere I've seen said to go with 15-20% tint because of the extra light so that's what I am going to do. Probably 15% all around and 70% windshield. I want to hear more about tinting the roof/back. Maybe I will do 50-70% on the roof and back, not sure yet.

Here's the Spigen version.

PXL_20220723_181954467~2.jpg

This is how many finger prints/smudges are currently showing up after not cleaning it since installation 3 weeks ago.

PXL_20220723_181640867.jpg

PXL_20220706_204514035~2.jpg

And this is the glare from the glossy screen protector I originally had installed. This is what made me switch to matte.

PXL_20220630_150138727~2.jpg

Reactions: Chris B and Haste
Ask them when it was built. They should be able to tell you the exact day it rolled off the line.
I am still amazed at the reject phobia with people and the cars. I know that things sometimes come off the line and are a little off. Short of the issue gulfcoaster had with the vehicle looking like a government contractor put it together in the dark, the service center can fix things. I have owned a ton of cars and could find problems with all of them. Short of a major safety issue, I took delivery of my last Tesla and just did the service appointment and they fixed everything without question. Not to downplay the amount of money spent least we have the means to have them fixed.

Here's the Spigen version.

View attachment 831967

This is how many finger prints/smudges are currently showing up after not cleaning it since installation 3 weeks ago.

View attachment 831969

View attachment 831970

And this is the glare from the glossy screen protector I originally had installed. This is what made me switch to matte.

View attachment 831971
I ordered the matte protector from jowua after seeing a YouTube video from an Aussie YouTuber. Figured not even I could screw up the installation.

Reactions: Brou
So this is my graduation post. I ordered the car at the end of May and picked up at the end of June. So I’ve had it about 3.5 weeks at this point.

I’m very happy with the car. Like most of you suspect, the reported issues with QC on Tesla’s are overblown. There was nothing on my car I felt desired a fix prior or after accepting it. I also checked out 3-4 other cars on the lot and they all also looked good. If I was being REALLY picky maybe some panels aren’t aligned as good as they could be but honestly the same could be said the same of any car I’ve ever owned.

The stock suspension is fine. There is really no reason to replace it unless you will be tracking the car regularly or just want it lower. I wanted it lower but didn’t want to give up any handling so I went with the MPP coilovers.

The power is great, I’d say very few would be disappointed with the power.

I’m charging 99% at home, and my gas savings is already about $400 in 3.5 weeks. It really changes your perspective of driving when you don’t have to consider the cost of the trip. I found myself going mountain biking 40 miles away because I don’t have to worry about the $25 in gas I was spending on this trip. I’ve driven 1200 miles and my average energy efficiency is 325 Wh/mi. It’s been hot here, and I do notice 30-50 Wh/mi increase if the AC is working really hard. For example, my drive to work in the morning before it is hot is typically about 275 Wh/mi.

All in all it is perfect for what I wanted, which was a fast/fun daily driver that reduced my gas cost and lowered my carbon footprint compared to the truck I was driving. I’d not only buy it again, but at this point I can’t really imagine buying another ICE car, other than maybe a toy for weekend/fun use only.

Mods:
Stealth Hitch
Tint: XPEL XR Plus, 70% windshield 35% everywhere else
Wheels: TSportline TS5 Staggered 20”
Suspension: MPP Adjustable Comfort
Interior: Wrapped the ugly wood
Other: RPMTesla Carbon mirrors
Ceramic Coat: Crystal Serum Light

Lessons Learned:
The matte screen protector everyone raves about is terrible IMO. I can’t imagine someone wanting the screen to look that way. Took it off within 5 seconds!
Doing PPF yourself in your dirty garage is damn near impossible. Especially a complicated piece like the front bumper. Pay to have it done by a professional if you want PPF.
There are a LOT of Uberturbine wheels on the market. If you plan to replace them right away, be conservative on both what you think you can get for them and how long it may take to sell them.
Try wrapping the interior panels before you order some super expensive carbon pieces. I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked the way the wrap looks and I returned all the carbon I’d bought. Worst case, just peel it off if you don’t like it.

Below is on MPP Adjustable Comfort coilovers, just a little lower than their recommended settings. The front looks higher due to he slope of my driveway. The wheels have 5mm spacers front and rear. Tires are 275 in the rear and 235 in the front (PS4 A/S). I have bottomed out in parking lots twice in this setup twice now, so I don’t think I’ll be going any lower.

View attachment 831920
Looks great! Did you end up purchasing a different screen cover? Any pix of the wrapped wood? (That’s what she said)