Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Performance (Black Ext/White Int): OD 7/16/22. EDD 8/5/22 - 9/2/22. Current EDD 8/5/22 - 8/17/22

You ordered on 7/16 and you already have a two week window? And I see another ordered on 6/25 with an 8/17 to 9/17 DD. Both east coast. I ordered on 6/18 and my EDD still has not moved from 8/26 to 10/7? And I'm within 1 hour of the Tesla factory. Starting to worry there's something wrong with MY order.
for what it is worth I have not found much value or comfort out of 2 week windows. I wonder if people near factory get hosed because of logistics in shipping. This is conjecture but the only thing that would make sense to me. They fill car haulers and train space rather then make a whole shipment wait. If one is left over the local gets it.

for what it is worth I have not found much value or comfort out of 2 week windows. I wonder if people near factory get hosed because of logistics in shipping. This is conjecture but the only thing that would make sense to me. They fill car haulers and train space rather then make a whole shipment wait. If one is left over the local gets it.
Other than end-of-quarter deliveries, I’d bet you’re not too far off the mark.

I always follow the principle my dad instilled which is: if the company is truly in the wrong email, call, and (respectfully) raise your voice until the problem is dealt with adequately.

I always follow the principle my dad instilled which is: if the company is truly in the wrong email, call, and (respectfully) raise your voice until the problem is dealt with adequately.
I concur. Flatbroke you have been screwed more times than a .50 cent hooker on a construction crew payday. Have you reached out to Tesla's higher up's ? Something is not right with this.

Well, got a VIN today, but I'm kinda worried. 310968 Seems a little old'ish car has 15 miles on it. Someone's reject? Also went from EDD 8/5-8/15 to delivery next week on the East coast.
I think you’re fine. 20’s were last quarter. From all the VINs I’ve seen in this thread, I got the first one this quarter and am 306…

It just takes a while to get to you. My delivery was delayed so I don’t pick up till Tues. (Texas)

Still no change on my dates. End of August to early October.
Has anyone called and changed their delivery to "pick up in Fremont"? Is that even an option? I'm thinking if there isn't a full truck of cars ready to deliver to wherever your local delivery center is (in my case the central valley which is about 70mi away from Fremont factory), they may not send a carrier truck just to deliver a couple cars. Maybe they wait for the truck to fill up before delivering to that location. Just speculating obviously but it just seems it would be better/faster to just pick up in Fremont. And who would I even call to inquire/arrange this?

I did, purchased the Spigen gloss cover. I don’t think it really helps with fingerprints, but I can’t tell its there and in the slim chance it protects the screen from a freak impact it’ll be worth it.

I don’t have good pics of my dash, but I used the Tesbros kit and it looks like below. I originally bought real carbon replacement pieces but realized I’d spent nearly $1K on these pieces and it just seemed like a waste of money for something purely cosmetic, so I gave the wrapping kit a chance and actually really like the way it looks.

View attachment 832100
I purchased the same cover on my last one. It still had decent glares from the sun
The wrap looks great!

Ceramic coated my PPF and glass this morning after a giving it a great detail

Attachments

• C90A7716-171E-4F26-BE31-3E4DFF0EB672.jpeg
    C90A7716-171E-4F26-BE31-3E4DFF0EB672.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 83
Still no change on my dates. End of August to early October.

Has anyone called and changed their delivery to "pick up in Fremont"? Is that even an option? I'm thinking if there isn't a full truck of cars ready to deliver to wherever your local delivery center is (in my case the central valley which is about 70mi away from Fremont factory), they may not send a carrier truck just to deliver a couple cars. Maybe they wait for the truck to fill up before delivering to that location. Just speculating obviously but it just seems it would be better/faster to just pick up in Fremont. And who would I even call to inquire/arrange this?
I’m in Fairfield so about 50 miles away from the Fremont factory and my local Tesla service center that I went to ask to change delivery to Fremont said the EDD can change possibly since they have seen that with ordered being shipped to my local Tesla Service center in Vallejo. So I didn’t change it.