Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, think I made a mistake here… OD June-21, I’ve had my M3P EDD window July-27-Aug-14. Last week I added EAP and instantly my EDD changed to Aug-20-Sept-17. My SA ensured (not buying what I was told) me that adding the EAP did not effect my EDD. Anyone else mess up and change their order and have it push the EDD back?

OD June-21-22
EDD now Aug-20/Sept 17
White exterior / black interior
M3P
Added EAP

That's strange. I don't see why that would have changed anything since Tesla doesn't have to make any changes on their end.

I guess the safest thing for others to do is to just add EAP post-delivery.

Ok, think I made a mistake here… OD June-21, I’ve had my M3P EDD window July-27-Aug-14. Last week I added EAP and instantly my EDD changed to Aug-20-Sept-17. My SA ensured (not buying what I was told) me that adding the EAP did not effect my EDD. Anyone else mess up and change their order and have it push the EDD back?

OD June-21-22
EDD now Aug-20/Sept 17
M3P
Added EAP
really shouldn't make a difference since its a software update, and can be added via app in a minute. Have you tried removing it?

Reactions: 3geekfamily

OD June-21-22
EDD now Aug-20/Sept 17
M3P
Added EAP
That's interesting - usually they give preferential treatment to those who order FSD, and I would have assumed the same would be the case for EAP.

That's a great point. A good example of that is how they removed the data ports from the center console, and made them charging-only ports, starting with all November 2021 builds. Most 2022 Models 3 and Y still don't have access to any games that require a controller. Not saying you care, but definitely saying that's an example of a downgrade based on parts availability.

Of course, we're yet to actually see the effects of this, it seems, but no longer including the mobile charger was almost certainly a decision based on parts availability.

I've said before, I don't any of the existing models will see any positive changes for the next couple of years. They're going to be hyper-focused on ramping up production of the Cybertruck and Semi, and will leave the existing models by the wayside for a bit. I don't think we will see any meaningful changes in the Model 3 until ~late 2024, especially since they just made some major changes in the past year, with the minor facelift, new MCU, etc.

What will definitely happen when they change to the 2023 model year: nothing.

What COULD happen in the few months left between now and then: Removing more features, price increases, etc.

Get one while you can. :)
Agreed and I do care about the games requiring a controller. 😁No Centipede / Tempest / Missile command? I hear that we may be able to put a Service Appt in and get a software push for the games to the car. I have been shopping for an X-Box controller - but yeah - to only be able to plug in to the Glovebox because all USB-C ports are just power only?

Lumbar support on the Passenger seat was another feature that got taken off to save costs (rather - increase margins) on the car.

Those folks that had builds made short ECU chips were so screwed over, too. Tesla was shipping newer orders with ECU chips and delivering around the ones that had already been built. The ones already transported had to wait for separate ECU Chips direct to whatever Service Center they were stranded at - waiting for cars while ones built a few months later were delivering to more recent orders.

Get one while you can.👍

The funny thing about their mobile connector decision is that they said they wouldn't be included with any cars ordered after mid-April, yet every person here who has ordered after mid-April has had the mobile connector kit in the trunk at delivery.

Tesla gonna Tesla.
I thought maybe they took its availability to out of stock and are depleting what they had left in inventory on orders. Really push people towards the more expensive wall charger.

I have no idea what the issue is. I haven’t called anymore. I’m gonna ride it out and see how long it takes. I start my 5th two week window in 2 days. See what happens. The one thing that is irritating is the interest rate hikes. That’s where I feel slighted. While it’s only a marginal increase each time it’s still money out.

OD 4/14/22 M3LR DD 6/6-7/11 5/5/22 Switch to M3P DD 5/28-6/11 5/19 DD 6/8-7/6 DD 6/12-6/26 6/13 DD July 6- August 10 (6/24) July 9- August 6 7/8) DD 7/15-7/ 29 New7/16. Is 7/23 to 8/6. Trade in Text received May 19th.
Flatbroke,
I just don't get it. So now you have an EDD of 7/23 to 8/6 and still no VIN? It seems there may be something to Tesla prioritizing distant deliveries and saving the local deliveries for EOQ? Has anyone local received a VIN/delivery date in Q3 yet? Scary since we're only 1/3 of the way through Q3. But I just don't see any reason why folks are getting cars across the country that ordered after you. Just shouldn't happen. And no one has been able to explain why? I really need to see some local folks getting VINs/cars in the coming days.

Flatbroke,
I just don't get it. So now you have an EDD of 7/23 to 8/6 and still no VIN? It seems there may be something to Tesla prioritizing distant deliveries and saving the local deliveries for EOQ? Has anyone local received a VIN/delivery date in Q3 yet? Scary since we're only 1/3 of the way through Q3. But I just don't see any reason why folks are getting cars across the country that ordered after you. Just shouldn't happen. And no one has been able to explain why? I really need to see some local folks getting VINs/cars in the coming days.
End of last quarter saw a few posters here picking up their cars at Fremont and the surrounding area. I really think there's some kind of system glitch causing Flatbroke not to get his car.

That backfired on me. It made me buy a 40 amp charger from Amazon. But at least now I have a spare.
I had to buy 14-50 one for my VW Id4 I had for about a year. Only thing that came with it was a hard wired 5-15 plug which netted me the standard 3 miles per hour. I did however keep the 14-50 Tesla adapter from my SR+ in the chance I went back to another Tesla down the road. Didn't want to risk only having the one from amazon and then I have no mobile charger for when I am out of town for work.

I cant even tell what's wrong with it so I'm sure you're fine. Enjoy the sweet ride!
Thank you! To be honest doing a full inspection today and I can’t even see it anymore!!! 😂Maybe door just needed a good open and close to realign.

0EE57320-D9B2-4AAC-8E1B-C1A37D5AA4C2.jpeg