Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla originally said 48 and now it's 37...I'm at carmax now
I always got good deals with Carvana and not the carmax near me. The one near me wanted to knock off money since she said the vehicle didn’t have a sunroof. It was a fully loaded Silverado with off road package from the factory and she was too dumb to realize and only cared about the roof. They don’t alway train their people the best.

Arrived at Fremont Factory an hour early. Found the car being detailed. They did a great job inside and out. Did not notice any imperfections at all. Inside was super clean too. Thank you to all that hung out with me waiting for this day. They would not let me inside until I accepted delivery. Also it was missing the 14-50 plug. I put in a claim for that. View attachment 839289View attachment 839290View attachment 839291
Biggest Congrats! It's about time! So happy for you!

I always got good deals with Carvana and not the carmax near me. The one near me wanted to knock off money since she said the vehicle didn’t have a sunroof. It was a fully loaded Silverado with off road package from the factory and she was too dumb to realize and only cared about the roof. They don’t alway train their people the best.
I recently sold my '20 Civic Si and Carvana offered 23.5k, Tesla 25k, and Carmax 28k. I took carmax's offer and ran lol

Where is that? They mentioned it in the text but not sure what they mean.
It is in your online account. towards the bottom right of the page under the "Documents" Section

1660268879405.png

Arrived at Fremont Factory an hour early. Found the car being detailed. They did a great job inside and out. Did not notice any imperfections at all. Inside was super clean too. Thank you to all that hung out with me waiting for this day. They would not let me inside until I accepted delivery. Also it was missing the 14-50 plug. I put in a claim for that. View attachment 839289View attachment 839290View attachment 839291
Congratulations @Flatbroke - so happy you finally have it !!

Yeah, in my experience, the text line is pretty useless. (If anyone's experience differs, please share.) They took days to respond, and only told me what was plainly obvious from a glance at my account.
Mine was decent. Usually 24 hours or less.
Got the test today that my M3P has left Fremont. I’m in Tampa. My EDD is 8/23-8/27. Is is possible that it arrives prior to this window?
Anything is possible. Mine was moved back as truck hadn’t dropped it, then they called the next day saying I can go back to my delivery date. Super accommodating. Best advise I have is be nice to them. Some will help you based on attitude.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
has anyone used carvana to sell their car? they will give me $48,000
Also check Driveway, CarBuyUSA, and WeBuyAnyCar.

I've sold a few cars and carvava, along with CarBuyUSA cut the biggest checks.

YMMV, but worth a shot to get some bids from the others too.
SMH, I've seen stuff like that before and it just makes you cringe. You could have probably drew sunroof and gotten away with it.

On another note, no updates yet. Eagerly waiting for an update. Getting close.....

Hi DNSTommy,

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. I've come to realize after rejecting 3 Model 3 Performance but seeing some here receive perfect ones that its shear luck that all the stars aligned in Fremont when a Tesla rolls out without issues. They clearly have no final checks in place. I remember posting a link to the Tesla career page here a couple months ago showing their QC position and it only required a HS diploma and paid like $15-17 an hour😳

On another note......everybody SIT DOWN!!, I accepted Model 3 Performance number 4 todayView attachment 839455. They replace the carbon rear spoiler in a couple weeks, and I'm inclined to leave the small paint bump alone so it doesn't possibly open up a BIG can of worms....meaning repainting the door.
Congratulation!

I’ve been watching you all go through the highs and lows of waiting since I ordered my M3P White/Black on June 21st. It’s been very informative and has helped with the angst. My EDD only changed twice before I got my 2 week EDD on Monday and then my VIN assignment on Wednesday. I’m scheduled to take delivery on Sunday at noon

I’m a little concerned that this might be a rejected vehicle because the VIN is 325xxx and I’m seeing VINs that are 328, 329 and 330 that were assigned a few days before mine was. Will they disclose if the vehicle has been rejected previously if asked? I do have an inspection check list and time so I guess I will need to do a very close inspection. Is this something to be concerned about?

I’ve been watching you all go through the highs and lows of waiting since I ordered my M3P White/Black on June 21st. It’s been very informative and has helped with the angst. My EDD only changed twice before I got my 2 week EDD on Monday and then my VIN assignment on Wednesday. I’m scheduled to take delivery on Sunday at noon

I’m a little concerned that this might be a rejected vehicle because the VIN is 325xxx and I’m seeing VINs that are 328, 329 and 330 that were assigned a few days before mine was. Will they disclose if the vehicle has been rejected previously if asked? I do have an inspection check list and time so I guess I will need to do a very close inspection. Is this something to be concerned about?
Congrats on the VIN!

It doesn't hurt to ask if it's been rejected. It's best to check it out yourself and see if it meets your own standards, though. It's possible that somebody just couldn't take delivery when Tesla sprung it on them. Or maybe they showed up with calipers and found a 0.5 mm asymmetry in the panel gaps. Definitely take all the time you need in order to make sure you're happy with it!

Reactions: julit0