Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also just received a 2-week window this morning (M3P/MSM/Black). For those keeping score:

OD: 07/01/22
1st EDD: 9/3 - 10/15
2nd EDD: 8/22 - 9/26
3rd EDD: 8/24 - 9/21
2-week: 8/28 - 9/11 (2-week window assigned 49 days after ordering)

To those who have recently ordered a M3P and want to get a sense of what current timelines are looking like, I’ve been keeping track and these are the current GENERAL averages as of August 2022 for Model 3 Performance trims (of course there are exceptions to the timelines below, but this is what you could reasonably expect):
  • The delivery estimate on the general order page is typically about a month optimistic
  • When you actually place an order your immediate assigned date range will be 2-3 months out
  • Once you finish your tasks in the app (do them right away), within a few days you’ll be moved up to a slightly sooner date with a date range that spans more than 30 days
  • A lot more variability on this one, but roughly a month after your OD you will receive a new time window that’s often pushed up to be a tiny bit sooner, but this new date range spans just under 30 days
  • Roughly 15 days after that most recent date range update you’ll be assigned a new 2-week window. We’re not 100% sure what triggers the golden 2-week window, but current thinking is this means your car is about to be built on the assembly line. At this point you've typically placed your order 1.5 months ago.
  • On average you’ll receive a VIN roughly 5-7 days after you receive your 2-week window, but again there’s a lot of variability on this one.
  • People have officially been taking delivery about 2 weeks after they receive their VIN. On average people are taking delivery 8 or 9 days into their 2-week window.
  • All in, you’re taking delivery roughly 2 months after your OD.
Again, there are definitely exceptions to the above going both ways (shorter and longer timelines), but 7 or 8 out of every 10 of you can expect that your timeline will roughly follow the outline above.

To those who have recently ordered a M3P and want to get a sense of what current timelines are looking like, I’ve been keeping track and these are the current GENERAL averages as of August 2022 for Model 3 Performance trims (of course there are exceptions to the timelines below, but this is what you could reasonably expect):
  • The delivery estimate on the general order page is typically about a month optimistic
  • When you actually place an order your immediate assigned date range will be 2-3 months out
  • Once you finish your tasks in the app (do them right away), within a few days you’ll be moved up to a slightly sooner date with a date range that spans more than 30 days
  • A lot more variability on this one, but roughly a month after your OD you will receive a new time window that’s often pushed up to be a tiny bit sooner, but this new date range spans just under 30 days
  • Roughly 15 days after that most recent date range update you’ll be assigned a new 2-week window. We’re not 100% sure what triggers the golden 2-week window, but current thinking is this means your car is about to be built on the assembly line. At this point you've typically placed your order 1.5 months ago.
  • On average you’ll receive a VIN roughly 5-7 days after you receive your 2-week window, but again there’s a lot of variability on this one.
  • People have officially been taking delivery about 2 weeks after they receive their VIN. On average people are taking delivery 8 or 9 days into their 2-week window.
Again, there are definitely exceptions to the above going both ways (shorter and longer timelines), but 7 or 8 out of every 10 of you can expect that your timeline will roughly follow the outline above.
This is also true for MYP orders. My first timeline was Aug - Oct right after I ordered. Completed my profile and it went down to a 5 week window. After waiting for over a month it changed into a 4-week window and then 11 days later changed to a 2-week window. I'm now waiting for a VIN

• Informative
Reactions: Alkor and unlock
I just finished charging at work. total miles driven since ownership 669 total cost spent charging $148
Wow! That's steep. Supercharging is definitely not very cost effective. One of the supercharger stations I was using charged $0.90/minute. Luckily my work installed a few charging stations for us to use for free and I have a 100 mile commute round trip, so I only have to charge at home on weekends if needed. I've spent $197 in charging over 4,770 miles. Over $100 spent at superchargers on 2 road trips.

Wow! That's steep. Supercharging is definitely not very cost effective. One of the supercharger stations I was using charged $0.90/minute. Luckily my work installed a few charging stations for us to use for free and I have a 100 mile commute round trip, so I only have to charge at home on weekends if needed. I've spent $197 in charging over 4,770 miles. Over $100 spent at superchargers on 2 road trips.
I have 100 mile round trip too. I need to figure out a way to use the free chargers at my wifes work

Reactions: dgoodlan
Also just received a 2-week window this morning (M3P/MSM/Black). For those keeping score:

OD: 07/01/22
1st EDD: 9/3 - 10/15
2nd EDD: 8/22 - 9/26
3rd EDD: 8/24 - 9/21
2-week: 8/28 - 9/11 (2-week window assigned 49 days after ordering)

My OD was 7/29
First EDD 9/9 - 10/14
Current EDD 9/12 - 10/10

I completed all the tasks I could the same day including Tesla financing. I have an offer there that I haven't accepted yet. So that task isn't marked completed yet.

My SA recommended to set financing to cash until a VIN is assigned. Then once assigned, we can explore financing options then. This would lose the initial offer.

Think I should do what the SA recommends to keep my tasks up to date? Will that help delivery timeline?

My OD was 7/29
First EDD 9/9 - 10/14
Current EDD 9/12 - 10/10

I completed all the tasks I could the same day including Tesla financing. I have an offer there that I haven't accepted yet. So that task isn't marked completed yet.

My SA recommended to set financing to cash until a VIN is assigned. Then once assigned, we can explore financing options then. This would lose the initial offer.

Think I should do what the SA recommends to keep my tasks up to date? Will that help delivery timeline?
Yes, you should set it to cash and seek financing once a VIN is assigned. You are unlikely to have your vehicle in the next 30 days, so the financing offer will expire anyway.

Car has left the factory and will be here around Aug 31!

For those curious and with new orders, my full order journey has been as follows:

OD: 06/27
Color: White/White
Region: Washington DC

EDDs:
1. Jun 28: Aug 26 - Sep 30
2. Jul 30: Aug 21 - Sep 17
3. Aug 05: Aug 25 - Sep 08
4. Aug 12: Aug 26 - Sep 08
5. Aug 16: Aug 30 - Sep 03

Non EDD Key Updates.
1. Aug 13: Text asking about trade in
2. Aug 18: Car left the factory!
3. Aug 19: Text update stating car to arrive in DC ‘around’ Aug 31

wowza, i used a super charger for the first time today. 345 am off peak, looked on line rate indicated 26 cents. charged to 80 percent. from 25 percent, cost ended up being .46 cents kwh. total $21 bucks. wont make that mistake again, it was pretty fast though about 25 min to get to 80 percent. Charging is free at my wife's work but its open to the public and only 4 stalls. its .26 cents at my work, no flat use fee either. but the stalls are assigned to people higher up in the food chain. I slipped in for a 2 hr charge before they get here today. LOL. My home charge rate is .31 for tier 1 and .39 for tier 2. prior to getting an electric vehicle i was 31 away from being in tier 3 each month tier 3 goes to .49 cents. its pretty expensive to operate the tesla compared to the prius. But dang it is soooo much more fun, I have spent $144 in charging fees since getting the car on 8/10 LOL. the prius used $40 in gas a week when it was $6 a gallon. used to be low $20s before things went crazy. Only adding this info for those that may not understand the cost of charging, My wife had no idea.

I can get a electric vehicle rate plan but it raises the lower tier to . 33 cents and the upper is over 39 . still trying to navigate the charging thing to best suit my needs. The money isnt an issue, i am just taking it as a challenge to try and see how i can operate it the cheapest. IT is HELL of FUN to Drive
Wow, electricity is expensive in CA

Car has left the factory and will be here around Aug 31!

For those curious and with new orders, my full order journey has been as follows:

OD: 06/27
Color: White/White
Region: Washington DC

EDDs:
1. Jun 28: Aug 26 - Sep 30
2. Jul 30: Aug 21 - Sep 17
3. Aug 05: Aug 25 - Sep 08
4. Aug 12: Aug 26 - Sep 08
5. Aug 16: Aug 30 - Sep 03

Non EDD Key Updates.
1. Aug 13: Text asking about trade in
2. Aug 18: Car left the factory!
3. Aug 19: Text update stating car to arrive in DC ‘around’ Aug 31
I wish Model Y's were this quick. I have my two week window at 08/31 - 09/14

as ive said before, stop checking the app every 10 seconds...you'll get an email when your VIN has been assigned and a text when the car leaves Freemont
Not necessarily. I was notified via text
My OD was 7/29
First EDD 9/9 - 10/14
Current EDD 9/12 - 10/10

Do financing once VIN is assigned
my MVPA says there are 15 miles on the car....how many miles were on your car when you picked it up? i believe my 2019 had 52
I think I had 7. 15 is a place holder

Just found this forum and wanted to post my info:

OD: 8/5
Blue
Black interior
Standard Autopilot
Region: South Florida

First EDD: Oct - Nov
Second EDD: Oct 12 - Nov 16

Hoping it hits in the current delivery window rather than earlier, I'm out of town most of September and would rather not have to cancel/move plans to come accept delivery, except if it gives me an excuse to skip my cousin's wedding 😂

My OD was 7/29
First EDD 9/9 - 10/14
Current EDD 9/12 - 10/10

Change it to cash and then once you get your VIN look for a loan.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
Dang not even 800 miles. Thankfully i had a plug kit in my office I keep for my Harley. Tesla SA said they can’t work on it because their tire machine is broken. They sprayed soapy water and said keep driving it.
3AA98DD9-B62B-41B6-B0A2-929C2CD994DF.jpeg
new tire was 470? Complete wheel 1100 Ish I need to look into aftermarket. Local tire shop would touch the Teslas. Be prepared friends.