Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text alert for scheduling delivery! Scheduled for Sep 2 pickup!!!
It was asking to schedule delivery between Sep 2-4… Had to reshuffle labor day weekend plan sigh. Oh well!

For those curious and with new orders, my full order journey has been as follows:

OD: 06/27
DD: 09/02
Color: White/White
Region: Washington DC

EDDs:
1. Jun 28: Aug 26 - Sep 30
2. Jul 30: Aug 21 - Sep 17
3. Aug 05: Aug 25 - Sep 08
4. Aug 12: Aug 26 - Sep 08
5. Aug 16: Aug 30 - Sep 03

Non EDD Key Updates.
1. Aug 13: Text asking about trade in
2. Aug 18: Car left the factory!
3. Aug 19: Text update stating car to arrive in DC ‘around’ Aug 31
4. Aug 21: Text asking to schedule delivery between Sep 2-4

Got a text alert for scheduling delivery! Scheduled for Sep 2 pickup!!!
It was asking to schedule delivery between Sep 2-4… Had to reshuffle labor day weekend plan sigh. Oh well!

For those curious and with new orders, my full order journey has been as follows:

OD: 06/27
DD: 09/02
Color: White/White
Region: Washington DC

EDDs:
1. Jun 28: Aug 26 - Sep 30
2. Jul 30: Aug 21 - Sep 17
3. Aug 05: Aug 25 - Sep 08
4. Aug 12: Aug 26 - Sep 08
5. Aug 16: Aug 30 - Sep 03

Non EDD Key Updates.
1. Aug 13: Text asking about trade in
2. Aug 18: Car left the factory!
3. Aug 19: Text update stating car to arrive in DC ‘around’ Aug 31
4. Aug 21: Text asking to schedule delivery between Sep 2-4

This is great news! Same config as mine. It's strange how it works for us in the PNW. We don't get those texts or updates...apparently the VINs are issued once the car arrives at the SC here so it happens fast. Ex. Your first EDD received on June 28 with the end of Aug - end of Sept is what my latest EDD is. I have a feeling there should be some movement this week.

Wishful thinking, but based on your Aug 18th test of the car leaving the factory, that could mean that mine has as well if our cars w/w config were in the same batch in production. I'd be really curious to compare our VINs and Production Dates later.

Thanks for sharing! Very informative.

18” TSS wheel and tire package came in today. Kinda weird buying wheels and tires before the car arrives but after reading so much on this forum, I feel good about it. Those 20’s are fragile.
View attachment 820099
I’m interested in getting a set of tires and rims since getting a screw in my tire. Tesla wasn’t able to fix it as their tire machine was broken. Also the roadside coverage doesn’t guarantee they can fix your tire either. How did this combo look and handle on your car. Is there a better option out there?

New delivery window starts tomorrow, and I'm hoping for the best. In each of my last two delivery windows, the EDD got pushed back on the second day of the window. On the second pushback, it expanded from 2 weeks to 4. I hope it contracts back to 2 weeks, but who knows?
My Delivery window started today and usually the second or third day is when it shifts and I’m hoping it doesn’t again. Hope we both get our VINs soon!

This is great news! Same config as mine. It's strange how it works for us in the PNW. We don't get those texts or updates...apparently the VINs are issued once the car arrives at the SC here so it happens fast. Ex. Your first EDD received on June 28 with the end of Aug - end of Sept is what my latest EDD is. I have a feeling there should be some movement this week.

Wishful thinking, but based on your Aug 18th test of the car leaving the factory, that could mean that mine has as well if our cars w/w config were in the same batch in production. I'd be really curious to compare our VINs and Production Dates later.

Thanks for sharing! Very informative.

Thanks! I think things are more chaotic for you guys on the west coast. The two week gap from factory to arrival at delivery center for east coast means there is more ‘time’ for comms with Tesla SA.

Fyi, my VIN was 335x

I ordered on March 14th

Original EDD was June, now it says 25-30 September...but still have not received a VIN...

The EDD range was like 2 months, now it went to 5 days...

Shouldnt i get a VIN assigned already since shipping to EU from China takes 30 days? :(

Exciting day for mcap81 and dnstommy.

OD - 6/18 here in SF Bay. Before this morning, EDD was Sept 12 to Oct 17. This morning, Dec 11 to Jan 12.

That's painful. I'm still sitting on my previous EDD of 8/22-9/26 from a month ago. I was hoping something would move today on the 1st day of the window.

I saw 2 car trailers full of M3s (mostly 18/19" wheels) I5 northbound yesterday. They are definitely moving something on the west coast. Just not our cars yet.

Reactions: unlock
I know this latest date push I got may also signal that a 2 week delivery window is eminent.
But like Flatbroke and others, dates have changed many times and many have got to the point where they were questioning their decision to order. Most of those folks have since received cars. Some of us are still waiting and navigating around not having that extra car for several months. So naturally, over these now three months, I have second guessed going the Tesla/EV route.

For most, it's not about the gas savings unless you have a long daily commute (I do). And even then, the break even point for a different $40k car would still be 5+ years driving 150 miles per day.
Maybe it's about going green? Not the case for me.
Performance? How many times are you actually using the acceleration after you've done it a few times and showed your family/friends?
Even the aesthetic performance upgrades you pay for on the P model. Many are already replacing their 21" wheels and low profile tires to avoid damage.

So just curious. After all the waiting, second guessing, and evaluating. Especially for those where this is their first Tesla.
You've experienced the speed and what it's like to drive a dead silent EV.
You've been in the cabin long enough to get a sense of the current level of quality offered by Tesla and all of the car's idiosyncrasies.

Was it still worth it?